What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Force

perth sharkie

Juniors
kia ora storm said:
The Western Force were absolutely shocking last night and will not winn any games playing the way they did against the Chiefs...their kicking was poor and their backline looked second rate...Mitchell better start putting his foot down or they are going to turn into the biggest joke of a team playing professional rugby.

They'll soon become the NZ Knights of rugby.

fieldo

Juniors
They want to learn ball security for the start....doesn't matter whether they have a centre or not (todays papers) if they don't respect the ball they will lose all the time.

The Chiefs are an ordinary side so whats that make the Force.

BORING!!!!!!

ozbash

Referee
The Chiefs are an ordinary side so whats that make the Force.

chiefs just missed the semis last year so theres no way i,d call them ordinary
they were crippled by injuries and beat a few of the more ' favoured' teams.

they have bought well in the off season (muliaina,nutbrown etc) so as long as our key players dont get hurt (and jono gibbes is a very key player), the mighty chiefs will make the semis.

as for the force,,, typical aussie fly by night fans, 3rd game of their inaugural season. if they are,nt leading the comp you dont want to know.

aussies1st

Staff member
It's not about them being top of the table. Its them actually putting in a good showing. If they held onto the ball they could be a threat to the title. But lack of ball security is costing them.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
perth sharkie said:
They'll soon become the NZ Knights of rugby.

:lol: Nobody in NZ gives a f**k about the Knights, so I hope the Force aren't too worried about gate takings....

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Been very disappointed with Henjak and Sharpy so far, Henjak has been giving average service from the ruck and trying to create things out of nothing and Sharp has been pretty ordinary in the lineouts and not taking command of the team like you would expect a captain to.

And drop Brock James his games this year has just confirmed what I have thought about him for years: he is sh*t and should piss off to England.

Shame Lachlan McKay got injured I rate him a lot.

fieldo

Juniors
Maybe the will jag one of the SA games...lets hope.......

lets guess the score this week against NSW.......good thing they have a AFL scoreboard it will be able to get past 100......

or maybe they will surprise us and keep it below 70.

By the time these guys are finished they will need to go back to the local comp to get used to the footy which they wont see much of in the next few weeks.

Shame but as Mitchell said....we are building a side......for rugby to survive they better hurry up....the honeymoon is over

Stuart

Juniors
They have the core of quite a good side, its just things arent coming together for them. In patches and for individual plays they can look good, it just not consistent yet. With time these things will come together and they will improve out od sight. Honestly I dont think too much could of been expected of them this year given recruitment etc, next year however i think we wil see a hugely improved side that might surprise some people.

bayrep

Juniors
Sounds like a Typical Mitchell statement. I think the Force hired the wrong guy as coach.

fieldo

Juniors
Yeah hope its a home game......it will be close.....so close it will come down to who can hold the ball.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Daruda, James, and Mackay at #10 aren't good enough.
Mackay is a big solid player who runs at the line(big positive) and has an ok pass but he's not going to turn it around unless he has stellar players around him. Aswell his kicking is ordinary. James is at best an average player while Daruda has talent but over does it way too much.

Henjak is soft and O'Young should start ahead of him.
The Sydney Uni front row of Hardy, Cannon and Fitter are playing well below of the capabilitys, and including Sharpe on paper are a decent tight 5, but on the field would get embarresed by schoolboy sides.

So much work for John Mitchell..... Their only hope is Ioane who is a top young player. They should give Stapleton a run, atleast give Force some speed.

aussies1st

Staff member
Daruda should come over to the ACT, they need a good backup five eight no point in seeing a talent like him go down the drain with the Force.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Well that was easier than I expected tahs won 32-7.

Man the Force look crap, any team that can make Wendell look good is awful!
Still I will give them a chance, their CEO keeps ratlting on about the Force being a "3 year plan" to be comeptitive so we will see.

They seriously look like they could go without a win all year (they have to play the Cats in the Republic and on home ground advantage, I would probably back the Cats)

fieldo

Juniors
Force were close saturday however most people would have gone to sleep before the comeback...boring boring game

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Unlucky they were finishing strongly, Henjak has really been sh*t this year that first try he pratically gave to the Bulls!