What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers '05 strip

innsaneink

Referee
newgear.jpg

...................AWAY.........................................HOME.................

New jerseys once upon a time were quite exciting, it happens that often now its all a bit ho hum.
Glad they have collars, dont look too bad.

White shorts have been rare for Wests.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
innsaneink said:
newgear.jpg

...................AWAY.........................................HOME.................

New jerseys once upon a time were quite exciting, it happens that often now its all a bit ho hum.
Glad they have collars, dont look too bad.

White shorts have been rare for Wests.
the away jersey looks awesome

beave

Coach
YAWN, another new jersey, they are getting too busy, older style jerseys are way better IMO

thickos

First Grade
It's way too messy... colours everywhere. The original WT jersey is the best by miles.

Matt M

Juniors
No offense to Tigers fans, but they are just about the ugliest jerseys I've ever seen. I don't mind teams wearing weird jerseys like this for one-off things but they will be wearing that rubbish week in week out this year. I thought their last one was bad but this is just horrible. Why can't they just stick to a simple design?

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
thickos said:
It's way too messy... colours everywhere. The original WT jersey is the best by miles.

Yeah but the club isn't into listening to the fans. I'm just happy they are an improvment on the last jerseys which i really felt were the worst in the league. Ahh well maybe next retro round the club will realise what the fans really want.

beave

Coach
but all the clubs have to take it serioulsy if they have a retro weekend, last year parra were one of the only ones to take it serioulsy, what the sharks were thinking i have no idea

Briza

Juniors
I love em both, one would almost feel like a tiger in that design :clap:

Sponsors Logo does ruin it though :?:

Jamesy

Juniors
Yeah, i really like those jersies, but your right peeps, the sponsor's logo does spoil it. Shame.

colonel_123

Juniors
I remember some people saying that there might be a different sponsor logo on the jerseys this year. A simpler design based on a particular herbal world product. Hopefully when the players run out that might be the case.

Someone posted a shot of what appears to have been an early prototype design on the Wests Tigers Official Forum and I thought that they looked better in real life then in the cartoon.

Cupid Stunt

I'd like to see it on the backs of a whole team first but the away looks great. With any luck they will be able to wear it more often than not.

Briza

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
I love them, agree the logo wrecks it but what can you do?

Ask Herbal World to redesign their Logo so it suit's the Gernsey :idea:

thickos

First Grade
beave said:
but all the clubs have to take it serioulsy if they have a retro weekend, last year parra were one of the only ones to take it serioulsy, what the sharks were thinking i have no idea

The Raiders and Manly took it seriously - straight out of the 1987 GF were our jerseys.

Broncodroid

Juniors
I agree with another member, the original Wests Tigers jerseys are alot more "user friendly" on the eye so to speak. These jerseys are a little "too much" and the sponsors logo stands out like dogs balls which for the sponsor is a good thing admittedly.

Personally, I do not like the jersey, it looks very much thrown together and IMO no improvement over what they wore last year. Bring back their original franchise jerseys where the colours were dominated by a solid orange colour or solid black.

simon says

First Grade
Just for the record......we took the retro stuff all the way....dunno who the imposter is who thinks only Parra did it,vut we had a Balmain day at Leichhardt and a Maggies day at Cambo.

On the current design,its way better than before,at least both are mostly one colour ie black or orange,and the shorts look awesome with the tigers stripes.The boys will really look like tigers and I like that.

I must admit that I find it deeply ironic that a Manly and Bronco fan dont like the design.......check out their jerseys.If they arent the most hideous colours and design Ill give it up.Cant think of a Bronco jumper that didnt want to make me hurl,and Manly's looks like they ran out of material half way through and added on the arms with some leftovers....classic.

People who live in glass houses....... :lol: :lol:

Broncodroid

Juniors
simon says said:
I must admit that I find it deeply ironic that a Manly and Bronco fan dont like the design.......check out their jerseys.If they arent the most hideous colours and design Ill give it up.Cant think of a Bronco jumper that didnt want to make me hurl,and Manly's looks like they ran out of material half way through and added on the arms with some leftovers....classic.

People who live in glass houses.......

Where has anyone asked for the opinion on the Broncos jersey from a Broncos fan? :roll: I find it amazing that some fans cannot accept any such criticism of their club even when talking about a freaking' jersey and ones opinion on the design...

As for the Broncos current home and away jersey, for the record, I like it and funnily enough it does not make me want to hurl. Admittedly the blue should not be in there, though I can't change that. I will take it over the Tigers jersey as it stands at the moment....but hey, it's only jersey, who really cares apart from those looking to make money in sales right?

Matt M

Juniors
simon says said:

You're kidding aren't you? Manly and Brisbane have some of the most simple and attractive designs in the NRL. I could have thrown up something better than this Tigers one. Why don't the Tigers just use something like the WT Centenary jersey?