What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers '05 strip

Darth Bobo

I waited till they announced that they had a sponsor for more than a 1 year and when they announced Herbal World as a 3yr sponsor I thought "Great, now I can get a jersery 1 year and not look out of date the next".

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!! :evil:

brook

First Grade
I'm not a fan but do think they are better than the previous jerseys

we seem to have a knack for making the away jersey designs much better than the home - hopefully this one is worn more than twice

Tigerpete

Juniors
Im like most in here. The away strip is the better of the two. Thats right about the logo on the jersey. I dont think its confirmed but it looks likely a Herbal World product will be advertised instead. Now weather or not that means it wont look so bad who knows?

Raider_69

Post Whore
the original wests tigers jersey was awesome, was one of my favs of all time, that is boarding on hideous, colours everywhere, and as said the sponsor sticks out like dogs balls and ruins any decent look of it.
#-o #-o

Broncodroid

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
the original wests tigers jersey was awesome, was one of my favs of all time, that is boarding on hideous, colours everywhere, and as said the sponsor sticks out like dogs balls and ruins any decent look of it.
#-o #-o

Wait for it Raider_69..."you have the hide to hassle our Wests Tigers jersey though your Canberra one blah blah blah blah"...Just giving a certain Tigers fan a head start to save some time :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yea im expected that some tiger fan will try and turn the tides

simon says

First Grade
Wooohoo....high moral ground alert.Take cover.......

Its like this you clowns......a team thats coming last makes fun of a team that is front of him.He is gonna get some stick.A fat man says,check out the fat chick....he is gonna get some too.

I hope you understand analogies but Im not hoping for too much.

PS...Raiders jumpers are a slight improvement on Broncos/Manly.And just for the record I liked the initial WT jumpers too,but these arent too bad,and they are tapping into the Tiger which I think is a great idea.....

The Tiger has to be the spunkiest emblem in the comp and the most marketable IMHO.

innsaneink

Referee
Most of this thread is full of predictable replies, though Droid, it surprises me your here helping fan the flames, when not too long ago you were posting items specifically to avoid that.
Hopped off?

Broncodroid said:
Raider_69 said:
#-o #-o

Wait for it Raider_69..."you have the hide to hassle our Wests Tigers jersey though your Canberra one blah blah blah blah"...Just giving a certain Tigers fan a head start to save some time :lol:

If ya cant beat em.......join em. :lol: :lol:

perth sharkie

Juniors
Matt M said:
No offense to Tigers fans, but they are just about the ugliest jerseys I've ever seen. I don't mind teams wearing weird jerseys like this for one-off things but they will be wearing that rubbish week in week out this year. I thought their last one was bad but this is just horrible. Why can't they just stick to a simple design?

Well said. The same could apply to a lot of teams. Designs are generally getting worse, not better. Cronulla have had some poor kits over the years, but I'd be embarrassed walking around wearing something like that.

Nuke

Staff member
You ones think the Tigers jerseys are bad (personally, I don't mind them - I think the shorts are awesome!), wait until you see Melbourne Storm's away jersey for this year. It looks to me like someone designed it in Publisher. I saw a pic of it somewhere on these forums. PLUS, it's one of those stupid collarless 't-shirts' that for some reason appear to be popular with jersey designers these days.

It is by far the worst jersey in history ... and that's NOT an exaggeration.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Nuke said:
You ones think the Tigers jerseys are bad (personally, I don't mind them - I think the shorts are awesome!), wait until you see Melbourne Storm's away jersey for this year. It looks to me like someone designed it in Publisher. I saw a pic of it somewhere on these forums. PLUS, it's one of those stupid collarless 't-shirts' that for some reason appear to be popular with jersey designers these days.

It is by far the worst jersey in history ... and that's NOT an exaggeration.

yea i agree
ive seen the pic and it makes the tigers jersey look godly
the storm away is without a doubt the most hideous pile of rubbish ive ever seen as a jersey

beave

Coach
simon says said:
The Tiger has to be the spunkiest emblem in the comp and the most marketable IMHO.

u are f$%kin kidding me aren't you?? The tiger emblem is a blatant rip-off of the florida panthers ice-hockey team check it out if you don't believe me
http://www.floridapanthers.com/

the tiger name itself is a good one, i just think they could have come up with something a bit more original in the design, there is a local club up here that are the "western lions", they have used the wests tigers logo and just drawn a 'maine' around the face, hehehe, they aint fooling no one. I personally think the roosters emblem is excellent, along with the raiders one, but just my opinion.

innsaneink

Referee
beave said:
simon says said:

u are f$%kin kidding me aren't you?? The tiger emblem is a blatant rip-off of the florida panthers ice-hockey team check it out if you don't believe me
http://www.floridapanthers.com/

the tiger name itself is a good one, i just think they could have come up with something a bit more original in the design, there is a local club up here that are the "western lions", they have used the wests tigers logo and just drawn a 'maine' around the face, hehehe, they aint fooling no one. I personally think the roosters emblem is excellent, along with the raiders one, but just my opinion.

Thanx for that einstein.....ur a bright one aint ya?

:roll: :roll:

Evergreen

Juniors
Will they be doing the same as last year? i.e the predominantly orange guernsey at Leichardt, black at Campbelltown? I'm guessing the away strip would be the 'Tigers' version.

simon says

First Grade
The difference is that the Tigers colours match the emblem itself,tigers are black,white,orange,so is our jersey...and herein lies our advantage.We can wear outfits that resemble the animal that represents us.

The latest gear we have brought out really latches onto this and I think will sell very well.Big tiger prints with claw marks out of them looks cool and unique....and I reckon the shorts the players wear are awesome.

This is the point Beave.......