What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers in secrert talks to lure Waratah Ryan Cross back to Rugby League

Borat.

Juniors
Cross if signed I imagine will play mostly for Balmain Ryde he is not good enough and too old. We have better young centres and wingers in our 20's than that has been Cross.

hahahahahhaaaa as if sheens cares about being old and not good enough - Utai, Lote , Reddy, Ryan and Cross- if we kept Wade Mk we could have vied for the worst backline in the history of league

Bench
hahahahahhaaaa as if sheens cares about being old and not good enough - Utai, Lote , Reddy, Ryan and Cross- if we kept Wade Mk we could have vied for the worst backline in the history of league
Utai,Lote and Reddy are damn fine players,McKinnon is not bad,just to slow and Cross is basically unknown,so I don't get your argument.

Borat.

Juniors
Lote is a fine player- but past his best

You think other clubs are hammering down our door to get Utai, McKinnon and Ryan -

Reddy was unwanted by his club, Utai was playing park football- McKinnon ha what a joke - u think his only problem is he is slow ....ROFL......

Cross unknown??? no we know he is old........past his best Clearly....

Tigerm

First Grade
Lote is a fine player- but past his best

You think other clubs are hammering down our door to get Utai, McKinnon and Ryan -

Reddy was unwanted by his club, Utai was playing park football- McKinnon ha what a joke - u think his only problem is he is slow ....ROFL......

Cross unknown??? no we know he is old........past his best Clearly....
Lote was one of our best last year, haven't seen enough of him this year to say he is past his best, most talk is, we have missed him.
Utai, up until his injury was the find of the season.
McKinnon, tend to agree with you, but when not injured, he played very well, the last few weeks he has been ordinary.
Ryan, the last month or so, has been reasonably solid for us.
Reddy, don't know anything about him TBH, but all players who move on are unwanted & a change may just be what he needs???
Cross, 32 is not that old in todays game, not sure how you can say he is clearly past his best, when we haven't seen him play?

We need players who can compete, I don't think throwing the youth team in, is the answer. But rather a mix of youth & experience, it is a long season.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Ryan Cross is 31 - pretty much the same age as Lote - and quite frankly - before they got injured - Lote and Lawrence were one of the best centre / winger attack combinations in the game.

Its interesting how many people on here bag our news signings.

I cant remember ever having a signing since the JV that wasnt lambasted by this forum.

Lote was past it apparently as well.......

gordsy

Juniors
Cross, 32 is not that old in todays game, not sure how you can say he is clearly past his best, when we haven't seen him play?

Hmmm, let me see why people are sceptical. He has played a totally different code for four years. He is 32 so he has one or two years tops. He wouldn't be coming to us for peanuts and he hasn't been in top form for NSW in what many people consider to be a softer code. And centre isn't a position we in desperate need of filling.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cross turns 32 in October this year.

He played 145 first grade and rep games in League

124 of those were as a centre, 8 at wing, 7 at fullback and 6 off the bench.

He was the beneficiary of a lot of great work due the roosters halves and fullback of the early 2000's

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Maybe Cross is a legacy by having his father Paul (might be his uncle not sure) play for the Tigers. Some of the older Balmain guys might remember Paul, most spectacular dive to finish off a try I have ever seen....

Tigerm

First Grade
Hmmm, let me see why people are sceptical. He has played a totally different code for four years. He is 32 so he has one or two years tops. He wouldn't be coming to us for peanuts and he hasn't been in top form for NSW in what many people consider to be a softer code. And centre isn't a position we in desperate need of filling.
Hmmmm, it didn't hurt Tiquiri, Sailor, Rogers or Tahu?
Who said he was being signed as a centre?
He may well not work out for us, but just think we should wait & see if he is past it, if & when he plays.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tuqiri, Sailor, Rogers and Tahu all have shitloads more talent, ability and skill than Cross could ever dream of.

Tigerm

First Grade
Tuqiri, Sailor, Rogers and Tahu all have shitloads more talent, ability and skill than Cross could ever dream of.
Maybe, a lot of ppl said that about Tuqiri before he came here as well. He certainly surprised me.
Just think it is hard to have an opinion, that he has or hasn't got it (if he comes?) when only seeing him play will tell us that.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can watch the union and see for yourself.

Centres in Union have the easiest job of all and far easier than in League, and even still, he is struggling.

gordsy

Juniors
Hmmmm, it didn't hurt Tiquiri, Sailor, Rogers or Tahu?
Who said he was being signed as a centre?
He may well not work out for us, but just think we should wait & see if he is past it, if & when he plays.

I'll give you Tuquiri but the others I don't really rate that much. How pi$$ed off would you be if you were a young guy coming through at the Tigers if you didn't get a chance to even trial for the position because the club signed Ryan Cross

Tigerm

First Grade
I'll give you Tuquiri but the others I don't really rate that much. How pi$$ed off would you be if you were a young guy coming through at the Tigers if you didn't get a chance to even trial for the position because the club signed Ryan Cross
I agree with you, but I was just making the point that he "is clearly past it" is perhaps a bit premature.
Another year for some of the kids wont hurt either?
I certainly bagged Tuqiri when he came, because he was absolutely useless for the Tahs, but he came good when he came back?
Besides, playing a few years in the backs in Union, may well prolong your UBD:)
Is he actually coming?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see what you are saying, but the fact is, Cross never "had it" and now he's older and more useless and is further from ever "having it" then he has ever been in his entire career.

Simply put, the guy is an old hack, the only difference to how he played League, was he was an average hack surrounded by world class players at the peak of their careers.

I hope he doesn't come, he's f**ked.

jasonl

Juniors

Dissagree with you on that MU.

Cross may be pushing 32 but he was a class act in the day.

Easts at the time fielded 11 internationals in their run on team and even with all of that talent around he still stood out.

Remember him breaking the Wests line almost at will.

Plus, comparing him to Tiquiri and Sailor is plain weird. Entirely a different type of player. Strange coming from you MU - you're normally pretty astute.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Dissagree with you on that MU.

Cross may be pushing 32 but he was a class act in the day.

Easts at the time fielded 11 internationals in their run on team and even with all of that talent around he still stood out.

Remember him breaking the Wests line almost at will.

Plus, comparing him to Tiquiri and Sailor is plain weird. Entirely a different type of player. Strange coming from you MU - you're normally pretty astute.
:lol::lol:

No he didn't. In his day he was a solid first grader, not much else.

jasonl

Juniors

I guess you didn't watch the same games as me.

The actual idea that that you should come on this board and be taken seriously is pure nonsense.

"Solid Firtst Grader" my ass. Cross was an excellent centre and anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

And btw, where did you play Tiger Hawk?

Nowhere I'm guessing. Just another blowhard internet warrior without a clue.

You can probably take some comfort in that.

Jase

fred95

Juniors

You dn'nt even know what you're talking about, he's still twice the player Lote is and you (along with several other tiger fans posting on this thread) have no doubt ever seen him play league or union.

Latest posts