What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers Trial Match v Eels [Team Lists]

azsportza

Live Update Team
WESTS TIGERS vs PARRAMATTA EELS 2013 TRIAL MATCH

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

MATCH DETAILS
Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah NSW
Gates open: 2.45pm
NYC Kick-off: 3pm
NSW Cup Kick-off 5.15pm
NRL Kick-off 7.30pm

Referees: Gavin Badger and Luke Phillips
Touch Judges: Jason Walsh and Chris Sutton

Wests Tigers NRL Team will be wearing the WHITE Alternate Jersey

BUY TICKETS HERE

NRL TEAM LIST

1. Tim Moltzen 2. Marika Koroibete 3. Chris Lawrence 4. Blake Ayshford 5. Matt Utai 6. Benji Marshall 7. Jacob Miller 8. Matt Bell 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Braith Anasta 12. Eddy Pettybourne 13. Adam Blair

Interchange: 14. Masada Iosefa 15. Ben Murdoch-Masila 16. Bodene Thompson 17. Shaun Spence 18. Jack Buchanan 19. Joel Reddy 20. Taqele Naiyaravaro 21. James Tedesco

VB NSW CUP TEAM LIST

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Rory Brien 4. Taqele Naiyaravoro 5. Asipeli Fine 6. Sean Meaney 7. Luke Brooks 8. Ava Seumanufagai 9. Joel Luani 10. Shaun Spence 11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 12. Jarred Farlow 13. Sauaso Sue

Interchange: 14. Mosese Fotuaika 15. Tim Simona 16. Michael Bullock 17. Inno Inosesio 18. Dave Harris 19. Soni Paasi 20. Sitaleki Akauola 21. Jy Hitchcox

HOLDEN CUP TEAM LIST (NYC)

FIRST HALF:
1. Delouise Hoeter 2. Maile Li 3. Rhys Mclaren 4. John Ogden 5. Harry Grove 6. Billy Kitt 7. Manaia Rudolph 8. Nathan Brown 9. Nafoa Leapai 10. Andy Fiagatusa 11. Andrew Vela 12. Salesi Funaki 13. Kyle Lovett 14. Luke Williams 15. Ritchie Ene 17. Matt Fairhurst

SECOND HALF:
1. Kurtis Rowe 2. Paul Simona 3. Nathan Milone 4. Leva Li 5. Max Dimarco 6. Matt Mulcahy 7. Jack Madden 8. Dallas Graham 9. Manaia Cherrington 10. Jake Dooner 11. Daniel Rakvin 12. Shane Lalogafau 13. Brendan Santi 14. Luke Bonnell 15. Paula Fangaloka 16. Andrew Kazzi

I will be at the ground for NYC and NRL to film the match

Wests Tigers Injury List (As of February 12, 2013)
Liam Fulton (wrist) :: Return: Foundation Cup (Feb 23)
Curtis Sironen (shoulder) :: Return Rd 1
Aaron Woods (knee) :: Return: Indefinite
Lote Tuqiri (arm ) :: Return: Indefinite
Matt Groat (foot) :: Return: Indefinite
James Gavet (foot) :: Return: Indefinite
Mitchell Moses (leg) :: Return: Indefinite
Josh Davis (leg) :: Return: Indefinite

Last edited:

azsportza

Live Update Team
Not a bad team. 2 fails i can notice in the squad tho :(

I'm guessing the obvious one is Moltzen at fullback - And the other Blair at lock?

As for James Tedesco, I think it would be a big ask to throw him into the starting side after coming back from his injury. Needs to work into it

azsportza

Live Update Team
NSW Cup and Holden Cup teams added to first post. You will note that James Tedesco, BMM, Taqele Naiyaravoro and Shaun Spence are all starting for the NSW Cup side.

macnaz

Staff member
I'm guessing the obvious one is Moltzen at fullback - And the other Blair at lock?

As for James Tedesco, I think it would be a big ask to throw him into the starting side after coming back from his injury. Needs to work into it

Joel Reddy is the other fail

Last edited:

azsportza

Live Update Team
FFS. I'm guessing Fulton is also injured?

Wests Tigers Injury List as of February 12, 2013
Liam Fulton (wrist) Return: Foundation Cup (Feb 23)
Curtis Sironen (shoulder). Return Rd 1
Aaron Woods (knee). Return: Indefinite
Lote Tuqiri (arm ). Return: Indefinite
Matt Groat (foot). Return: Indefinite
James Gavet (foot). Return: Indefinite
Mitchell Moses (leg): Return: Indefinite
Josh Davis (leg). Return: Indefinite

Bench
Bloody hell,our injury list is long and we havent even played yet(NRL),lets hope this is not an omen for another injury riddled year.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Why is Iosefa at #14? Yes he is a quality hooker but that is it. He can't play in the back row and Robbie usually plays 80 minutes. I hope this is just to give him a run in the trial matches and not a permanent spot.

Also, what are our thoughts with Blair at 13? From the training videos he looks like he has put some serious bulk back on and admits he has to pick up his game in 2013. Did he ever play lock at Storm?

innsaneink

Referee
New season, clean slate, fresh start for everyone....dont let past seasons sway your judgements on certain players....lets give em all a fair go under a new coach

macnaz

Staff member
Potter has been impressed by Blair so far. He said he has been professional and training the hardest out of the whole group. I sure he wants to put 2012 behind him and get back to his best. Hope so because we need him to fill the huge gap left by Ellis.

TiggaPlease

I'm a bit surprised that Tim Simona is only on the bench in the NSW cup squad. It's pretty disappointing considering that Joel Reddy is in the NRL squad.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I can live with Blair at lock. If he plays a similar game to Gallen (I wish) he is essentially just another prop. It has been said here before that lock now days is not unlock prop in defence and attack....

Potter may have seen something or given Blair instruction on how he should fit in the team (especially if he has bulked up) so for a trial or early in the season I think it is a good decision because second row wasn't so flash last year....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd have thought, giving their styles of play, that Anasta and Blair would change positions.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blair has played 9 games at Lock in his career (6 with Storm and 3 for the Kiwis)

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Anasta I think may be better suited to second row. Reason being he can run alright angles in attack. I seem to recall in 2010 the Chooks had him in the second row and he wasn't too bad in attack. I guess too that if he defends a little wider this may suit him as well.

He isn't the type to take too many hit ups in a game (as does a lock) but he does have enough size that when coming back at the angle Miller or Marshall could feed him some good ball. Fulton is also good at this and he is smaller again than Anasta.

I could be eating my words half way through the season but Anasta may turn out to be OK in the second row.

Latest posts