What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers v Melbourne Storm *Live Updates*

Balmain_Boy

vippo19 said:
Bit of a scare for the tigers. So what would be an indication Dodge, which team was the standout?

We were far better for the first 60. Never looked like losing after the first 20 minutes.

Balmain_Boy

Benji was outstanding for the majority of the match. Very stupid flick pass at one point which was the wrong option and probably cost us a try on the opposite flank.

Earl

Coach
Cheers mate.

Melbourne were very ordinary today. When it meant more than anything in the world, they couldn't hold the ball.

Matt King and Steve Turner got absolutley carved up. Geyer & Inglis didn't fare to better either though.

They can take some heart out of the last 10 minutes though. Over 100 more tackles than the Tigers and they never gave up.

fulltime

Juniors
they never gave up but the tigers did. the last 10 mins was for/agaibst consolation only.

lolesi gone 100%
laffranchi most probably gone.
if hill pulled the ref back(apparently they have footage) gone for several weeks
if footage of slater shows what two commentary teams saw he looks gone as well.

tigers completely dominant scoreline no reflection at all.
next fridays game should be made live in sydney it would rate its arse off.

sla4575

Juniors
I think that the storm can take a lot of good away from a really sh*tty performance. They showed that they can score points very quickly against a strong side, whereas last year they would have laid down and died.

Adam Blair played very well today i thought, as did Johnson as usual. It was strange to see Cameron Smith actually make wrong choices, but the whole team seemed to have one of those days.

I'm not sure if the bye is a good or bad thing for the storm. It will probably kill their momentum, but it will hopefully give them time to sort out their poor ball control.

Earl

Coach
The only thing against Slater is Warren Smith, the biggest tigers fan in NSW, saying he did something.

From what they showed there isn't any video footage to show what he "did".

We'll see what happens tommorow though.

Agree on Lolesi though, late-forearms-high.

Earl

Coach
sla4575 said:
I think that the storm can take a lot of good away from a really sh*tty performance. They showed that they can score points very quickly against a strong side, whereas last year they would have laid down and died.

Adam Blair played very well today i thought, as did Johnson as usual. It was strange to see Cameron Smith actually make wrong choices, but the whole team seemed to have one of those days.

I'm not sure if the bye is a good or bad thing for the storm. It will probably kill their momentum, but it will hopefully give them time to sort out their poor ball control.

Blair was outstanding IMO as well. Especially when you consider he was on debut. Has to be in the 17 again next week.

fulltime

Juniors
slater's incident was also confirmed on 2gb immediately during the game so could be in trouble and they get it at worst from the grandstand camera which sees the whole ground. it was 5m behind the play the ball so if anything happened it should be picked up somewhere.

camsmith

Juniors
Slater will be fine ffs, Bloody tigers supporters giving him so respect.

Storm played sh*t for 65 minutes.. who knows what would have happened if we played well for even 60 mins. Anyway well done Tigers (i guess)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Match report written. Sorry about the glitches guys, we are working on them. Tigers far and away the best team, but they'll want to be a bit more fit to hold on to a full 80 minutes on Friday night. Not much turnaround time but they really need to if they want to emulate their premiership win next weekend. Melbourne were very lucky to be as close as they were.

Well done Tigpies.

vlad

juniors
camsmith said:
Slater will be fine ffs, Bloody tigers supporters giving him so respect.

Storm played sh*t for 65 minutes.. who knows what would have happened if we played well for even 60 mins. Anyway well done Tigers (i guess)

the storm played as well as the Tigers allowed them too . The score flattered Melbourne who scored a couple of consolation tries when the contest was over .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
vlad said:
the storm played as well as the Tigers allowed them too . The score flattered Melbourne who scored a couple of consolation tries when the contest was over .

Be a bloody graceful winner. The Storm showed power and skill over a very weary and tired Tigers team in the final 20 minutes. A similar display between 65-80 mins next week v NQ will see Wests get mowed, no matter the margin before hand. It wasn't a great game and Melbourne never deserved to win, but give credit where it's due, Melbourne got across the line very well in the late stages.

Earl

Coach
Melbourne showed superior fitness toward the end. The Tigers were forced to only make a handful of tackles in the entire game, yet the still tired dramaticly.