What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weyman To Knights

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Sounds like he is keen on staying as he looks like he is set up nicely in the Gong and loving the lifestyle there.

If Knights throw him some huge coin though I would not try and match it. Has had the odd injury or 2 and not worth big dollars.

Felt sorry for him on the Footy show. Fatty and Beau gave it to him delux.

I know what I'd like to give Vautin and Ryan....and it wouldn't be verbal... personally those blokes annoy the crap out of me...imo cheap humour in a cheap show

RedVee

First Grade
People bring up Weymans injuries, but whoever would replace him is likely to suffer injuries.
If he was 34 and coming off a couple of injury hit seasons maybe, but I don't think he is 30 yet. Too me he offers a lot to the squad in both playing and non playing areas.

Efresh

Coach
Listening to him last night on the footy show, he seems to want to stay with us and he wants to play to prove that.

He probably wants to get back on the park to prove he is worth an extra 50 or 100k above what we are offering. You can't blame him for that because if he is on the park he is worth it.

Lethal25

Juniors
Saints have always played better footy with Weyman on the park, maybe Price wants a pass or offload in his props though. Something not really in Weyman or hunt but both Matulino and Kasiano do have

Minh

First Grade
I know this will upset some people out there but I don't see it as a huge loss I think we got the best out of Weyman and wish him the best if he's gone.

Gomarchin

Juniors
If this is true then that means Bennett only needs to get Hornby and young out of retirement and he's rebuilt the GF winning team. How many players has he taken to Newcastle with him?

How many did he bring to saints when he left the broncos? I think it was only Boyd and emmett. Why is he raiding our team???

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
If this is true then that means Bennett only needs to get Hornby and young out of retirement and he's rebuilt the GF winning team. How many players has he taken to Newcastle with him?

How many did he bring to saints when he left the broncos? I think it was only Boyd and emmett. Why is he raiding our team???

Because its easier to pinch our players it seems.

saints4ever

First Grade
Because its easier to pinch our players it seems.

costigan was already there
boyd follows his master
mckinnon wanted to be closer to family as did jeremy smith
cuthbertson wouldnt have got much of a go with us and was brought over to us by bennett anyway.
scott wasnt even offered a matching deal
weyman wasnt even offered a matching deal

pretty simple. they have to go somewhere and it looks like they arent really wanted here. if so, bennett will take them.

he isnt tearing the team apart if he is taking our "scraps"

i dont see the problem tbh

Steelman

Juniors
If the weymen rumour is true then they r letting him go to secure a younger up and coming front rower. I have heard that Matillino is one player the dragons have been looking at. But hey it's just a rumour.

BennyV

Referee
If the weymen rumour is true then they r letting him go to secure a younger up and coming front rower. I have heard that Matillino is one player the dragons have been looking at. But hey it's just a rumour.

Yeah, if Weyman is gone we need some decent go-forward to take his place. Matullino would be perfect!

Twenty10

Juniors
Sure he can find an injury, but so far this season he's made our other props look like amateurs. Weyman single handedly has turned the attitude of our players a couple of times already. With a huge run at 100 miles an hour.. He's lifted the team.

Haven't seem many of the others do this. Besides nighty, Dugan, Morris.
Oh and maybe Friz

Gazzaw

Juniors
I would be disappointed if this were true. I love Weymans no nonsense style, old fashioned up the guts running.
I don't think it's Bennett raiding us, I think it's the players wanting to get out. Price needs to be removed

Gazzaw

Juniors
He is getting on now.... Agree with other posts, big move for the old fella, uprooting family etcetc

Latest posts