What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weyman to the Dragons

The Preacher

First Grade
Proof? Credible link??

On BSB this morning they were talking about this, and fatboy's manager rang in to say there was nothing happening at this point in time.
Which probably means he's signed!!! :shock:

What was it that Piggy Riddell said to him when he was on his way to the sin-bin..."Woohoo........On ya way Fatboy!!!" :lol:

_Johnsy

Referee
if we do sign him, we have just purchased an expensive lemon. Then again I'd consider 100k per year expensive for him

_Johnsy

Referee
A visual perspective of my opinion.

michael_weyman_2.jpg

EQUALS
lada_niva.jpg

Lime_Green

Juniors
Apparently we are in 11th hour negotiations with him.

But according to reports you guys have offered $200K (!!!) and we are unwilling to match that.

watatank

Coach
Canberra prop Michael Weyman appears set to move to St George-Illawarra next season after the Dragons offered him a two-year deal worth a reported $200,000 a season.

The Raiders are making a play at Sydney Roosters prop David Shillington, which if successful will leave Weyman on the outer.

The Raiders have also expressed interest in off-contract Wests Tigers and Country Origin back-rower Chris Heighington.

Weyman is currently serving a seven-match suspension for striking and won't be back in action until round 13.
He has played just 43 NRL games since debuting in 2003 thanks to a string of injuries and suspensions.
So let me get this straight...we have say 200K at least to spend...and instead of looking to proven players such as Heinington and Shillington (who would add so much to our forward pack) we look to go to an injury prone, undisciplined player such as Weyman?

stg666

Juniors
having seen what horse is capable of i would be very interested to see how a bit of bennett magic would work. capable of playing for aust again if things go right.

Steel Dragon

Bench
holy sh!t!!!
Weyman is a uselss waste of potential.

You know the Dragons are only gonna make him a star to see him return to the Raiders in 2-3 years time for twice the money he is worth.
Stoopid Raiders.

Godz Illa

Coach
Money wise $200k is probably the maximum you'd pay for Weyman, but for Heighington and Shillington such a price would be at the lower end of the scale. But Weyman's upside is probably as big as his backside. Was captain of an Australian Schoolboys squad that included Ryan Hoffman, Liam Fulton, Ashton Sims, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Tim Smith, Ben Hannant and Justin Poore. His situation is comparable to Ben Cross, who started with Canberra, had some judiciary problems, played 20 games in 2 years... then was transformed by Craig Bellamy into a topline rep level prop.

I personally think gambling on Weyman is a long long shot, especially if it means we lose Ryles. But I've been repeating this mantra: in Bennett we trust.

Latest posts