What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weyman to the Dragons

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
the more i think about it the more i think he will be SMASHING HIT AT SAINTS, an off season on those sand dunes will do him the world of good

_Johnsy

Referee
if we get weyman for 200k (insert movie style voice slowly dissapearing into the distance........ Nooooooooooo) and offload Ryles for say 350-400, saving 150-200 and getting Noddy at a subsidised price, this may free up enough to secure Barrett

_Johnsy

Referee
I still think Weyman is about as relaible as a lada niva.

At this rate will will have 66% of Coco Pops in 2009.

Have
Snap = Weyman, brain snap expert
'Crack'le = Wendell, crack cocaine expert

Don't have
Pop = ...............awaiting relative of clay.

grandorient

Bench
Weyman is just what we need, a forward with fire in his guts.

Wayne must see something in him and he will tame him down just enough to avoid the judiciary, but still put fear into the opposition.

Bit like a Webbke or Tallis, the mind boggles and the mouth drools.

GrandOrient

steelers82

Juniors
gday, wat a load of s%$t weyman is a useless fat so and so we should be putting our money into keeping Ryles and blokes like Jon Green . has this signing been confirmed by the club?

It seems the majority of dragons fans here believe this is a poor signing....

If this is the case where do we lay the blame? Bennett or current recruitment staff?

I'm not convinced by Weyman but am not prepared to criticise just yet, and I'm not a Noddy fan either. However it's very possible that our first two signings for next season could be Weyman and Kimmorley.........not exactly what I would call shrewd signings following Bennett's influence to the club.

If it were Brown and Doust who signed them, people would be screaming to sack them both....I'm yet to see anyone criticise Bennett for persuing these two players, even though most of us seem in agreeance about having them at the club!

You would have to think that surely any potential signings for 2009 would be run past St Benny for him to cast his eye over before any pen goes to paper.

I agree with you - they look more like "inspired" signings from the dynamic duo Brown/Doust. As opposed to the ones we expect to follow Bennett from the Broncos. Unfortunately the cap is going to stop too many big names coming with him, unless of course a few big names are on their way out.....

_Johnsy

Referee
I am prepared to give whoever we sign, time to prove my initial opinion wrong. TBH that is exactly what Reynoldson has done.

redvscotty

First Grade
To say he is useless and fat is a bit rough, he can;t be too bad if he's being offered 200k a year to play footy!(how much are you getting this season)

Whoever has given the club the nod to gun for him obviously see's something in him to gun for him, plus can you imagine coming up against that mammoth of a bloke and ben hannant/jason ryles under wayne bennett?

Not something I'd be running into.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
The wrap on Weyman and Wicks seems much the same, as does their girth.

We should have kept the younger, just as fat option because at least Wicks' paycheck would have been thinner.

Godz Illa

Coach
Wicks' paycheck even exceeds his girth, I've heard, apparently he's among the top 5 earners at Newcastle. Besides, the true story about him faking an injury last year to be at a mate's wedding gave me a very "good riddance" feeling when he left.

Wobbygong

First Grade
If we get BOTH Weymann and Hannant, with Ryles going I'll cop that.

What I won't cop is Ryles for Weymann alone.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
apperently the bulldogs have dropped of hannant beleiving he will sign the us
i read that in another forum

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Wicks' paycheck even exceeds his girth, I've heard, apparently he's among the top 5 earners at Newcastle. Besides, the true story about him faking an injury last year to be at a mate's wedding gave me a very "good riddance" feeling when he left.

If that's the case I retract my previous statement. If there's any truth to that then Knights fans should be calling for the blood of their board.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
in the jubilee forum its states, moon, boyed, hannant, priddis and Barret all to sigh with the dragons.

Ennis to the bulldogs, 4th club and second contract cut short

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
http://groups.msn.com/WorldofRugbyL...ssage=665345&LastModified=4675671679978204067

THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE SAYING

A contact at the Dogs has told me that they have dropped off him under the belief that he will be signing with us for 3 years.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Sent: 5/05/2008 2:14 PM[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Yep 3 year deal will be here in 09 along with D.boyd . Moon, Priddis , Barrett.........
Saurse. Jake the Muss and forum rumers...
emthup.gif

[/FONT]

Latest posts