What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a game!

*Sandy*

First Grade
Whooaaa!!! I knew it was gonna be good but that was a heart stopper!

I was doing aerobics in the lounge room for the first 20 minutes or so. And then I sat down. :lol:

How good did House go! Awesome, awesome, awesome!

How good did Crossman and Pomeroy step up! I was impressed. DG was rock solid too even Frankie `fimble fingers' Puletua was on his game.

Look out here comes some Preston!

And when you got nothing just look to the sky and call for Gowie! Our God is becoming a master at pulling something special to snag a win.

I knew the side looked good even without the `Huey Lewis and the Hair Bears Band'.

Have to commend the Dragons, they never gave up.

Ahhhhh I love games like this one!!! :D Time to fast forward now and bring on next week!!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
what a game. i was so nervous towards the end because of the dragons last week comeback against manly. bloody great effort by our boys tonight depleted by injury facing our bogey side with their strongest lineup in 2004.

special mentions to craig gower, trent waterhouse, joel clinton, shane rodney, preston campbell.. i'll keep going and end up naming the whole team. priddis was tireless and was absolutely outstanding for us and i still don't know why he is so under-rated.

great effort boys! i'm so happy tonight! our juniors stood up didn't they!? i was so proud of everyones efforts tonight and so glad i got to watch a very exciting game live!

with galuvao back next week and possibly puletua and lewis we are building momentum at the right time of the season which is great.

Dragons Cross

Juniors
Great game and congrats to the Panthers team.

Good luck for the rest of the finals guys and hopefully we can meet you guys again in the GF and do a Melbourne on you.

Anonymous

Juniors
Congrats Panthers.
The 24-0 start after 17 minutes was a sensational start and ultimately enough to set up the result.
Cheers and good luck next week.

mightypanther

Juniors
What a fantastic........but heartstopping at the end............match.

I was one of at least 15,000 VERY VERY PROUD Penrith fans out there tonight.

Gotta give the guys heartfelt congratulations on standing tall and working
their guts out with so many of their team mates on the sidelines.

You deserved the win, that's for sure.

And thanks to Satts for coming out to Penrith and showing your support for
your former, and still loved, team mates. It was great to see you and chat
to you again.

Satts also said that he would be there, to watch the guys go around again
next week, which is really great of him considering he has a charity dinner
on, and he's moving back to the Gold Coast in the next couple of weeks too.

Frank, Tony, Joe, and Luke were all in the player terraces behind the players
bench, giving their mates some very animated and vocal support too. Hope they
can all get back again for next week.

Big Artie

Juniors
Congratulations 2 every player on the field, including the dragons u did ur club and supporters proud. thats why footy is such a great game

Caged Panther

First Grade
the replacement players may not have performed with the same aplomb that we've come to see from our regulars but for those with so few experience they could have really cracked but they stood their ground and carried us through to a win.

Danny Galea take your hat off mate. I had my doubts about you becoming a regular first grader next season but your starting to prove me wrong.

Garret Crossman you've been great in the absence of Ross.

House I may not like you as a person, but I have alot of respect for you as a footballer.

Gowie, brilliant as always.

But most importantly thanks to the crowd. IMO penrith crowds can be somewhat apathetic at times but tonight the crowd stood up and helped to carry the boys home. I think it shows how much the premiership means to not just us diehard footy supporters but the community as a whole.

Lynchie

Juniors
Im a raiders fan but went along to the game last night and I have to say that the atmosphere and the game itself was just incredible!
The crowd was excellent both in numbers and enthusiasm. Congrats!
I know alot of opposition fans who have given your ground announcer a bit of stick in the past but he really does help gee up the crowd and if we had that as part of our home ground advantage I wouldnt be complaining thats for sure.
Anyways your team looks a good chance i reckon to be in contention for a double!

Big Mick

Referee
God Damn.

Pass me a heart starter, it bloody stopped last night.

Crikey.

Best on Ground:

Gower
Waterhouse
Galea
Preston (How good was his defence, particularly when he nailed hornby)

Best players out there.

Pomerey played brilliant, so much defence.

xwizit

Juniors
forget what the haters say.

ANY team, imo, wouldve conceded a LOT of points in that 1st qtr blitz from panthers.

they played fast, agressive, f**k it was :shock:

choc_soldier

Coach
The cardiac kids from 2003 made a re-appearance last night! :lol:

But whoa, WHAT A GAME!

Waterhouse - that was perhaps the most individual dominant performance I have seen from any one forward this year. The kid played to his potential last night, and showed why he has played for Australia.

I honestly thought that 24-0 was way too much for the Dragons. To their credit, they came back and made a real game of it.

Gower, once again showed how invaluable he is to the Panthers.

Our defence didn't fall apart - it's just that the Dragons threw it around, and managed to hit the holes like we did in the first 20 minutes.

Great game... if that's what the finals is going to throw up this year, we're in for a treat in the next few weeks... 8)

Southernsaint

Staff member
Gongrats to the Panfers...

Note to Browny - conceeding 24 unanswered points in 17 minutes is not something you do when playing a quality side like the defending Premiers.

Not even the referee could ruin the spectacle last night, well done to the players from both sides.

Cheers,
Ben S.

PanthersChik

Juniors
I couldnt watch it. I had to get up early this morning and the game started on telly at about 10.00. I was sooooooooo annoyed. VERY VERY HAPPY that we wont though and from what you guys are saying I am sorry i missed it, sounded really good. So who do we play next do you think?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
cowboys are on fire they are playing some good footy and lead the dogs at halftime 18-6. matty bowen, nathan fien, matt sing and luke o'donnell having good games. if cowboys win, we get the week off next week don't we?