What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a great tackle by Beaver!

Iafeta

Referee
Nope, just despise Wayne Pearce's commentary. Thought he was a great player, but most Warriors fans are completely and utterly disgusted with his biased generalisation based condescending commentaries.

He could at least make half an attempt to get the club's name right. Its really not that hard.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
innsaneink said:
Whats with that commentator continually calling "FaumuinaAAAA"

f**kin annoying.

Jason Costigan may have an annoying Australian accent but at least he makes an effort to pronounce the players' names correctly. Most of the Australian based commentary teams prefer to make up their own interpretations of the players' names, get players confused (they all look the same I guess), and make ridiculous racial generalisations. Maybe it says something about the 2 countries.

innsaneink

Referee
Thierry Henry said:
Jason Costigan may have an annoying Australian accent but at least he makes an effort to pronounce the players' names correctly. Most of the Australian based commentary teams prefer to make up their own interpretations of the players' names, get players confused (they all look the same I guess), and make ridiculous racial generalisations. Maybe it says something about the 2 countries.

God....I just wanna know if thats how its pronounced, or if the commentator is bunging it on....simple Q.:roll:

Thought you kiwis were tough, buch of precious prissies if you ask me.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
I haven't noticed Pearce's undertones on the above mentioned topic but he is without doubt the most annoying commentator on the box today.

His problem lies with the fact he thinks he has to speak everytime there's no one else speaking and his constant drone about the abilities of players which if you listen carefully are the same for just about every player.

Good speed, good step, strong, powerful...

How this guy ever coached for as long as he did is beyond me. He can give a wrap though so at least he's good at one thing - pity it is the same wrap (is it wrap or rap?) for every player.

Bout the only Warriors thing i've noticed is he says Worriors all the time...

Iafeta

Referee
simon says said:
What has Pearce said about the Warriors???

Just listen to the bloke commentating on them. He can't say ANY of their names, be they Australian, New Zealander or Pacific Islander, he can't even get the club name right. "Wurriers." He doesn't even try.

Every myth under the sun from 1995 he strings out in endless dribble. If you listened to him, you'd get the impression they've all joined up from the local Samoan Ukelele Choir from Apia who have never played the game before.

Basically, every match is a whinge fest from him about how fat they all are, how cumbersome they all are, how they don't care to try in defence, how every play is hot potato, how they always tire in the hot conditions because it rains every day in New Zealand - bear in mind when he commentates guys like Steve Price etc. suddenly overnight have gone from being outstanding representative players to being lazy lateral defenders without an ounce of intelligence in them.

He's near on racist.

CharlieF said:
Was ruined by an over zealous referee who even had the gaul to put him on report. Nothing illegal in it. The one by Kylie Leului on Steve price was even better. What a bell-ringer. Price had to take a break for the rest of the match after that hit.

how many minutes was leulaui on the field for. u could tell when manly had the ball the set before he was coming off soon.

Iafeta

Referee
Charlie, Pricey played I think close to 70 minutes. I think he had a break circa 60 minute mark and returned with 9 to go along with Ruben Wiki.

He got belted for sure, but as he's done with the Dogs, he keeps coming back for more. On Sunday he more than did his job, bending the line back on a few occasions. Him and Faumuina were both outstanding in a well beaten team.

CharlieF

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
how many minutes was leulaui on the field for. u could tell when manly had the ball the set before he was coming off soon.
Minogue is never used as a full time player. I reckon he would probably last the full 80 minutes, but his impact would be blunted well before half time. I meant no disrespect to Price at all, but he did go off about 20 seconds after that tackle. Anyway 2 of the biggest hits of the game came from Kiwis, unfortunetly they were playing for Manly.:)

CharlieF

Juniors
Iafeta said:
Charlie, Pricey played I think close to 70 minutes. I think he had a break circa 60 minute mark and returned with 9 to go along with Ruben Wiki.

He got belted for sure, but as he's done with the Dogs, he keeps coming back for more. On Sunday he more than did his job, bending the line back on a few occasions. Him and Faumuina were both outstanding in a well beaten team.
Faumuina was your danger man. Luckily manly worked this out early on and did their best to dampen his aggressive running style. He is definetly a handful and it will be good to see him in the Kiwi test team doing his best to terrorise the Aussies.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm not sure he'll be playing for the Kiwis. He turned the jumper down last year, and given how Brian McClennan approached the Kiwis in terms of inspiring and motivating loyalty. I don't think Sione's decision to pass the jersey up for a chance to grab a few bucks in the ESL finals really went down all that well.

Bowhunter

Juniors
What's gotten in to Beaver of late? He's always been a "chop 'em down" kind of defender. I've never seen him look to...well...look to smash the living sh*t out of someone before.
And against the cowboys he got binned for mouthing off. Very uncharacteristic of him.

Bowhunter said:
What's gotten in to Beaver of late? He's always been a "chop 'em down" kind of defender. I've never seen him look to...well...look to smash the living sh*t out of someone before.
And against the cowboys he got binned for mouthing off. Very uncharacteristic of him.
He's always had that bit of aggressiveness in his game, I remember against the Raiders at Brookie last season he put Jason Smith on his back twice, Smith had to leave the field after the second shot if I recall.
And apparently all he said in the Cowboys game this year to be sin binned was "You're having a good game mate" to the ref. It was a tight game, things weren't going our way, many players in that situation get frustrated and blurt things out.
Anyway I'm loving the way Beaver is playing, for a true veteran he seems so fresh, here's to the Beaver continuing this great form and earning another sky blue.

Cletus

First Grade
Where Eagles Dare said:
He's always had that bit of aggressiveness in his game, I remember against the Raiders at Brookie last season he put Jason Smith on his back twice, Smith had to leave the field after the second shot if I recall.
And apparently all he said in the Cowboys game this year to be sin binned was "You're having a good game mate" to the ref. It was a tight game, things weren't going our way, many players in that situation get frustrated and blurt things out.
Anyway I'm loving the way Beaver is playing, for a true veteran he seems so fresh, here's to the Beaver continuing this great form and earning another sky blue.

He's always done the big hits, he just does it once or twice a match rather than every tackle. And I didn't believe it when someone said it on here but what Beaver said to Simpkins was "you're having a great game sir". Sir? Ten in the bin for that:shock: . NRL scoreboard played the audio.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
You Kiwis have no right to criticise any commentator when you have a few of the most stupidest, bias and ugly looking commentators in the history of professional football. "The Pill" -- there is a little black one I wish they would take.

innsaneink

Referee
Iafeta said:
Just listen to the bloke commentating on them. He can't say ANY of their names, be they Australian, New Zealander or Pacific Islander, he can't even get the club name right. "Wurriers." He doesn't even try.

Every myth under the sun from 1995 he strings out in endless dribble. If you listened to him, you'd get the impression they've all joined up from the local Samoan Ukelele Choir from Apia who have never played the game before.

Basically, every match is a whinge fest from him about how fat they all are, how cumbersome they all are, how they don't care to try in defence, how every play is hot potato, how they always tire in the hot conditions because it rains every day in New Zealand - bear in mind when he commentates guys like Steve Price etc. suddenly overnight have gone from being outstanding representative players to being lazy lateral defenders without an ounce of intelligence in them.

He's near on racist.

Wow! Sure you didnt miss anything?:lol:

Most warriors fans...or just you...I only see you bitching about him, and only because brought up commentators.

Near on racist.....is that like nearly pregnant?

Ive never gotten any ukelele impressions, but then again I dont take too much notice of the commentators, Im sure if he was racist he wouldnt be on TV.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
CliffyIsGod said:
You Kiwis have no right to criticise any commentator when you have a few of the most stupidest, bias and ugly looking commentators in the history of professional football. "The Pill" -- there is a little black one I wish they would take.

Every Australian commentary team is more biased than ours when the Warriors are playing. At least our sh*t commentators are a) enthusiastic, and b) have some knowledge of the opposition.

Iafeta

Referee
innsaneink said:
Wow! Sure you didnt miss anything?:lol:

Most warriors fans...or just you...I only see you bitching about him, and only because brought up commentators.

Near on racist.....is that like nearly pregnant?

Ive never gotten any ukelele impressions, but then again I dont take too much notice of the commentators, Im sure if he was racist he wouldnt be on TV.

There was a bit of discussion on NZwarriors.com, a bit in the NZWarriors forum on here too.

He wouldn't frustrate me so much if he A: Got the club name right, its not hard, really B: At least tried with the proununciations of the names, granted they're not sitting duck easy ones but with an effort you can get them, particularly the experienced players, 11 year players he makes no effort on.

Meh, for such a great game, we have a pretty sh!tty group of commentators. Laurie Daley and Warren Smith are made to look like genius' in the light of Costigan, Ropo and Mad Dog Halligan, Pearce, Hadley and a few others.

Iafeta

Referee
Thierry Henry said:
Every Australian commentary team is more biased than ours when the Warriors are playing. At least our sh*t commentators are a) enthusiastic, and b) have some knowledge of the opposition.

:lol: Even we have to admit they're sh!thouse mate. Tea Ropati used to call the Tigers the Western Sydney Tigers... :shock:

Latest posts