What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a great tackle by Beaver!

CharlieF

Juniors
Iafeta, Just trying to get an opinion from all the posters here. It looks like at worst 1-2 weeks, but probably let off because of his good record. Beaver is a tough player but he is by no means a dirty player.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Iafeta

tylor-glasses.jpg

Iafeta

Referee
CharlieF said:
Iafeta, Just trying to get an opinion from all the posters here. It looks like at worst 1-2 weeks, but probably let off because of his good record. Beaver is a tough player but he is by no means a dirty player.

He won't be suspended for it. Grade 1-2 at worst, if its graded, he'll be available for the next week.

Agree he's a tough, and good player. Sensational backrow Manly have. He'll be unlucky if he's not in the sky blue jumper this year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great hit but no different to Morley's (except Morley's was even better!) and so he should get the same charge and punishment. I woory for our game when good hits, nothing arms round the tackled players head, slight push in the face etc are all considerd illegal.

Scott

Bench
Parra Guru said:
Go the Beaver, so under-rated and the only likeable Manly player going around ;-)

I agree, but it is hard not to like Steve Bell and Brett Stewart. Great players to watch.

The tackle was ok - rightly put on report though considering the rule change. It would be embarrasing if he was charged over it though.

innsaneink

Referee
Didnt see it till layte last nite...nothing wrong with it imo...a good hard shoulder charge.

Ive changed my opinion on the the high shot rule, some penalties are just embarrassing, I know its hard to draw a line where a high shot is high and dangerous or high and ok, and some are high and OK, some slip up...but I agree its softening our game and I dont like it.
I like that it probably make young league palyers mums happy, its good for junior numbers etc....but in the senior game its embarrasing. Too many, and penalising them wont stop it occuring if thats what they think

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The precedent has been set by the Morley tackle, there was contact woth the head, therefore the charges WILL stick. However as Morley got two weeks with a record longer than my arm, Beaver should get off with week at most. Personally I think the tackle was worth a penalty but little more than that, however I agree with the others that the tackles on Wiki and Price by Beaver and Ms Minogue were better tackles. I was cheering for those ones even though it was our blokes getting smashed.

ozbash

Referee
menzies escapes.
if it was betham or faumuina the book would have been thrown at them.

get the nrl out of sydney !

JJ

Immortal
I haven't studied it, but thought it was a good hit... so am happy Menzies has not been charged. Should never have been on report, but the decision to report Perenara for his hit on Gower was worse. If this keeps happening, players will start faking injuries as a penalty and reporting is almost guaranteed.

For the record, Menzies' hit was great, but what about the shot Leuluai (sp?) put on Price????

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'm happy enough with the decision not to charge Beaver, but Adrian Morley would feel a little put out right now.

chileman

Coach
JJ said:
I haven't studied it, but thought it was a good hit... so am happy Menzies has not been charged. Should never have been on report, but the decision to report Perenara for his hit on Gower was worse. If this keeps happening, players will start faking injuries as a penalty and reporting is almost guaranteed.

For the record, Menzies' hit was great, but what about the shot Leuluai (sp?) put on Price????
Kylies hit on Price was a classic....I liked how Faumiuna tapped his shoulder and said good tackle to Mattai after his try saving tackel!
I'm relieved to see Beaver get off, there is no way he'd intentionally hit another player in the head (ok Roosters fans might say the same about Morley but this is Beaver we are talking about)!

Perenara being put on report for his hit on Gower :roll: :oops:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
chileman said:
Kylies hit on Price was a classic....I liked how Faumiuna tapped his shoulder and said good tackle to Mattai after his try saving tackel!

That was good to see, he fired up at Beaver for the hit on Ah Van but that was just a case of protecting a rookie player I reckon.

chileman

Coach
SpaceMonkey said:
That was good to see, he fired up at Beaver for the hit on Ah Van but that was just a case of protecting a rookie player I reckon.
Lol, he gave Beaver a bit of a head slap, Beavs probably didn't even feel it with his head gear on, he just has to keep his snoz outta the way ;-) just glad Faumuina didn't do the same to Kylie who seems to have a bit less patience with people taking a dig at him...and would probably have flattened Fau :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
chileman said:
I'm relieved to see Beaver get off, there is no way he'd intentionally hit another player in the head (ok Roosters fans might say the same about Morley but this is Beaver we are talking about)!

Perenara being put on report for his hit on Gower :roll: :oops:

I agree, Beaver wouldn't hit anyone in the head intentionally. He's one of the most underrated, and consistently outstanding players of his generation - he should have more Origins/Tests to his name.

I'll have a closer look at the tackle when I get around to it, I thought it was contact with the head. If it was, it still begs the question on consistency at the judiciary, something we've all been wondering about since the judiciary came into force though. Good luck to him, it'd probably be a shame to see a good name like his tarnished by a judiciary appearance nonetheless.

Iafeta

Referee
Just about as bad as Wayne "I couldn't pronounce a non European Kiwis name if I tried, nor the club team name, and I'll trot out every near on racist insinuation I can about their culture and people" Pearce.

Latest posts