What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a great tackle by Beaver!

JoeD

First Grade
I agree with Iafeta on how biased Wayne Pearce is against the warriors.

innsaneink

Referee
Iafeta said:
There was a bit of discussion on NZwarriors.com, a bit in the NZWarriors forum on here too.

He wouldn't frustrate me so much if he A: Got the club name right, its not hard, really B: At least tried with the proununciations of the names, granted they're not sitting duck easy ones but with an effort you can get them, particularly the experienced players, 11 year players he makes no effort on.

Meh, for such a great game, we have a pretty sh!tty group of commentators. Laurie Daley and Warren Smith are made to look like genius' in the light of Costigan, Ropo and Mad Dog Halligan, Pearce, Hadley and a few others.

Mate....he stumbles over the simplest of words in the english language, I doubt its a kiwi thing.

Bowhunter

Juniors
Where Eagles Dare said:
He's always had that bit of aggressiveness in his game, I remember against the Raiders at Brookie last season he put Jason Smith on his back twice, Smith had to leave the field after the second shot if I recall.
And apparently all he said in the Cowboys game this year to be sin binned was "You're having a good game mate" to the ref. It was a tight game, things weren't going our way, many players in that situation get frustrated and blurt things out.
Anyway I'm loving the way Beaver is playing, for a true veteran he seems so fresh, here's to the Beaver continuing this great form and earning another sky blue.

I'm loving it too, but I'm tellin' ya, there's a bit of agro in him this season like he hasn't had before. I remember that hit on Smith, and that was just a good hard pressure charge on the kicker. Smith wasn't ready for it, which made it twice as effective, and his aging rib cage just couldn't hold up to it. But the hit on Ah Van had mongrel in it. He's always been a punishing defender, but now he's putting Leuluai-type venom into his hits.
And as for that backchat. Beaver is well known as one of the nicest blokes in the game. In 12 years of footy, I've not heard of him saying anything negative to anyone. For an ordinary bloke it was understandable, but not for the Beav.

CharlieF said:
Minogue is never used as a full time player. I reckon he would probably last the full 80 minutes, but his impact would be blunted well before half time. I meant no disrespect to Price at all, but he did go off about 20 seconds after that tackle. Anyway 2 of the biggest hits of the game came from Kiwis, unfortunetly they were playing for Manly.:)

sorry i did mean to say pricey nor leulaui. if you saw price in the d-line before that set u knew he was coming off.

innsaneink said:
Wow! Sure you didnt miss anything?:lol:

Most warriors fans...or just you...I only see you bitching about him, and only because brought up commentators.

Near on racist.....is that like nearly pregnant?

Ive never gotten any ukelele impressions, but then again I dont take too much notice of the commentators, Im sure if he was racist he wouldnt be on TV.

listen to the games when he is commentating the warriors. hes just aweful.

Latest posts