What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What about Grothe at Centre?

yy_cheng

Coach
Grothe played inside Benny a few times on the weekend but defended at winger.

Could JT be planning to use him closer in and shift him to centre ala Tahu's shift?

WHY?

GOAL KICKING !!

With Delaney gone, we will struggle when Riddell is off. The GK had no bearing on the game against the knights but in future games, we could lose close matches do to GK.

The 2pts is a third of a converted try and can give you a psychological advantage too.

Therefore, we have to look at dropping O'Dwyer as much as I like him there working with Widders.

My lineup would be:

1. Wade
2. Williams/Burt GK
3. Grothe
4. Benny
5. Hayne

Grothe on the right hand side with Widders inside him. It means widders will do the ball playing and grothe running off him straight and hard like O'Dwyer.

Benny and Hayne I reckon will be a big hit too, with Benny's power runs and slipping the ball to a tap dancing Hayne should be a great combo.

COMMENTS??

number8

Juniors
Sounds fine by me. It's not what I'd have picked but I wouldn't have any problem with that. It's a good looking lineup.

I don't care what anyone says we have a great roster & sh*tloads of quality options/configurations we can toy with. That includes the forwards as well (all the forwards).

I remember a Rugby League week many many years ago where Dad was wanting a crack in the centres as well. I think he'd have been great there too.

Jr would more than handle it but he'd need his wing partner to hang back a little more than the average because Jr lives for the impact. I think he'd play more an offloading centre role than a playing the numbers passing game. As long as the were in the same groove It would work a treat........ For a while.

Hurriflatch

Referee
With Tahu gone it's a good idea but then again O'Dwyer has done nothing wrong

maybe trying someone other then Morris when Piggy is off is an idea

PJ
Morro
and Hayne

have all kicked goals.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah I know Jake but blooding a newbie and giving him the GK responsibility might be too much. Williams has played and is quite solid.

Oh I wish Jarryd could kick goals better. JT PLEASE TEACH HIM !!!

If he did, I could see

Parra - Hayne
Knights - Joey
Parra - JT
Parra - Crow

quite easily

yy_cheng said:
Yeah I know Jake but blooding a newbie and giving him the GK responsibility might be too much. Williams has played and is quite solid.

Oh I wish Jarryd could kick goals better. JT PLEASE TEACH HIM !!!

If he did, I could see

Parra - Hayne
Knights - Joey
Parra - JT
Parra - Crow

quite easily

nah he will handle it..... this newbie will run rings around the opposition. trust me.

the_eel

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
nah he will handle it..... this newbie will run rings around the opposition. trust me.

So Jake are you saying that Inu is gonna be better than Hayne??

The Colonel

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
With Tahu gone it's a good idea but then again O'Dwyer has done nothing wrong

maybe trying someone other then Morris when Piggy is off is an idea

PJ
Morro
and Hayne

have all kicked goals.

As has McKinnon in his time at Souths.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Johns was a shyte goalkicker when he 1st came into the top grade and even as recently as 2000 he wasn't that good then he got lessons from Halligan and shot up in his success rate.

Warren Ryan when he was coach at the Knights used to say to Johns

Ryan: "What do Taxi's run on"
Joey: "LPG?"
Ryan: "Yeah, Low percentage goalkicking"

the_eel said:
So Jake are you saying that Inu is gonna be better than Hayne??

They have the same talent & potential.

I'm saying that INU will be a better 3/4 than Lyon and Tonga from what I have seen over the years.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Hayne at 5/8 he setup Sloppsy's 1st try with a great kick

Or just have a team pf players who have played wing/centre at some point in their careers

1. Luke Burt
2. Krisnan Inu
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. John Williams
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Eric Grothe
13. Brett Delaney
12. Joel Reddy
11. Daniel Wagon
10. Michael Vella
8. Weller Hauraki

15. Jack Afamasaga

eelusion

Juniors
What about Greeny?? :?
If he is due to make his debut im sure he would take up the opportunity to kick.

Hurriflatch

Referee
not sure about making a debutant the goalkicker but if he does play he'd be the best goalkicker out there even if Riddell is on the park

Latest posts