What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the chances: Roosters & the Spoon?

Rammo

Juniors
robyalvaro said:
:D i wish the Rabbitohs would finish higher than the Roosters this season.... Just to see the looks on both Anasta's and Harrison's faces....

quite possible that happening, considering they are playing each other, I will be tipping Souths in that one.

Snappy Tom

Juniors
The original post was a question about the Roosters and the chances of getting the spoon in 2005, plus asking for people’s opinions.

I feel it was the guy who has caused Kleenex shares to skyrocket and his mate Fairfax who have highjacked this thread.

Kleenex boy, Fairfax maybe you should leave this thread alone and start your own thread on Rooster Bashing and the 2001 Parramatta Eels and let the fans discuss their thought on the 2005 spoon contenders.

~knights~

Juniors
robyalvaro said:
:D i wish the Rabbitohs would finish higher than the Roosters this season.... Just to see the looks on both Anasta's and Harrison's faces....

:lol: :lol:

hmmm and what was anasta laughing at @ the sths game????

they showed it on the sunday roast today???

Big Mick

Referee
LRC said:
So today there playing list contained guys like Soliola, Shubert,Le Strange,Shillington ,Pae,Pae... thats 6 guys none of you have heard of...yet the dogs are allowed to use the injury excuse... I cant recall having a full team for most the season ..
The pantrhers today had most their Gf winning squad yet still struggled to beat this team of youngsters. (5 tries each remember)
one good season does not make a great coach... one bad doesnt make a bad coach...to judge stuart upon this year would be ridiculous....whats Folkes story...he has a fulll team now and still loses...he has still had a good complient of players all year besides the a couple of major injuries.

The roosters will hit back over the next year or so ..unlike most clubs who struggle to have one good year and fail to back it up...Stuart has got a Gf win and backed it up with solid performances week in and out for the next 2 years ... I havent seen any team put it together this year like the roosters have over the last couple.

Schubert, Soliola and Le Strange have played a lot, if not most of this season. The Paea's also have experience.

Most of our Grand Final team?......We lost our four best leaders since that time, one this season to long term injury and the other 3 previously.

We also lost Wesser after 20 minutes today, meaning we played with 16 men, and 2 backrowers playing centre and wing.

The only reason u scored 2 tries in 5 minutes was at the aid of about 4 penalties in a row.

With Wesser today we might have put more points on you as he looked to be getting pretty dangerous.

So don't use that excuse that u had young guys when all have had first grade experience.

Snappy Tom

Juniors
~knights~ said:
:lol: :lol:

hmmm and what was anasta laughing at @ the sths game????

they showed it on the sunday roast today???

Do you think that "blowing kisses" will on the training agenda in 2006 for Anasta?

Pigskin

Juniors
some LU Roosters fans who are always throwing the first stones don't seem to have found this thread yet ... perhaps just an oversight :lol:

Oink !

Big Mick

Referee
Renowned League Expert said:
Another thing oddly absent from the forum is Rooster bashing. Which just goes to show it WAS jealousy all along.

I've kept track and Rooster bashing threads are DOWN by more than 30% on last season, and a whopping 41%! down on 2003.

In the corresponding round last year, there were no less than 14 Rooster bashing threads on the first page of the forum!

You want to know the real reason?

The REAL reason is not because of jealousy

The real reason is that your idiot supports like Rooster Cockburn and Melon to a lessor extent are not boasting and talking up your team.

Thats the difference.

If noone talks up then noone has a reason to hate. Its simple really.

Big Bunny

Juniors
Another thing oddly absent from the forum is Rooster bashing. Which just goes to show it WAS jealousy all along.

I've kept track and Rooster bashing threads are DOWN by more than 30% on last season, and a whopping 41%! down on 2003.

In the corresponding round last year, there were no less than 14 Rooster bashing threads on the first page of the forum!

That has to be the saddest thing I've ever read. I don't post in regard to the Roosters at all and haven't done so for a number of years but that comment of yours was hard to ignore. It really goes to show the mindset that your lot has created.

Just look at what you wrote. You've just admitted to taking note on every thread in regard to your team for the last 3 seasons, all for what.. so you could write that one post? That's either bloody sad, anorak like behaviour or a blatant idiotic lie.

Most people don't give a damn about teams other than their own. Jealousy is a minor factor if not an absent issue for most fans. The simple fact is that your club's online fanbase is full of arguementive, seige minded cretins and most arguements on this forum and in general have started when people have reacted to posts like your own. Why are you ignorant to the fact that the declining number of threads bagging your club corresponds roughly to the notable silence by well known drama queens and those who thrive on being victimised like yourself, melon, Cogburn and any other number of mentally unstable malcontents?

People can't win when it comes to your lot; you complain when you're talked about and then you complain when you're ignored. Whilst not all Rooster fans are so idiotic, many of you have created a siege mentality where the world is against you, when really most of us couldn't care less except to say we're not fond of your psychosis and raving dribble.

So go on, slink back off into the shadows and return to abusing your own clubs fans on the wall forum, it's what your lot of drama queens are best at.

Eels Dude

Coach

I wonder why that is. Perhaps it is because there are no longer an endless amount of arrogant Roosters supporters starting threads which demand a Rooster bashing reply.

Forget jealousy, try retaliation.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Personally any involvment in roosters bashing threads from myself has come about from arogant statements like "Penrith fluked the 2003 grand final."

With your team performing so poorly it's hard to make statements like that hence less Rooster bashing threads.

Big Bunny said:
That has to be the saddest thing I've ever read. I don't post in regard to the Roosters at all and haven't done so for a number of years but that comment of yours was hard to ignore. It really goes to show the mindset that your lot has created.

Just look at what you wrote. You've just admitted to taking note on every thread in regard to your team for the last 3 seasons, all for what.. so you could write that one post? That's either bloody sad, anorak like behaviour or a blatant idiotic lie.

Most people don't give a damn about teams other than their own. Jealousy is a minor factor if not an absent issue for most fans. The simple fact is that your club's online fanbase is full of arguementive, seige minded cretins and most arguements on this forum and in general have started when people have reacted to posts like your own. Why are you ignorant to the fact that the declining number of threads bagging your club corresponds roughly to the notable silence by well known drama queens and those who thrive on being victimised like yourself, melon, Cogburn and any other number of mentally unstable malcontents?

People can't win when it comes to your lot; you complain when you're talked about and then you complain when you're ignored. Whilst not all Rooster fans are so idiotic, many of you have created a siege mentality where the world is against you, when really most of us couldn't care less except to say we're not fond of your psychosis and raving dribble.

So go on, slink back off into the shadows and return to abusing your own clubs fans on the wall forum, it's what your lot of drama queens are best at.

Who's complaining about the lack of bashing? I simply pointed out that the animosity towards a team is nearly always in direct proportion to the success it's having, rather than in any inherent flaws in that same team. So for all the talk about Roosters juniors, crowds, Gould, money, etc, etc., it really has nothing to do with that. It has to do with success. This year, now that the Roosters are no longer a threat, the criticism has dropped way off, as evidenced by the threads on this very forum.

I don't think jealousy is a "minor factor" -- it's a HUGE factor. We saw it in the 60s with St George, Manly in the 70s and 90s, and Brisbane since they entered the competition.

I don't recall Melon or Rooster Cogburn starting any Rooster bashing threads.

Nobody need slink away. You're getting way too strident. Take a deep breath and calm down.

Eels Dude

Coach
This year, now that the Roosters are no longer a threat, the criticism has dropped way off, as evidenced by the threads on this very forum.

I don't think jealousy is a "minor factor" -- it's a HUGE factor. We saw it in the 60s with St George, Manly in the 70s and 90s, and Brisbane since they entered the competition.

You're missing the point. The criticism has dropped off only because there are no longer any arrogant supporters talking them up. If these members like Cogburn etc were on here doing their usual rambling rubbish the Rooster bashing would continue, regardless of their poor recent performances.

Fibroman

First Grade
I will continue to bash them, unless they actually get the spoon, and then I might ease up on them for a while.

I haven't bagged them much this year because, well, I try not to bag teams that I feel sorry for.....

Don't give up you Rooster supporters, I just had a look through the draw and you could beat.... nah, not them, or maybe you could beat... that's a tough one too....

ok, you're f**ked.

Choppies

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I haven't bagged them much this year because, well, I try not to bag teams that I feel sorry for.....

Don't give up you Rooster supporters, I just had a look through the draw and you could beat.... nah, not them, or maybe you could beat... that's a tough one too....

ok, you're f**ked.

Thank you for your honesty EA. It helps in this our darkest hour this year and there have been plenty of them. :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
If Brett Finch continues to have blinders like today, the spoon will be heading to Bondi. He certainly gave his outside backs a workout today - they must have thought they were running the other way, the amount of times they had to go backwards to get a wayward pass.

Hurriflatch said:
1. Eels 38 +193
2. Broncos 38 +184
3. Wests Tigers 34 +69
4. Dragons 32 +126
5. Storm 30 +164
6. Cowboys 30 +77
7. Sea Eagles 30 -10
8. Sharks 28 -48
9. Bulldogs 25 -66
10. Rabbitohs 25 -184
11. Raiders 24 -97
12. Warriors 22 -11
13. Panthers 22 -46
14. Knights 22 -224
15. Roosters 20 -127

Mate,

I hope you are right :)

Misty Bee

First Grade
Rammo said:
It is unbelievable that they are in this position, look at their playing list, I guess that says more about their coach than anything else.

How's Canterbury doing this season?

Pantherjim.

Referee

I'm totally amazed you are anal and sad enough to keep actual statistics on Rooster bashing threads! :lol:

But do you know why Rooster Bashing threads are "down by a whopping 41% on 2003" League Fraud?? As Big Mick has said, it's because idiots like yourself, Cockburn and Melon are not starting stupid threads talking up your team at the expense of other teams like you all were in 03' and 04' Saying idiotic things such as "Penrith Fluked the premiership in 2003", making derogatory comments about other clubs and their supporters, just to try and boost the image of your own club has backfired on the trio of you miserably! :badgrin: People tend to "not like that" in case I haven't penetrated through that thick skull of yours yet!

Now that your passionless overpaid team are licking their wounds two points above us in 4th last (Oh look, - an aberration perhaps?:lol: ) - without that incredible Penrith lad that made you all famous, Most of the indecent Chooks fans like yourself, Cockburn and Melon have nothing to gloat about anymore and instead, skulk about in the holes that you all come from. Only to show yourselves when threads like this appear! :lol:

Pantherjim.