What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you most looking forward too?

MSKnight

Juniors
Evening All,

Quick Question... what are you guys all looking forward to the most in 2008.

Is it the halves combination having a full year?
The forward pack under Danny Buderus?
The backline performance, if it will stand up?
The signings?
Coach's future at the Knights
Crowds at Games

What are the main things you cant wait to see in 2008?

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
all of the above! RABK said it somewhere, it's a very exciting time to be a knights fan. 2008 is a new begining.

keeney

First Grade
Just seeing the team that's been assembled and the work that's been put into em. I'd really like to see if Smith has done the right thing the whole way through, developed the players that he chose to suit. There is a fair amount of talent that could go either way, plus a sheer weight of numbers we haven't seen ever. It's looking to be an interesting season.

roopy

Referee
Our squad will be big, young and athletic.
I think it's fair to say we will rely heavily on Bedsy, Kidley, Simmo and maybe Cross and Hilder for experience - but the influence of that guy named Smith will make a big difference in a squad full of young guys too.
He showed last year that if he can get a half decent team on the paddock he can give them a winning gameplan, and the young guys running out with a clear plan will make up for a lot of lack of experience.

The individual i am most looking forward to seeing is a blast from the past, Kidley.
Having seen him playing fullback behind a really slick side, Australia, it reminded me how good he looked when given a free hand behind a good side at Newcastle last year. I can see him being our star in just about every game and i can see him giving Bedsy a rest, being our most consistant playmaker and our best attacking weapon. A big year from Rover - a big year from Bedsy - and three or four forwards pulling their weight and we are contenders next year.

Serc

First Grade
Forward pack under Buderus, and Kidley back at 100% fitness behind a good team.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Really looking forward to seeing Simmo have a year where he can go back to running wide off the halves. His devastating when he has the freedom to do that he just hasn't been able to do it because of injuries the past few years. And also Wes Naiqama having a full year hopefully along with Cooper Vuna. I want the excitement back.

Vanu getting some ball
The forwards carting it up with some authority
And our defense improving so much.
The return of Mullen to put in some lllloooonnnnngggggggg kicks

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The thing that I am most looking forward to would be seeing this team grow into an incredibly competitive team. There's no doubt in my mind there is plenty of talent in our stocks, but as has been mentioned, the thing which may hurt us is lack of experience. And hopefully, bumper crowds returning back to EAS.

Also, the halves combination of Mullen/Walsh with a full off-season under their belts, which at times will be under the watchful eye of one A.Johns. We're going into unchartered territory and I for one, am excited to see what happens.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Got to agree with what some have said about seeing a good Newie pack again. Ben Cross bashing skulls, Cory Patterson and Steve Simpson making big metres out wide, Zeb Taia and Jesse Royal offloading in traffic, and Bedsy scheming up the middle.

Then you've got Kurt skulking around waiting for an offload, Mullen and Walsh bamboozling defence with their developing skills, and the likes of Vuna and Naiqama monstering people out wide.

Super Sub

Juniors
It was amazing to see what Gidley was able to achieve in quite a losing team in 2007, so I am really looking forward to seeing what he gets up to in a winning team for 2008. That is going to be the biggest thing I'll be watching.

Mullen and Walsh hopefully getting a full season together in the halves after a full pre-season is also going to be great to watch too.

Plus Sargent and Cross in the front row is going to be awesome!

Belly07

Juniors
Knights007 said:
Evening All,

Quick Question... what are you guys all looking forward to the most in 2008.

Is it the halves combination having a full year?
The forward pack under Danny Buderus?
The backline performance, if it will stand up?
The signings?
Coach's future at the Knights
Crowds at Games

What are the main things you cant wait to see in 2008?

More than anything, I'd like to see some Defensive Resolve within the team!!!

AdamT

Juniors
Im looking forward to people finally finding out the truth about the 2003 salary cap allegations and investigations that the NRL and Knights seem to have covered up for years since 2000.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Belly07 said:

I'll second that, i'd like to finish +100 in the for/against area, that means a 400 point turn around. Big ask for a new team but we need to learn how to defend one day.

macavity

Referee
Belly07 said:

apparently Rick Stone is moving over to FT defensive coach

the man is mad as a cut snake - I reckon we are going to have alot of starch in us - and a fair few penalties too.