What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your favourite rugby league images ?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Always loved this one. All technique instead of just brute power
D7-A5-DDE5-1616-4662-B481-855-A10-F8-ECC5.gif

p-74-01.jpg

093740-ray-price.jpg

What a warrior Ray Price was

Quick story on Ray Price..

Team mate of mine in our cricket club I manage used to play for Wakefield Trinity at the same time Ray Price did. My team mate is a hard-as-nails type of bloke who played lower grades here and OS with a lot of guys who went onto play top flight - in undoubtedly a very tough era.

He says without hesitation Ray Price was by far the toughest footballer he's ever seen. He tells the example that in Wakefield they had a big training session in the dead of freezing winter one night, and at the end all the squad were instructed to carry tackling bags on their shoulders around the oval for a number of laps.. And no-one could leave the finish line until all the squad had finished.

Price finished first by a country mile. Most finished completely buggered but there were a couple of guys who had stopped, one who collapsed in exhaustion - remembering these are the days when there weren't a lot of full time professional footballers.

Price ran over, picked up the bloke on the ground - somehow got him to hold onto the bag, and carried him the remainder of the way to the finish on his shoulders. The others did make it on their own steam eventually after seeing what Price did. "We started as a team, we finish as a team"