What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedVDave

First Grade
50324919;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

Serj Tankian - Elect The Dead

Big Pete

Referee
Funeral-Arcade_Fire_480.jpg

Arcade Fire - Funeral - Classic Alt. Rock album. Arguably the best album of 00 and celebrated for singles such as Wake Up & Rebellion (Lies) but I really enjoyed Neighbourhood (Laika) on my latest listen through.

home_23_690077013.jpg

Big Scary - Vacation - Australian Alt. Rock album. Bit of fluff and doesn't hit too many big highs but enough variety to remain interesting. Gladiator brought me to the band but Falling Away stood out to me on my first play through.

40e750e07c884d4486d39183eedc0315.jpg

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bands. I've been getting into Garage Rock lately listening to bands such as The Kills, Dead Weather, MC5, The Sonics etc. which gave me the perfect excuse to branch out to Karen O's little ol' band. I've experienced the YYY's back in '09 and while the effort was solid I was left a little underwhelmed after all the hype but thankfully this album holds up. Turn Into was the star of the last listen through.

images

Interpol - Antics. Eh, y'know I used to really like this band but after the first two songs I felt like I had my fill and the rest of the album didn't convince me to change my mind. They seem to only have two songs, slow and sad or fast and sad and Banks' voice can really grate after awhile. Some really decent lines on here and a couple of decent tracks but as a album I didn't think it came together all too well, at least not on this listen.

Not a CD, but Aurora have a show on Saturday nights that I IQ and it plays awesome oldies.

Last Saturday it was;

Bobby Vee - The Night has a Thousand Eyes
Roy Orbison - Pretty Woman
Brian Ferry - Let's stick together
Bachmann Tuner Overdrive - You aint seen nothing yet
Plus a few others.

and one I'd almost forgotten about, f**king great song;

Spectrum - I'll be Gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XKIfCSqmVM

natheel

Coach
once in a while i listen to an album that isn't usually what i'd listen too tonight i listened to Fun's album Some Nights. good album.

Fun_-_Some_Nights_album_cover.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts