What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bear

Referee
220px-Rise_Against_Siren_Song_of_the_Counter_Culture.jpg

cracker of an album

beave

Coach
machinehead-locust (or whatever the f**ks it called)

it was shithouse when it came out and it's still shithouse now..................

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I'm also incredibly pro mr precision so the unravelling is ahead of it for me. Revolutions is untouchable and for me there best by a distance. Chris chasse guitar weakened the band IMO. Should've stuck with Todd after precision went.

First Australian tour at Annandale hotel is still my #1 gig.

Back on topic

Casey Jones - I hope we're not the last.
Title Fight - The last thing you forget

Cliffhanger

Coach
The Unravelling & RPM are their best efforts for mine, Siren Song & Suffer/Witness are okay but since then have not been as good IMO.

Revolutions and The Unravelling had songs that were better individually but Siren Songs of the Counter Culture doesn't have a single track which isn't really great, Revolutions and The Unravelling have a few average tracks.

Sufferer and the Witness had a few really shit tracks, Roadside is an awful song. Appeal to Reason for mine didn't have the edge that Rise Against albums used to have, Saviour is the shittiest rise against song to date imo.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Their sound has suffered sue to guitar changes. Best 2 guitarists were on the first 2 albums. Agreed on roadside. just terrible. Siren song sounded way way to clean. No power in the riffs and joey's bass sound was tame as well.

Still it's better than the newer crap

adamkungl

Immortal
Revolutions and The Unravelling had songs that were better individually but Siren Songs of the Counter Culture doesn't have a single track which isn't really great, Revolutions and The Unravelling have a few average tracks.

Sufferer and the Witness had a few really shit tracks, Roadside is an awful song. Appeal to Reason for mine didn't have the edge that Rise Against albums used to have, Saviour is the shittiest rise against song to date imo.

Haha I love Savior, one of my favourite songs. Mind you, I'm not a huge RA fanatic in any sense, but they are one of my favourite non-metal bands. I should get around to listening to all of their albums, i've listened to maybe half of them

Red Bear

Referee
Personally I'd rate that as their best album. While their best songs aren't on it, every track is stellar.

I'm also incredibly pro mr precision so the unravelling is ahead of it for me. Revolutions is untouchable and for me there best by a distance. Chris chasse guitar weakened the band IMO. Should've stuck with Todd after precision went.

First Australian tour at Annandale hotel is still my #1 gig.

Back on topic

Casey Jones - I hope we're not the last.
Title Fight - The last thing you forget

The Unravelling & RPM are their best efforts for mine, Siren Song & Suffer/Witness are okay but since then have not been as good IMO.

Their sound has suffered sue to guitar changes. Best 2 guitarists were on the first 2 albums. Agreed on roadside. just terrible. Siren song sounded way way to clean. No power in the riffs and joey's bass sound was tame as well.

Still it's better than the newer crap

Revolutions per minute is their best, easily. Absolute corker of an album. Right from the opening of Black Masks and Gasoline through with songs like Like The Angel, Blood Red White and Blue, Dead Ringer and Torches, Amber Changing a great finisher. One of my favourite albums of the last ten years or so. Unravelling was really good for a debut but has a few weak points, I think Siren Song is more consistent.

Suffer and the Witness was pretty good but had some shit tracks (ready to fall for example), really liked The Approaching Curve, Good Left Undone, Survive and Drones but it was clear from that album what direction they were taking. Last two albums have been f**king trash (Savior was an alright song). Tims Singing got way too professional sounding and lost its hardcore influence, and yeah their latest guitarist is mediocre. Essentially they got overproduced (to the point where they cant replicate their sound live which is pretty pathetic for a big name band).

Wish I was 18 for that Annandale show, would've bene a great venue to see them at that point. This footage was from 2003 or so
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc2wyqgYIVg&feature=related

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Problem is red bear zach is a gun guitarist in bane. Rise against don't utillize his chops like they should. 4 power chords with a big chorus and that's all they do these days. Gone is the heavy but catchy sound of Todd and the creative brilliance of precision. As soon as they drifted from their 88 fingers Louie influences they turned to shit.

Definitly agree re tins singing stuff all balls now.

And the Annandale show was epic. Will have to check out the footage you posted when I get home. For sure me and my mates would've been filmed ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts