What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What changes would you do to our line up ?

krispyredv

Juniors
Dugan
Morris
Beale
Farrell
Nightingale
Widdop
Williams
Merrin
Rein
Frizzel
Thomspon
Creagh
De Belin
Stockwell
Ah Mau
Cooper
Hunt

We really need 4 forwards on the bench to compete with the bigger packs.

I think Stanley needs to spend some time in the cutters.

Quinlan is a very good player but he is not a halfback.

It's time for Rein to establish himself as an 80 minute hooker, if not I would have Witt on the bench.

dwight12

Juniors
Dugan
Morris
Beale
Farrell
Nightingale
Widdop
Williams
Merrin
Rein
Frizzel
Thomspon
Creagh
De Belin
Stockwell
Ah Mau
Cooper
Hunt

We really need 4 forwards on the bench to compete with the bigger packs.

I think Stanley needs to spend some time in the cutters.

Quinlan is a very good player but he is not a halfback.

It's time for Rein to establish himself as an 80 minute hooker, if not I would have Witt on the bench.

I would have Witt in for Williams. Other then that, looks good to me. Like I said in another thread, if rein needs a spell for 10-15 minutes, have Farrell move to hooker and push Thompson into the centres.

Twenty10

Juniors
Wit is far better option than Williams. Sam had a chance and played poorly. Wit is a better defender than Quinlan and Williams.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The only change required is Stanley, the rest are all arguable.

The change is more mental now, the guys have gotten cocky after the early wins, they bought into their own hype.. need to get back to ball control and discipline.

Agree re Stanley.....his cameo appearances are adding zero to our 80 mins of football.....added to that next in line for mine would be Hunt.... obviously the half back situation is diabolical....having said all that I'm not sure we can do that much more with the players we have on our books...as always I will support the team through thick and thin, but to be honest looking at the other teams in the comp I have an uneasy feeling we may finish in the lower half of the table....I hope I'm wrong......

giboz71

First Grade
Dugan
Morris
Beale
Farrell
Nightingale
Widdop
Witt
De Belin
Creagh
Thompson
Frizzell
Rein
Merrin

Cooper
Stockwell
Ah Mau/Hunt
Quinlan/Garvey

Not sure how Groat or Ailomai are going in the lower grades but they need to be considered. Even Harrison should be given a go (can't believe I'm actually saying that?) Shows how thin our forward ranks are right there.

The Mighty Atom

Juniors
Witt to half, Quinlan to the bench, Farrell to the Cutters with Runciman coming into the centres, Merrin back to prop, JdB at lock, maybe Groat to the bench - if he's ready. Oh yeah - and a new coach.

kit66

Bench
I'd go back to the line up we had in round 1, making the only obvious change of putting Duges to fullback. I'd also either run Thompson on in the second row or at least give him more minutes than round 1.
This team put 44 on the Tigers. We don't need to make wholesale changes or experiment any more than we have already - that's what's messing us up.

[FONT=&quot]1. The Duges
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Brett Morris[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Dylan Farrell[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Gerard Beale[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. Jason Nightingale[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. Gareth Widdop[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. Michael Witt[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. Jack de Belin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9. Mitch Rein[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17. Tyson Frizell[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11. Leeson Ah Mau[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12. Ben Creagh[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13. Trent Merrin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10. Dan Hunt[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15. Kyle Stanley[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16. Joel Thompson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20. Mike Cooper[/FONT]

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
With merrin, he needs to be a wide back rower, they are just not using him right- have him at the edges, run him him at halves all day with Dugan and co up his arse. And creagh has to go in the middle because teams know his pattern which is now boring. Problem with him going into the middle is his work rate, along with the fact he is just not built to play in the middle. But merrin has to play wide, price will be a good coach one day - but he needs to now work his forwards properly or it will be a long season, I saw glimpses last night that are frightening, if he don't fix it ASAP- I believe there is next to no chance of semi finals this year.

Glad you mentioned players like Dugan and co right up Merrins arse....really annoyed the crap out of me again on Sat night when time and time again he was attracting/towing 3 or 4 of the opposition and not a support player within 5 metres of him....I bet the great A. Beetson would be looking down and just shaking his head in disbelief.....

BennyV

Referee
1. Duges (just cause)
2. Bmoz (just cause)
3. Beale (has looked good so far on the outside of widdop)
4. Matautai (looks like he has great strike power, something we need on the right, we went left WAY too much against the rabbits with nothing happening on the right)
5. Flo (just cause)
6. Widdop (just cause)
7. Williams (should commit, dropping him consistently will ruin his confidence like Phil Hughes)
8. Mez (as said before, he is a SOO prop, played prop all through juniors and NYC, could be the next Arthur Beetson. should also be a long minute prop)
9. Rein (He is playing better this year but should work up to 80 mins)
10. Stockwell (good starting prop)
11. Thompson (was good against souths, aggressive and powerful)
12. Creagh (tireless but I dont think he is the best captain, he is the kind of person that leads by example, not with words. Widdop/Dugan/Bmoz/Mez for captain/co-captain maybe)
13. JDB (played lock from 60 mins on against Souths, looked better there and should stay there)

14. Friz (looks awesome against tired forwards)
15. Cooper (also looks better against tired forwards with good footwork)
16. Ah Mau (Another impact player, but more of an edge runner against halves etc)
17. Witt/Garvey (if rein can't stand for 80 mins) or Harrison/(another forward standing up in the cutters if he can't)

This...this is the line up I'd be picking, with Witt in the number 17. Players in their correct positions, power from the bench and the edges

Stanley and Quinlan to the Cutters. Quinlan to back up Dugan during origin and injury. Stanley to develop his fitness and experience in the halves. He will improve, he just needs time after ongoing serious injuries.

Last edited:

hardbaby

Coach
Make Widdop captain. Mata'utia deserves a shot on the back of some great performances in the Cutters. Williams at half with Witt on the bench playing good minutes at hooker. Dan Hunt can f**k right off. That's it really. No need to tear the guts out of the side.

Godz Illa

Coach
lol at people dropping Farrell. The collective hard-on for Mata'utia is getting out of hand. Farrell has had to contend with schizophrenic chopping and changing of the entire right edge including the looney decision to play a fullback at half. He was very good against Brisbane

How can Farrell be held to account for that loss?
We were bashed firstly by the Refs and then consequently by the Burgeii.

dragonreddy

Juniors
The amount of people on here blaming the ref is embarrassing we lost by 20 and Dugans no try was exactly that as Godz outlined above the changes are all over the place like a mad womans shit and unfortunately we got the loss. ITs like people sit there and watch a different game, we got Melbourne next week after that last minute loss to the Titans this week so you better get your excuse book dusted off for then unless we go up about 3 levels.

TheRev

Coach
I just find Farrell very average all round, doesnt cost us any games directly, but id love him to be a threat when he runs.. not our most urgent issue though, and might be nice to sort out Stanley and lock in a #7 before we make any decisions on Farrell.

The amount of people on here blaming the ref is embarrassing we lost by 20 and Dugans no try was exactly that as Godz outlined above the changes are all over the place like a mad womans shit and unfortunately we got the loss. ITs like people sit there and watch a different game, we got Melbourne next week after that last minute loss to the Titans this week so you better get your excuse book dusted off for then unless we go up about 3 levels.

Well, the game I watched had us down 8-1 in the penalty count, with BMoz on report for a shoulder charge which was laughable. On the other hand, the darlings of the NRL (aka Souffs), playing "away" from home (LOL), were being warned rather than penalised.

Drop Bear

Juniors
Well Thompson was great at center for Canberra, explosive in attack and a hard defender, give him a shot?

possm

Coach
Well, the game I watched had us down 8-1 in the penalty count, with BMoz on report for a shoulder charge which was laughable. On the other hand, the darlings of the NRL (aka Souffs), playing "away" from home (LOL), were being warned rather than penalised.

I saw the same game and you are right; the two refs had a shocker. Why warn the bunnies and penalise the Dragons for the same thing?

Add to that the poor game plan of taking them on in the forwards together with the team selection, the poor discipline of our players, and you've basically got the reason why we lost against the Bunnies.

gonz

Juniors
Merrin back to prop please ffs ! All I see now is to much dancing,
be a prop tuck it under drag 3 with u like used
to under a real coach

Latest posts