What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What changes would you do to our line up ?

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Drop Stanley and Hunt.
Quinlan to cutters as a half or fullback (for now !)
Williams to half.
Stockwell and Merrin as our starting props.
Creagh and Frizzell as our starting second row.
DeBelin at lock.
Bench of Thompson, Cooper, Tariq Simms, Witt.

If injuries during the game in centres, Thompson to centre.
If injuries during the game in forwards, can interchange Cooper or Tariq.
Witt used as backup for Rein or Williams.

Price should also keep an eye on Au Mau,, Aioli, Matautai and Garvey from the cutters.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:

ggould

Juniors
Changes?? Witt to half need as old head to help Widdop!! Quinlan to bench back up to Rein although Rein should be playing 80mis!!! And the major change needed is good old fashioned attitude!!! Testing where you are as a team v Broncos EPIC FAIL!!!! v Sths EPIC FAIL!!!

v Melb ????????

Coffs dragon

Bench
A real tough ass coach that selects players on form in their rightful positions without any favouritism. Merrin is a friggin SOO Prop for NSW so play him at prop instead of converting everyone. Stanley, please....cutters for sure.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
1. Duges (just cause)
2. Bmoz (just cause)
3. Beale (has looked good so far on the outside of widdop)
4. Matautai (looks like he has great strike power, something we need on the right, we went left WAY too much against the rabbits with nothing happening on the right)
5. Flo (just cause)
6. Widdop (just cause)
7. Williams (should commit, dropping him consistently will ruin his confidence like Phil Hughes)
8. Mez (as said before, he is a SOO prop, played prop all through juniors and NYC, could be the next Arthur Beetson. should also be a long minute prop)
9. Rein (He is playing better this year but should work up to 80 mins)
10. Stockwell (good starting prop)
11. Thompson (was good against souths, aggressive and powerful)
12. Creagh (tireless but I dont think he is the best captain, he is the kind of person that leads by example, not with words. Widdop/Dugan/Bmoz/Mez for captain/co-captain maybe)
13. JDB (played lock from 60 mins on against Souths, looked better there and should stay there)

14. Friz (looks awesome against tired forwards)
15. Cooper (also looks better against tired forwards with good footwork)
16. Ah Mau (Another impact player, but more of an edge runner against halves etc)
17. Witt/Garvey (if rein can't stand for 80 mins) or Harrison/(another forward standing up in the cutters if he can't)

TheRev

First Grade
The only change required is Stanley, the rest are all arguable.

The change is more mental now, the guys have gotten cocky after the early wins, they bought into their own hype.. need to get back to ball control and discipline.

Drop Bear

Juniors
Buy a prop or two
Give Joel a shot in the centers
Play a half back thats actually a half, thats why we got them?

Mr Red

First Grade
Merrin must play prop.
Creagh to bench, or cutters . He is past it and not a captain.
Thompson and frizzel as running back rowers.
Debelin lock.

Hunt to bench.
Time for groat to get a shot at prop.
Price pick a half and stick for a few games , allow a combination to build with widdop and Dugan . And by a half I don't mean quinlan, either Witt or Williams

possm

Coach
Drop:
Stanley - he is not up to first grade at the moment.
Hunt - he needs to play with more discipline.
Quinlan - he is not a first grade halfback.
Farrell - his defensive reads have been a worry.

My team for next weeks game against the Storm is:
1. Dugan - was rusty last night and I expect him to improve.
2. Morris - he should be cleared to play.
3. Beale - has been our best centre by far.
4. Matautai - it's his time to show his stuff.
5. Nightingale - should be cleared to play.
6. Widdop - is our real leader.
7. Witt - the best halfback in our Club.
8. Merrin - our best prop
9. Rein - needs to play for 80min.
10. Frizzel - if he is fit to play.
11. Creagh - he needs to show more discipline & leadership.
12. Thompson - will strengthen the right side in attack and D.
13. De Belin - our best option at lock.

14. Stockwell - will one day soon be our starting prop.
15. Cooper - looks better each game he plays.
16. Ah Mau - needs to improve his defence and discipline.
17. Garvey - a forward who can play at hooker or backrow.

Two more games like the last two and Price's head will be on the chopping block. If it were me making the decision, he would have been sacked long ago.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Drop Stanley as a utility and either select another forward and make Rein play 80 or select a player that will add some zip when Rein comes off. And select a halfback and stick with them for the long run. I think the pressure put on Williams to retain his spot made him think he needed to make some miracle plays to keep his spot.

Tayjack

Juniors
With merrin, he needs to be a wide back rower, they are just not using him right- have him at the edges, run him him at halves all day with Dugan and co up his arse. And creagh has to go in the middle because teams know his pattern which is now boring. Problem with him going into the middle is his work rate, along with the fact he is just not built to play in the middle. But merrin has to play wide, price will be a good coach one day - but he needs to now work his forwards properly or it will be a long season, I saw glimpses last night that are frightening, if he don't fix it ASAP- I believe there is next to no chance of semi finals this year.

thommo4pm

Coach
Dugan
Morris
Farrell
Beale
Nighty
Widdop
Witt

Stockwell
Rein
Merrin
Thompson
Creagh
Jdb

Ah Mau
Quinlan
Cooper
Hunt

Assuming Frizzell is still out injured.

Stanley needs confidence and fitness playing for the Cutters

getsmarty

Immortal
Williams to 7; Witt off the bench.

Hunt/Stanley/Quinlan to cutters.

P.S look for a decent coach for next year.

Tayjack

Juniors
Yep u have a point, but they can't get it any worse than what it is, if hooker 7 and 6 can play with width which is highly possible - rein can throw a long ball, widdop too, he needs to be two wide off 2 long passes running unders and overs, and he will go straight through, if not he will get free arms, they really need a rock solid front rower in the middle to do what he also can do, but that's just it, there's no size through the middle or punch what so ever. Hunt is not first grade and hasn't been for the past 2 years, de belin is not bit enough no matter which way you look at it, the others frizell can't be that man because or his fitness, and the others are just not there at present, they need to open the cheque book up.

GT0007

Juniors
Dugan
Morris
Farrell
Beale
Nighty
Widdop
Witt

Stockwell
Rein
Merrin
Thompson
Creagh
Jdb

Ah Mau
Quinlan
Cooper
Hunt

Assuming Frizzell is still out injured.

Stanley needs confidence and fitness playing for the Cutters

Lets assume Frizell is fit pleeease! Exchange for Hunt but otherwise I think it's a reasonable team. I do think the team selections haven't been out too much but the way we have been playing, giving away penalties and poor defense are team problems not individuals. Haven't seen last nights game yet just the highlights so can't comment too much but get the impression the halves were stifled by our forwards being dominated so not sure about pushing Quinlan to the bench but based on the Tigers game I would be happy with Witt anyway.