What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of Adam Blair's punisment?

What do you think of Adam Blair's punisment?

• Total voters

Mr Saab

Referee
Glenn Stewart should get more as the instigator of the incident for which they have been charged. If he doesn't wait for Blair, grab hold of Blair and throw a punch, it doesn't happen.

10 weeks IMO.

I dont think you are being hard enough.....give him 60 weeks and make him join the labor party.

Fibroman

First Grade
Glenn Stewart should get more as the instigator of the incident for which they have been charged. If he doesn't wait for Blair, grab hold of Blair and throw a punch, it doesn't happen.

10 weeks IMO.

That's a bit over the top, I was thinking closer to 9 weeks for G Stewart and 8 weeks for that grub of a brother of his for his disgraceful attempt at ballet in the middle of the stink.

afinalsin666

First Grade
They need to stick a game trading system in. Play in th GF, but multiply his 2 weeks remaining suspensions (assuming we win week 1) by 2.5. So he serves 5 weeks at the start of next year. One f*ck up shouldn't erase 24 weeks of busting your gut. And we could make the call instantly because we don't have to deal with that fallout next year.

OT Fair. Mainly for first uppercut.

firechild

First Grade
Yes, it doesn't matter what league you play in. I believe even a player who went from ESL to NRL or vice versa would be forced to serve whatever suspension they had from the other competition.

I think it seems harsh but is probably fair. I expected 2-3 weeks for the contrary conduct charge. Glenn will probably get the same and be free to play in the GF if Manly make it. If anything, the 2 weeks for striking is probably a bit light. When players came in to diffuse the first situation, Blair came in and started laying into a defenseless person. If he didn't do that, the situation would have settled down and nothing would have come of it.

PB

Bench
3 weeks for Blair (for the second incident) seemed about right. Given he didn't really do anything, some could say it was harsh.

Apparently the match review committee was asking for 5-7 weeks. How Blairs actions were three times worse than Brett Stewart's, i'll never know but there you go.

So will be interesting to see if they (Match Review) are asking for the same or more for Glenn but given how light they went on Brett, I can't imagine it will be more.

ceagle

Bench
3 weeks for Blair (for the second incident) seemed about right. Given he didn't really do anything, some could say it was harsh.

Apparently the match review committee was asking for 5-7 weeks. How Blairs actions were three times worse than Brett Stewart's, i'll never know but there you go.

So will be interesting to see if they (Match Review) are asking for the same or more for Glenn but given how light they went on Brett, I can't imagine it will be more.
They weren't. Do people understand he was charged with a grade 3 contrary? His good record gave him only 1 week.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Anyone know how suspension works for rep teams? Do the Kiwis have to state they would have selected Blair for the games to be ticked off against his suspension?

i dont think they'd count as the suspension rules him eligible to be picked in the first place. However they can add him to the squad and he can miss games to count towards his suspension, so warmup games would count.

lets say the storm only get 3 games into the finals and he has 1 game remaining, he can be picked in the squad and miss the first game. however lets say he has 2 games remaining and there were only 2 tests the kiwi's cant use that against his suspension unless he was picked in the squad and they wont pick him in that scenario as they'd lose a squad position for a player who was never going to play. hopefully i ahvent made it too confusing (i know what i'm trying to say ;-))

Should have been paid $10,000 for each punch that landed on the chin of one of those Manly grubs.

well he would make $0 then cos he didnt hit shit except maybe that first uppercut

They need to stick a game trading system in. Play in th GF, but multiply his 2 weeks remaining suspensions (assuming we win week 1) by 2.5. So he serves 5 weeks at the start of next year. One f*ck up shouldn't erase 24 weeks of busting your gut. And we could make the call instantly because we don't have to deal with that fallout next year.

OT Fair. Mainly for first uppercut.

you are right one f**k up shouldn't be dealt with this harshly.

the problem with your soloution is, that he won't be at the storm next year so it's the tigers who would suffer.

simostorm

Bench
harsh imo.. none of them should miss the GF because of what happened..

but.. it will make him wake up to himself abit.. and you wont see Blair fire up and throw punches like that again, so.. i guess the punishment will do exactly what the NRL want it to do.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I'm happy with it. It's a strong statement and as long as they are consistent in the future then I think that is all that matters. Might be hoping for too much....

cb4

First Grade
It was a fight.
And a shit fight too.
No one should of got anything.

Butters

Bench
Depends on G Stewarts punishment. If that scummy merkin gets less than 5 weeks after throwing the first punch in the 2nd fight and then rejoining it and throwing a few more when Blairs held on the ground by 4 Manly players then the judiciary is a f**king joke.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Glenn will get 3 weeks and play in the GF (if we make it)

And be forever Known as "let's see what they give the other guy first then I'll plead guilty - but hang on, my lawyer has already put my defense in so how can we get round that (nervously looking over his shoulder for his defense) oh, I know, he can pull out...yeah, yeah, I know - who does that at the 11th hour - but new counsel means I can change my plea to guilty like Blair & its a heavily Manlyesque judiciary so they'll understand that I'm really not guilty (just like I said but changed my mind) because I'm the first person EVER to be wrongfully sinbinned and I had to throw the first punch cos Blair asked me to repeat what I said to him when I 'accidentally' crossed his path on my erratic dawdle to the sideline (I've got such BAD timing) & let me play the GF" Stewart.
Or the shorter version Second-man-in (to the Judiciary) Stewart.
transparent Manly, but I expect it will go as planned.

ceagle

Bench
And be forever Known as "let's see what they give the other guy first then I'll plead guilty - but hang on, my lawyer has already put my defense in so how can we get round that (nervously looking over his shoulder for his defense) oh, I know, he can pull out...yeah, yeah, I know - who does that at the 11th hour - but new counsel means I can change my plea to guilty like Blair & its a heavily Manlyesque judiciary so they'll understand that I'm really not guilty (just like I said but changed my mind) because I'm the first person EVER to be wrongfully sinbinned and I had to throw the first punch cos Blair asked me to repeat what I said to him when I 'accidentally' crossed his path on my erratic dawdle to the sideline (I've got such BAD timing) & let me play the GF" Stewart.
Or the shorter version Second-man-in (to the Judiciary) Stewart.
transparent Manly, but I expect it will go as planned.
Wtf is this poorly constructed piece of shit?