What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Oh man, I spent many a rainy Saturday morning over at my hippie friend's place playing Millenium (which he called MilliMilli 2 dot 2) on the old Atari. The dude's Mum wouldn't let him have a TV that showed TV, he couldn't eat 'numbers' (anything with additives), and he'd munch on whole capsicum like apples, but that game was the bomb.

Frederick

Staff member
Ended up buying ffvii remake yesterday. Played for about 3 hours last night.

Very, very happy with my purchase. Ffvii is a very special game. This has the potential to be even better

Zoidberg

First Grade
Finally making myself play Spider-man after owning it since it’s release. Loving it. Combat is fun and, like all good spider-man games, swinging through the city is amazing.
Don’t know why I take so long to actually play these great games (God of war is waiting for me also), life gets in the way I suppose.

Side note. If you also enjoy Spider-man and have a PSVR, download the free Spider-man Far from home VR experience. It’s only short and small scale but web swinging is a damn thrill.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Night in the Woods on PC

Unique style of point and click adventure game. You don’t have an inventory, it’s all about finding places and conversations. Beautiful graphic design and music. Even though it’s all text it works for this particular game. A bit spooky and dealing with young adult themes very well. Played about 5 hours and most say it’s a 7-9 hour game, loving it so far

Misanthrope

Staff member
I bought my missus Animal Crossing for her birthday. She talked about it so damned much that I bought my own copy a few days later.

Bloody addictive, it is!

Frederick

Staff member
I bought my missus Animal Crossing for her birthday. She talked about it so damned much that I bought my own copy a few days later.

Bloody addictive, it is!
What the actual f**k is it? I've seen it all over the place online, but don't actually know what it is

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Still kick your arse if you show up on Rocket League.

I play platnium level these days. (COVID-19 time)

Pussies.

Big Pete

Referee
What the actual f**k is it? I've seen it all over the place online, but don't actually know what it is

It's a life simulator set in real time.

You get loaned a house, or in this case an island, and you get to customise it as you see fit. In the latest game, you get to plan the entire neighbourhood including the location of shops, villagers, rivers and walk-ways.

The reason why everyone loves it because there's multiplayer aspects. Like Pokemon, each town has their own exclusive items, so you're encouraged to visit different islands to collect these items or discover villagers so you can invite them to your town.

It's not a game for everybody. The game doesn't really have an objective, it's entirely up to you and your friends to play around with. However, it's cozy and it's the type of game that you can just pop in and you'll find there's been all sorts of developments since your last playthrough.

Timbo

Staff member
It's a life simulator set in real time.

You get loaned a house, or in this case an island, and you get to customise it as you see fit. In the latest game, you get to plan the entire neighbourhood including the location of shops, villagers, rivers and walk-ways.

The reason why everyone loves it because there's multiplayer aspects. Like Pokemon, each town has their own exclusive items, so you're encouraged to visit different islands to collect these items or discover villagers so you can invite them to your town.

It's not a game for everybody. The game doesn't really have an objective, it's entirely up to you and your friends to play around with. However, it's cozy and it's the type of game that you can just pop in and you'll find there's been all sorts of developments since your last playthrough.

Tom Nook is the greatest villain in video game history. He essentially forces you into indentured service.

Zoidberg

First Grade
So on PSplus this month one of the free games is Farming Simulator ‘19.
4 guys I usually game with are addicted to it, playing for hours most nights. I played once, and all I did for about 3 hours was pick and deliver some potatoes and plough a field. Boring as hell.
What am I missing?
What’s the attraction?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Been devoting all my gaming time to Elite Dangerous lately, ridulously deep and complex space simulator with a ridiculously huge galaxy to explore (it literally models the entire Milky Way galaxy, so you can potentially visit 400 billion star systems, though the human populated “bubble” is only a tiny fraction of it comprising “only” 20,000 or so inhabited systems. There’s a major update being released towards the end of the year allowing players to own massive capital shops worth billions, so I’m currently grinding away earning lots of in game currency asteroid mining to make sure I’m cashed up when that happens.

might grab Doom Eternal soon though for a change of pace and some mindless fun, haha