1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 36 pages and packed full.

EDITION 2 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

What Games Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'Computer and Video Games' started by Big Pete, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Eelementary

Eelementary Post Whore

NBA 2k20

I just had the greatest game of MyCareer, ever.

I got drafted as a 6'10", 270 lbs centre by the Lakers.

Ten games into the season, we are 9 and 1.

LeBron James has been immense - 31 ppg, 7 assists per game, 4 blocks per game, 8 rebounds per game, and is leading the way for the MVP (one would think).

My player is averaging 8 minutes a game, 13.8 ppg, 4 rebounds per game, 2 blocks per game, and 5 assists per game.

LeBron gets injured, and the 5 and 6 Hawks come to Staples Centre to play us.

Most of the game, we are trailing by 11 points.

Coach puts me in the game with 2 minutes left in the first quarter, and the Lakers trailing 46-35.

I play all the way until half-time, and at half-time, the Hawks lead 72-68. I have worked my arse off on both sides of the ball to cut the deficit.

Straight after half-time, coach benches me. I come back to the court with minute left in the third quarter, the Lakers trailing 89-76.

I go on a tear - getting every rebound, finding every open teammate, and racking up points; I drive to the rim aggressively, dunk, draw a foul, and from the Hawks' inbound play, steal the ball from Trae Young, and dunk it again, drawing another foul, and fouling Trae Young put.

Hawks now lead 94-90, with only 90 seconds left.

I steal the ball on halfway, race away, and dunk. Down by two, with a minute left.

We tighten our defence, and force a wild shot from just inside our own half - I get the rebound, throw it to Anthony Davis, race up court, and Davis lobs me an alley oop. The game is tied 94-all with 5 seconds to go.

The Hawks inbound it all the way down court, to their centre, who goes for the game-winning dunk - only for me to swat the ball away.

We go to over-time.

Coach benches me for the first minute of O/T.

When I come on, our defence tightens up, and we win 110-107, with my player racking up 42 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists, and 6 blocks...

I am stoked - I worked so hard, and felt so rewarded!

2. abpanther

abpanther Moderator Staff Member

Wow that's pretty sick man, well done.

I haven't played NBA for a few years but last time I did I made a big centre also and was drafted around #15 by the Bucks. I remember every once in a while having big games like this and it sure feels rewarding, especially when you then have a few of those games where you just can't grab a single rebound no matter how hard you try!

I did try NBA 2k20 but the initial story was a bit long and laboured for me so I only just made it to the draft before I started playing something else. Might have to give it another go

Eelementary likes this.
  3. Eelementary

Eelementary Post Whore

Thanks, mate! It was an epic game!

I agree - the initial story is a bit of a drag, but it's kind of rewarding, when you get the starting gig.

4. Pugzley

Pugzley Guest

Subnautica. Brilliant game that makes me want to take a scuba diving course.