What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

jargan83

Coach
Bit late to the party on this one but I've been playing Hollow Knight on the Switch.

Challenging at times but heaps of fun.

Apey

Staff member
I can see why, I can't put it down.

Currently at the Soul Master boss and I keep dying and I just keep coming back for more.
You'll be pleased to know there's a harder version of a few bosses, including that one. Optional content outside the main story though.

Haffa

Anyone played Cricket 24? I've seen some videos online that make it look like your usual Big Ant game but wanted to know from someone who has played it.

I didn't buy 22 so I'm thinking it might be better to nab that second hand for cheap until they patch 24. Depending on reviews.

Exsilium

First Grade
Anyone played Cricket 24? I've seen some videos online that make it look like your usual Big Ant game but wanted to know from someone who has played it.

I didn't buy 22 so I'm thinking it might be better to nab that second hand for cheap until they patch 24. Depending on reviews.

I think they make a decent cricket game. I played 22 and found it enjoyable. Its one of those games that doesn't need to be spectacular if you love the sport itself. I wouldnt pay top price for it but if you like cricket, its worth it on a saturday afternoon when you just want to grind away and pass the time.

Vic Mackey

Referee
So I generally play games after theyve already been out for a while. Im only just starting Fall Out 4. I like this type of game i.e FPS/open world however Im really struggling to get into it. Everything im reading about is gamers raving out it yet Im finding it frustrating, the world boring and its fairly complicated. Anyone else played it?

abpanther

Staff member
So I generally play games after theyve already been out for a while. Im only just starting Fall Out 4. I like this type of game i.e FPS/open world however Im really struggling to get into it. Everything im reading about is gamers raving out it yet Im finding it frustrating, the world boring and its fairly complicated. Anyone else played it?
Yeah I tried it and didn't love it, it's ok but the story didn't really grab me and as you say some bits are overcomplicated (building, harvesting, etc.). I didn't stick it out for long

mongoose

Coach

I was a pretty avid gamer until about 2015 ish around when GTA V came out, that was the last game I put 100+ hours into.... Didn't play games for a while after that and have only just got back into gaming in the last 2 years as I got an X Box series X. I'm amazed at what shit people think is good these days and what gets rated highly across the internet. I've downloaded so many games that have good reviews only to play them for about 2 hours then delete, usually because of really boring map design, bad mechanics, crappy level up systems... Games were honestly so much better and more creative 10-15 years ago. Anyway that's my little rant...

Eelectrica

Referee
Playing Fallout 4 at the moment as well. I picked the game up on a Steam sale a couple of years ago. I've recently started resuming the game I had going back then. So that was interesting not knowing what the hell was going on at the time.

I wouldn't say it's amazing by any stretch. I'm not interested in Sim City- Fallout so I largely ignore the settlement building part of it. I'll get settlements some basics I guess. Water, beds, defence.
Beyond that the game becomes too much of a trash collecting sim.

I mostly want to do the Far Harbour expansion which I hear is pretty good. Their have been some pretty fun side quests, even if they have been a bit fetchy.

I generally avoid using fast travel, I find it more interesting to walk across the landscape and see what I find along the way.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Playing Fallout 4 at the moment as well. I picked the game up on a Steam sale a couple of years ago. I've recently started resuming the game I had going back then. So that was interesting not knowing what the hell was going on at the time.

I wouldn't say it's amazing by any stretch. I'm not interested in Sim City- Fallout so I largely ignore the settlement building part of it. I'll get settlements some basics I guess. Water, beds, defence.
Beyond that the game becomes too much of a trash collecting sim.

I mostly want to do the Far Harbour expansion which I hear is pretty good. Their have been some pretty fun side quests, even if they have been a bit fetchy.

I generally avoid using fast travel, I find it more interesting to walk across the landscape and see what I find along the way.

yeah i got the far harbour too, no where near it yet. i played again last night. like you say its not terrible, it just doesnt grab me. i also find the shooting a bit clunky when compared to say a far cry game.

Frederick

Staff member
A friend at work recently got me into The Long Dark. Survival game based in Canadian wilderness. No objective, no end game, just survive as long as possible against the elements, wildlife and your physical needs

Addictive, frustrating game. You will die a lot

Perth Tiger

Bench
got a new Xbox over xmas and been stuck into Starfield. The survey mechanics feeds into my obsessive compulsion tendencies :D

abpanther

Staff member
Just finished Far Cry 6, enjoyed it like the others for what it is, lots of fun driving and flying around shooting everyone and generally creating havoc. Agree with some reviews that the new gear system and outfits were a bit of a pain and didn't really hit the spot, also found I was able to get my gear and guns set up fairly early to pretty much kill anyone which made lots of the side quests irrelevant.

Considering trying Baldur's Gate 3, never played one before nor done DnD, however I've played lots of Diablo and kept seeing great reviews for this game. Any beginner tips??

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just finished Far Cry 6, enjoyed it like the others for what it is, lots of fun driving and flying around shooting everyone and generally creating havoc. Agree with some reviews that the new gear system and outfits were a bit of a pain and didn't really hit the spot, also found I was able to get my gear and guns set up fairly early to pretty much kill anyone which made lots of the side quests irrelevant.

Considering trying Baldur's Gate 3, never played one before nor done DnD, however I've played lots of Diablo and kept seeing great reviews for this game. Any beginner tips??

I love the FCs but this one hasnt grabbed me. I havent played it, just what Ive seen. You think its worth a run?

abpanther

Staff member
I love the FCs but this one hasnt grabbed me. I havent played it, just what Ive seen. You think its worth a run?
Yeah it's not one of their best, like I was if you're looking for something to pick up and have fun with that requires minimal thinking/strategy then yeah worth a run, but if you're looking for an engaging storyline and something great give it a pass. I only got it because it was $12 on the PS store haha