What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Munky

Coach
If the online rumours and meltdowns are to be believed Microsoft is about to put its games on Playstation.

Beginning of the end for XBox hardware of so.

Sales of the series console are stagnant so the numbers used to justify the Bethesda and Activision acquisitions must no longer hold up.

Game pass never made financial sense to me and I'd imagine less so now with hardware sales under expectations.

After the Starfield reviews only Hifi Rush appeals to me of the recent games.

Pugzley

Baldur’s Gate goes hard. Now if they gave the same upgrades to Neverwinter Nights and the previous Baldur’s Gate games….

Pugzley

If the online rumours and meltdowns are to be believed Microsoft is about to put its games on Playstation.

Beginning of the end for XBox hardware of so.

Sales of the series console are stagnant so the numbers used to justify the Bethesda and Activision acquisitions must no longer hold up.

Game pass never made financial sense to me and I'd imagine less so now with hardware sales under expectations.

After the Starfield reviews only Hifi Rush appeals to me of the recent games.
So Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball on the PS5?

ACTPanthers

Bench
Doing another playthrough of Assassins Creed: Valhalla - Was not a fan initially but after hearing someone say that it's not really playable as a traditional AC game and that it's more a hack and slash game I'm finding it really enjoyable. Cut scenes are ridiculously drawn out though.

Munky

Coach
Doing another playthrough of Assassins Creed: Valhalla - Was not a fan initially but after hearing someone say that it's not really playable as a traditional AC game and that it's more a hack and slash game I'm finding it really enjoyable. Cut scenes are ridiculously drawn out though.

It's so long!

100 hours according to the clock on ps5.

Dragons Dogma released overnight, I didn't get far in the original but could could make a fun way to spend the long weekend.

Nutz

Bench
got a new Xbox over xmas and been stuck into Starfield. The survey mechanics feeds into my obsessive compulsion tendencies :D
I got Starfield for xmas and couldn't get past the opening flight controls "L" plates :)
The graphics are pretty cool.
One day when I'm completely over Halo Infinite I'll give Starfield another go ha ha.
I enjoyed streaming the Halo series. I hope they keep it going.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I got Starfield for xmas and couldn't get past the opening flight controls "L" plates :)
The graphics are pretty cool.
One day when I'm completely over Halo Infinite I'll give Starfield another go ha ha.
I enjoyed streaming the Halo series. I hope they keep it going.
I got to say that it was fun to start with but the enjoyment wore off fairly quickly as it became fairly repetitive

Bazal

Post Whore
So I generally play games after theyve already been out for a while. Im only just starting Fall Out 4. I like this type of game i.e FPS/open world however Im really struggling to get into it. Everything im reading about is gamers raving out it yet Im finding it frustrating, the world boring and its fairly complicated. Anyone else played it?

Yeah I tried it and didn't love it, it's ok but the story didn't really grab me and as you say some bits are overcomplicated (building, harvesting, etc.). I didn't stick it out for long

Playing Fallout 4 at the moment as well. I picked the game up on a Steam sale a couple of years ago. I've recently started resuming the game I had going back then. So that was interesting not knowing what the hell was going on at the time.

I wouldn't say it's amazing by any stretch. I'm not interested in Sim City- Fallout so I largely ignore the settlement building part of it. I'll get settlements some basics I guess. Water, beds, defence.
Beyond that the game becomes too much of a trash collecting sim.

I mostly want to do the Far Harbour expansion which I hear is pretty good. Their have been some pretty fun side quests, even if they have been a bit fetchy.

I generally avoid using fast travel, I find it more interesting to walk across the landscape and see what I find along the way.

I started replaying FO4 leading up to the show being released.

It really is two games sort of mashed together, and the main quest is pretty dumb as you get to the end. And there isn't a single Fallout game with good combat tbh. But the strength for me is that you can play it however you like. It's easily one of the most immersive worlds I've played in a game and most of what I like to do is just explore it. I've just hit level 51 this time and have only just got into the Institute and not even started any BOS quests...

it has annoying moments, the fking endless Minutemen quests, but I've always really liked it. Survival mode makes it even more immersive if that's your thing, but I've moved away from gaming like that.

Far Harbour is genuinely very good though. Unlike the main FO4 questline, you can actually make choices and impact the Island by how you choose to complete the Far Harbour main quest. And the creatures are fking vicious. It's also set in Maine, not in the shadow of a nuclear crater, so the environment is much more pleasing IMO.