What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wife got me FarCry 6 for Xmas so I've played a couple of hours of that, the only other game in the series I've played was FarCry 4 and I just couldn't get into it but I've already surpassed the amount of time played so fingers crossed I guess.

You liking it so far? I really liked FC4 but funnily enough the setting in 5 didn’t appeal to me so I took my time getting it. I eventually did and then loved it, moreso then 4. Again 6 setting doesn’t interest me that much, with a few open world games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Dying Light 2 coming out soon I’m holding off on getting it.

jargan83

Coach
You liking it so far? I really liked FC4 but funnily enough the setting in 5 didn’t appeal to me so I took my time getting it. I eventually did and then loved it, moreso then 4. Again 6 setting doesn’t interest me that much, with a few open world games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Dying Light 2 coming out soon I’m holding off on getting it.

I'm maybe 3 or 4 hours into it so far and I've enjoyed it.

No idea why I couldn't get in 4 because I reckon I played that for an hour and just didn't pick it up again. Missed 5 despite being interested in the premise and maybe I'll look at that after the two titles you've mentioned are done.

Not as much gaming time as I used to have with a 6 month old at home 😂

soc123_au

Staff member
Just picked up Asseto Corsa Competizione on sale in the Playstation store. I'd heard it was terrible on a controller, but thought I'd give it a run anyway.

So far the way it drives is amazing, the sounds are also brilliant. I havent even touched the controller parameters and I'm about .5 seconds slower at Spa in a GT3 than on GT Sport. I cant wait for the free PS5 update next month.

For any racing fans on PS5, dont miss it at the current price.

Munky

Coach
Finally playing RDR 2 after aborted attempts at launch due to not enjoying the intro missions. Playing on PS5 and installed to the SSD to help with loads and texture streaming. I'm a little disappointed Rocksrar haven't patched in either 60 FPS or native 4K.

As a recreation of the period it is amazing. However as a video game that is fun to play I'm not sure. Anything not involving free roaming and hunting on your horse is just not very good. The combat is horrible and unplayable without aim assist.

You go out of stealth when you loot a body, even worse you lose stealth aiming a throwing knife. The missions can be glacial, forcing you to walk at a snail's pace just so you can hear the accompanying character's rant about the world.

I'm upto chapter 4 in St Denis and being in the city just highlights how sluggish the game is to play.

The mission design forcing you to play the way Rockstar wants you to play can be infuriating. Running two metres behind someone and the lasso doesn't work due to the scripted two minute chase only ending at the pre determined point.

As I said it's an unbelievable world to sit back and watch but an absolute chore to interact with most of the time. I'll persevere to the end of the main story but gee I wish it had focussed less on deliberate animations for everything.

I'm looking forward to February and hunting robo dinos again.

Eelectrica

Referee
TW Warhammer 3. I like it so far. Just playing the tutorial at the moment, but they've done a good job with it.
Runs well, good UI improvements.

I still don't know what Warhammer is exactly other than Tolkien on Acid.

Munky

Coach
States Horizon Forbidden West on PS5.

Playing in resolution mode and it's ridiculous how good it looks.

Even at 30 FPS traversal and gameplay is tight.

So far it's the most fun game I've played in years and the machine combat is as great as the original. Pretty much the opposite of my gripes with RDR2 above.

Very Witcher 3 like.

Eelementary

Post Whore
States Horizon Forbidden West on PS5.

Playing in resolution mode and it's ridiculous how good it looks.

Even at 30 FPS traversal and gameplay is tight.

So far it's the most fun game I've played in years and the machine combat is as great as the original. Pretty much the opposite of my gripes with RDR2 above.

Very Witcher 3 like.

I hated Horizon Zero Dawn.

I tried a dozen times to get into it, but I just found it dull.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Same, it didn't grab me at all.

Also agree re: GT7.. Lot's of fun - and frustrations, which come with being a perfectionist for the licenses!

Tell me about it!

I have gotten gold for all B license tests except the final - my best time is 0.04 seconds from Gold, and I just can't get any quicker!

But I love that the game has gone back to its roots - get your licence, buy a cheap car, win some races, tune that car, and win new cars.

That is gameplay gold!

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Elden Ring has been consuming me since it came out. I'm up to 91 hours since the day it came out. Such a good game, and once it gets its claws into you, your life is over. When you aren't playing Elden Ring, you're thinking about playing Elden Ring.

soc123_au

Staff member
@Jono078 and @Eelementary add me on psn soc123 so we can compare times on GT7. The licence tests are a lot harder than Sport. I was happy to get bronze on S10. I've only given them one play through, but I'll go back and attempt to get gold on them all.

The economy in game is pretty crook, the push to micro transactions piss me off. Other than that it's not bad.

bileduct

Coach
Elden Ring has been consuming me since it came out. I'm up to 91 hours since the day it came out. Such a good game, and once it gets its claws into you, your life is over. When you aren't playing Elden Ring, you're thinking about playing Elden Ring.

I'm really f**king enjoying this. I love how the game is just brutal to you if you don't bother to learn the controls and how your class works and then rewards you for getting it right. That first boss took me quite a few attempts before I managed to figure it all out, and then I smashed the f**ker in a few seconds.

Eelementary

Post Whore
@Jono078 and @Eelementary add me on psn soc123 so we can compare times on GT7. The licence tests are a lot harder than Sport. I was happy to get bronze on S10. I've only given them one play through, but I'll go back and attempt to get gold on them all.

The economy in game is pretty crook, the push to micro transactions piss me off. Other than that it's not bad.

Done!

Don't expect too much, though - while I love games, I.not the type to put games on the hardest difficulty setting, and challenge myself to see how good I am.

I am all about enjoying games, so I readily recognise I am not the most skilful game out there.

soc123_au

Staff member
Done!

Don't expect too much, though - while I love games, I.not the type to put games on the hardest difficulty setting, and challenge myself to see how good I am.

I am all about enjoying games, so I readily recognise I am not the most skilful game out there.
I'm not that good either. I go alright on a few car/track combos, but some I'm hopeless. I have fun though. GT Sport is one of the few games I got platinum on, but I got lucky on a few daily race combos coming up when I had the time to grind for wins.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm not that good either. I go alright on a few car/track combos, but some I'm hopeless. I have fun though. GT Sport is one of the few games I got platinum on, but I got lucky on a few daily race combos coming up when I had the time to grind for wins.

That's what it's all about - having fun!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My daughter (grown woman) is playing Elden Ring, much cursing comes out, so I know she is enjoying it.

I have mastered Stellaris, even made my own species and won with them, the Angryling's.

Exsilium

First Grade
I have mastered Stellaris, even made my own species and won with them, the Angryling's.

I've been meaning to get back into Stellaris. I downloaded it, played a few campaign style hit outs and realised it was more in-depth than I was prepared for.