What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I got the meta thingy, is pretty cool, the kids, well 30 year old kids to me, f**king love it.

I really digged the dinosaur, yep a nerd forever.

Finished Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 last week.

Fell off it in April when I started it, it's a weird moment to moment game.

Some bits reach the same heights as the Witcher 3 while others feel like a bad FPS.

The open world is a waste of time and not fun to move around in.
i found the end boss adam smasher a huge letdown maybe he was glitching when i played but he just stood there and let me empty my gun into him

Battlestar Galactica: Gridlock. Nice strategy based game based on the 2004 remake, which is hard to master even on the easy setting.

You wind up commanding the Colonial Fleet during the first Cylon War and you have to defend the colonies from marauding Cylon fleets, whilst also following the story campaign missions to help you unlock various ship classes/upgrades and new technology. If you ignore the colonies too much, they withdraw from the Quorum, and if more than 6 of the 12 do so, the Quorum disbands and you lose your income of tylium (which you need to be able to FTL jump and to build new ships).

When you complete a mission though, you can watch a full "cinematic" playback of the battle which looks rather cool.

You can also play online against real life opponents, or skirmish missions against the computer, playing either as the Colonials or the Cylons.

I'd give it a solid 7.5/10 for a game that's more than 3 years old.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I loved it at first, the combat is probably the best in any game I’ve played. I finished the first island and then saw another same sized one and just said ‘f*#k that’ never went back to it.

I've just finished the first island.

It does get repetitive at times (although, what game doesn't?), but cutting down an entire army of Mongols, by yourself, without taking damage, feels so badass.

Munky

Coach
Knocked over the main story of GOW Ragnarok yesterday.

Some pacing issues but an incredible game. The optional content is fantastic especially the crater.

I'm not sure whether to go back to Xcom 2 win the wait to the Witcher 3 upgrade in two weeks.

I loved it at first, the combat is probably the best in any game I’ve played. I finished the first island and then saw another same sized one and just said ‘f*#k that’ never went back to it.

Same here, in 2020 at launch got to the second island and stopped.

2021 I picked it up again and made it to the third island and stopped.

It's a horribly paced game.

Munky

Coach
So tangentially related, Dragonforce of guitar hero 3 fame and being massive nerds have released a Skyrim themed song.

Eelectrica

Referee
Marvel Midnight Suns

Really enjoying it - super interesting gameplay.
Yes I've been playling that too. I'm not too far in just yet. It's fun combining the RNG of the cards to see what combos can be created.

As a fan of the X-Com games this has been on my radar for a while.

Once I'm done with my current TW:WH3 campaign I'll focus on MS.

Skodaguy

Juniors
Playing Age of Empires Definitive Edition (remastered in 2021). I loved the original. The new one has nicer graphics & options, but the gameplay is tweaked and isn't as good as the old game.

Munky

Coach
Just started Witcher 3 again on PS5.

Did the first quest with the trashed forge and it immediately came back why this is the greatest game of the last decade.

I made a choice and a kid got the noose.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Recently got myself a PS5,
Been jamming FIFA a bit.
Also set myself up on the PS plus, what a library of games! I had started playing Assassins Creed: Valhalla, however they took it off before I could play it again...probably should have checked that

Started Ghost of Tsushima and enjoyed what little of it I've done. Also installed Mass Effect and Spiderman

nöyd

Staff member
Daughter started playing Fortnite over the christmas break, we have an Xbox series X as well as an Xbox one so I also logged on and had a go. Its actually pretty fun but the novelty wore off pretty quick for me, she is still into it though.

I watched her start a new game the other night, I (stupidly) told her that I would give her $50 if she won.

Of course you know how it ended....

abpanther

Staff member
Finally finished God of War and really enjoyed it by the end. I initially played for a bit and got over it but getting back into it again once you get past the initial feeling of being a little overwhelmed with all the changes (runes, talismans, enchantments, etc.) it's a great game and the story is fantastic.

Has anyone played Ragnarok yet? I've got it but will have a little break playing something else before trying it, I've heard it's very good also but not quite as good as the first, be interested to hear feedback

simmo1

First Grade
Having a blast reliving some childhood memories playing Goldeneye 007 on Xbox. Gameplay still holds up OK. Soundtrack is an absolute banger.

Latest posts