What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
My break from gaming is over.

Been jamming the Battlefield games with one of my mates. They were on the recent Steam Sale for like 90% off. Did the campaign for BF1, and jammed online there for a while, now working through the campaign in BFV which is brilliant, and enjoying online even more. Reminds me so much of the original BF1942, even has Wake Island.

Once I get over that, I'ma hit up The Witcher 3 as I've never played it.

My eldest step son is currently really into Jurassic World Evolution 2, it's his first foray into PC gaming. He's playing the PS quite a bit, we often jam the WWE or FIFA games together, but at the moment he is REALLY into dinosaurs.

abpanther

Staff member
My break from gaming is over.

Been jamming the Battlefield games with one of my mates. They were on the recent Steam Sale for like 90% off. Did the campaign for BF1, and jammed online there for a while, now working through the campaign in BFV which is brilliant, and enjoying online even more. Reminds me so much of the original BF1942, even has Wake Island.

My eldest step son is currently really into Jurassic World Evolution 2, it's his first foray into PC gaming. He's playing the PS quite a bit, we often jam the WWE or FIFA games together, but at the moment he is REALLY into dinosaurs.

I bought the Witcher 3 ages ago and haven't touched it, was thinking about giving it a try but was worried it's been too long. Are we confident it still holds up?

Frankus

Juniors
Been looking for a decent RPG - the last one I thoroughly enjoyed was Ghost of Tsushima. Tried FO4 - thought it was terrible. The Witcher 3, meh. BG3 didn't do it for me either.

abpanther

Staff member
Been looking for a decent RPG - the last one I thoroughly enjoyed was Ghost of Tsushima. Tried FO4 - thought it was terrible. The Witcher 3, meh. BG3 didn't do it for me either.
Interesting that you didn't enjoy BG3, haven't tried it myself but so many rave reviews, curious what didn't you like?

Munky

Coach
I finally finished BG 3 last week after a hiatus.

Best game since Witcher 3 in 2015 and Mass Effect 2 in 2010.

Amazing systemic game play with top notch story and characters.

Raphael is pure Disney villain and all the better for it.

Frankus

Juniors
Interesting that you didn't enjoy BG3, haven't tried it myself but so many rave reviews, curious what didn't you like?
Maybe it was the turn based aspect. But then again I enjoyed multiple FF games. I found the story was mediocre too. I guess it just wasn’t for me.

Vic Mackey

Referee

I bought the Witcher 3 ages ago and haven't touched it, was thinking about giving it a try but was worried it's been too long. Are we confident it still holds up?

Witcher 3 still probably my fav ever game, keep in mind I think i played it in 2018. Ive never played the DLCs, gone back to them a few times but dont stick with them. Its a game you have to immerse yourself in and accept its going to be 50+ hours
Finished Horizon Zero Dawn recently, had a ton of fun with that. Beautiful looking game.
I loved this game, was so unique. For some reason have no desire to play the sequel, which Ive heard is just as good.

Apey

Staff member
I got No Mans Sky which Ill start soon, the new update is meant to be amazing. Anyone else on this?
Take this with a grain of salt as I haven't played it since 2019. I also didn't play it when it first came out where it was apparently much maligned. I've got 90 hours in it.

It's worth getting on sale and can be a lot of fun exploring but I also felt like there wasn't much to it in the end. I've seen it described as 'a mile wide but an inch deep' which resonated with me. Of course, it's probably changed a lot in 5 years. I still gave it a positive review on steam as recent as 2022 because when I was enjoying it, I really was enjoying it. In hindsight I just felt like after I'd seen 20 - 30 different randomly generated planets, I had seen them all.

I imagine playing it for the first time would be still awesome, especially after the continued updates and support throughout the years. On the flip side I'm not sure I will ever feel like diving back in.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Developing a 3rd person shooter for PC with Unreal 5 and C++

Those Tom Clancy games are my favs outside of souls like, GR, BP, Division 1 & 2..

Long journey, but I'm looking forward to doing it all on my own.

Latest posts