What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to the anti Brian Smith agenda?

You know, the one where little girls would write letters in crayon to Massoud outlining how Smith is destroying her club. The one where Newcastle was set for a revolution because Smith was tearing their footy team, and, thus, their entire town apart. The one where Smith does nothing but destroy footballers with mind games. Where is it? Raaaaaaaaay has been pretty quiet. I don't read the Telecrap but I haven't seen too many articles on here about how bad he is.

Surely they haven't conceded defeat?

I wish Brian Smith would come to Bondi and clean out the dead wood. Although, he would have a much tougher task than he did at Newcastle.

Eels Dude

Coach
It was the same when he was at Parra. The articles and talkback only came flooding in when we were losing every week. If Newcastle start to struggle on the field it'll be back... simple as that.

Where is it? Raaaaaaaaay has been pretty quiet. I don't read the Telecrap but I haven't seen too many articles on here about how bad he is.

They usually stop typing about something when it dies out. Kind of shows us how much a fair-and-balanced piece of communication they are. P.S. Screw News Ltd.

has a coach ever had so many years at first grade level without a title though?

Smith seems like he has a lot of ability to me , but you cant get around the fact that he has around 18 years as a coach and has won nothing.

Loudstrat

Coach
He left us and joined Newcastle. We rejoiced.

Hagan left Newcastle, and they rejoiced.

And Kirk Reynoldson doesn't post here.

Hanscholo

Bench
I've noticed how the telegraph have been brown enveloping smith for a few weeks. But who honestly takes anything those guys do seriously, from Masoud through to that fat red editor who is so famous his name escapes me. They are tabloid journo's, they saw strife boiling in newcastle, they had some grudges so they did their thing. As soon as the knights have a rough period then im sure the telegraph will be telling us once again how soon he will lose his job.

The all time classic smith article from the tele was earlier this year when they came out and announced that in a fiery board meeting in newcastle that smith had lost the support of the board, 2 days later he was resigned with a glowing endorsement from the CEO and board. We didnt see another mention of the board meeting.

I've noticed how the telegraph have been brown enveloping smith for a few weeks. But who honestly takes anything those guys do seriously, from Masoud through to that fat red editor who is so famous his name escapes me. They are tabloid journo's, they saw strife boiling in newcastle, they had some grudges so they did their thing. As soon as the knights have a rough period then im sure the telegraph will be telling us once again how soon he will lose his job.

The all time classic smith article from the tele was earlier this year when they came out and announced that in a fiery board meeting in newcastle that smith had lost the support of the board, 2 days later he was resigned with a glowing endorsement from the CEO and board. We didnt see another mention of the board meeting.

Rebecca Wilson...

adamkungl

Immortal
has a coach ever had so many years at first grade level without a title though?

Smith seems like he has a lot of ability to me , but you cant get around the fact that he has around 18 years as a coach and has won nothing.

The thing with winning a comp....its not really that great an indication of pure ability imo. 4 teams get to the final 2 weeks of the competition, they're usually fairly close in terms of ability...its just a sh*t fight. So many things can happen. It goes beyond ability at that point. Hagan beat Smith in the 2001 GF, is Hagan a better coach than Smith? Not a chance.

The thing with winning a comp....its not really that great an indication of pure ability imo. 4 teams get to the final 2 weeks of the competition, they're usually fairly close in terms of ability...its just a sh*t fight. So many things can happen. It goes beyond ability at that point. Hagan beat Smith in the 2001 GF, is Hagan a better coach than Smith? Not a chance.

Not that example...:BDH:

Lambretta

First Grade
They usually stop typing about something when it dies out. Kind of shows us how much a fair-and-balanced piece of communication they are. P.S. Screw News Ltd.

So what you're saying is that in the interest of being balanced and fair and reporting the news - they should go on a crusade to lynch Smith even though all his knockers have been shut up?

That's some f**king sort of genius you've discovered there son.

OF COURSE THEY DONT REPORT ANYTHING IF THERE'S NOTHING TO REPORT.

Was that your brain sending messages to your fingers or was your bias in control?

Jono1987

Juniors

Well Hagan can at least say he won a premiership. Smith has got nothing to show for all his 'hard work'. I'm not saying Hagan is a better coach but how do you rate who the better coach is?

Eels Dude

Coach

Yeah agreed. I'm not intentionally gonna bag Tim Sheens, yet in the past decade the bloke has won a 1 comp, but missed the finals 9 times out of 10 or thereabouts (maybe more) including several wooden spoons. Yet he's considered good enough to coach Australia.

sure , but we're talking 18 years here. You would think that given the law of averages a decent coach would have won a title in that time.

Most coaches i can think of that have had 10+ years of first grade have won a title.

Graham Murray is the only other coach i can think of in recent time to have had anywhere near a similar record. But im sure im missing someone.

So what you're saying is that in the interest of being balanced and fair and reporting the news - they should go on a crusade to lynch Smith even though all his knockers have been shut up?

That's some f**king sort of genius you've discovered there son.

OF COURSE THEY DONT REPORT ANYTHING IF THERE'S NOTHING TO REPORT.

Was that your brain sending messages to your fingers or was your bias in control?

Nope. Rather when they see that something is abit unusual they target it with bogus headlines and useless stories and when it comes to someone questioning them and telling them to back it up the story dissappeares without notice. Next Week we are on something new and most likely irrelavent as well.