What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Happens At Half Time?

The_Raider

Juniors
Honestly something changes in the Raiders once half time hits most of the time it changes for the worst. The Raiders rarely go on with a game in the second half and always find themselves struggling to get a win that they should have had wrapped up. What is it that changes once they go to the sheds?

Is it the mentality that they want to keep going on and blow the team out of the water?

Is it the coach that can't emphasise how improtant it is for them to go out and finish their sets and just play good football?

What is it that causes them to blow big leads starting the second half?

aussies1st

Staff member
Looks like we go back to being conservative compared to what we did in the 1st half. We need to get the offloads back as that is the only time we even remotely look threatening.

Cryptic

Juniors
The refs decide that's it's been really unfair against the rabbits so they get quick play the balls, get to slow down EVERY SINGLE f**kING play the ball where we make a break and yet again we LOSE the penalty count at home... ONE penalty in the second half for us when it should have been closer to FIVE... f**king pathetic... This "Lets even it up" bullsh*t from the refs this year is a f**king joke...

Cryptic

Juniors
That and no Tongue = No direction aparantly... Both Mogg and Tongue off at the same time is also death...

The_Raider

Juniors
I just doing see how going back to conservative football means you can blow a 24-6 lead at the half. Defence needs to be looked at and some of the forwards ball handling leaves alot to be desired.

Dazraider

Juniors
I laughed when the commentator said the fans would be wondering what happened to us , cause its typical of our side to lose a game like that. I knew we had to be at least 30 in front to think we may win.
anyway thanks furner you FK for playing kelly cost us an easy try and screwed another one for us, great work you idiot.
They have to get rid of him and stop listening to skeepe who loves our woeful sides. listen to the ones that see what the FK is going on and FK off Kelly you FK wit

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Tongue should've stayed off. He was falling off tackles left right and centre today. f**k me, he couldn't even do the one thing he was good at.

The_Raider

Juniors
Gotta agree with Furner for the most part, seems like he lacks the passion that we need as a coach and playing Brett Kelly, everyone knew that was a stupid idea and it showed. Raiders should think about throwing some big bucks to Maninga now that he's had a bit more exp.

farmeister

Juniors
Souths were making an easy 60 m every time they got the ball in the 2nd half. I can't believe how fast they were getting up and playing the ball -- it just killed us. Watching our play the balls was like slow motion in comparison.

On the plus side, Buttriss did all right I thought.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
we had a stretch of about 10 mins or so where we had two sets. We just start playing blind..also Mogg leaving the field and having campo being the only play maker was a bit of a dud move. No team takes off there half back and replaces him with a forward! No direction and our attack begins to resemble one out runs from dummy half.

The_Raider

Juniors
Whatever it is it needs to be fixed straight away, Furner seems to lack enthusiasm and that really doesn't help a side prepare. Stupid decision making on Furners part with positons and players and they still need an experienced half back to come and help out, Mogg was decent but nowhere near what we need to be a threat.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Kelly didnt lose us this game..we had a crap attacking kicking game and no direction whatsoever in the second half. Also we didnt put in dominant shots in the 2nd half.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I'm not one to scape goat 2K2, but I can't imagine many other fg wingers would have that ball stolen. He was solid enough most of the game, but not when it counted.

Timbo

Staff member
We actually looked good with Mogg at half and Buttriss at hooker. What happened to Mogg? Did he get injured or did Furner just decide Harrison was a better option at half?

Kelly was his usual shocking self. That strip try was pathetic. He is not a first grader, yet he gets a run every year.

That second half was deplorable football. I don't know what the hell is wrong with these guys. But that's two unlosable games in a row at home we've lost.

The_Raider

Juniors
We actually looked good with Mogg at half and Buttriss at hooker. What happened to Mogg? Did he get injured or did Furner just decide Harrison was a better option at half?

Kelly was his usual shocking self. That strip try was pathetic. He is not a first grader, yet he gets a run every year.

That second half was deplorable football. I don't know what the hell is wrong with these guys. But that's two unlosable games in a row at home we've lost.

Agree apart from the unloseable part, we've come to learn that every Raiders game is loseable to them regardless of the scoreline, i knew things would change at half time but that was just ridiculous.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
The worse thing is, its always the older guys stuffing it up for us. Thompson, Vidot, Fensom, Croker, Dugan are always pretty good. Its generally the majority of our salary cap that costs us games.

aussies1st

Staff member
I heard Mogg had a cork, not even Furner could be that stupid to hook a halfback with only a backrower to replace him. Its a shame as we will probably go back to our failed halfbacks. We seriously need to SOS a proper halfback. Really am wondering with Campese as well, does some good things but then goes missing and puts in some shocking kicks.

Dazraider

Juniors
Furner must of had a smile on his face when the wooden spoon betting came back on without melb cause his brilliant move in having kelly get the ball stripped and gathering a loose ball only to find his way to the sideline without passing back inside for a try, then his interchange was top class by his standards as well. The defence was terrible first 10 of first half and then second half, furner must of gave it to them for tackling well and playing well the last 30 min of the first half.
Anyone who should be investigated into betting against his team should be Furner cause he obvioulsy doesnt want us to win

Cryptic

Juniors
Um really guys? That was not Kelly's fault... I actually think he had an OK game and you guys are really ripping into him too much... He had ZERO support back there... Croker walked back FFS... What was the rest of the team doing?!?!?! I might add I also figured he would play terribly so that maybe part of the reason I'm sorta happen with his performance but you can't ping that all on him... Stuart would have just dropped the ball cold, as would have Vidot going on current form...

Buttress did well? Once he warmed up he was OK but his first two sets were passes to peoples shoulders constantly...

We lost because the refs want to even it up, we didn't get a penalty all second half, our forwards can't hold onto the ball at ALL, and our centres keep running up for one on one tackles and leaving massive f**king holes in the line... Yes it looks good when it works but it's still a 50/50 play...

Latest posts