What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What has happened to the official forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balmain_Boy

Smeghead, what do you honestly think of the WTF?

Surely you can see it for the disgraceful farce that it is.

smeghead

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
Smeghead, what do you honestly think of the WTF?

Surely you can see it for the disgraceful farce that it is.

My honest opinion is simple.

It is a great thing. It is people supporting their club in a passionate and enthusiastic way.

Just as I would not choose to question how someone supports the team in their own way I question why others would choose to attack the fanatical supporters organisation of the Wests Tigers. It is a choice for people to join in the organisation or not. Just as it is a choice for you to support the team in the way you see fit.

Simple really in the end. If you think it is a farce than that is your opinion. I just don't understand the need for certain individuals (not you) to take every opportunity to have a dig at the WTF. Are their lives really that devoid of meaning that this is the only way they find pleasure.

Hope that clears it up for you

Estoboy

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Sorry mate, my mistake.

I meant to ask what you thought of the 'FWO'...

I can honestly tell you that when Westie and I were spraypainting that first "FWO" banner (BLITZY FITZY) in early 2005, the sole reason behind it was to have a dig at the anti-fitzy fans out there by continuing the 'pranks' that we were told fitzy did to many players at a the club (ala. Brian Carney).

Do I think fitzy is a good player? not really
Do I think he is good enough for first grade? not really, but there are times where he is best suited to be in first grade

Originally the whole "BLITZY FITZY" banner idea was a 'spur of the moment" thing that was done whilst laughing about how it would piss off people like Simon the Tiger, Ink, RifRaf and Black & Gold (who constantly bagged Fitzy when he played in 2004) in a friendly tounge-in-cheek way. For all of 2005 we went through the season with no one really giving a toss about it as it was really just myself beeting up Fitzy and most people knew it was just a joke. When ever anyone said he was crap, i said he was good... purely for the fun of it; sarcasticly. Most people knew that, yet sadly amid the frustrations of poor team performances and some real shockers from Fitzy, people attacked the FWO. Why? Although they didn't realise it, they probably felt it was a way to vent their frustrations without actually attacking Fitzy himself.

This year more people jumped on the bandwagon. Whilst we may have taken it a little too far, we havn't gone astray from the original intention of knowing that when ever we held up the banners or put on the T-Shirts, we were having a dig at those fitzy bashers.

During one of last years player days, Robbie Farah and Fitzy joked about the FWO to us. When all the players wrote down that they hated fitzy because he was a prankster, it was just more funny justification for continuing on his jokester ways amoungst the fans. The reception by the players has been somewhat supprising. Not only are they all aware of it, but they play along with it. They do the Fitzy pose when they see us... i mean isn't that at least something to laugh about??????

At the end of the day though, its just a joke. We know that, Fitzy knows that, the players know that and most of the fans know that. Yet when people like Mulvi take it serriously then it just plays into the whole scheme of it all.

it was set up ENTIRELY as a joke
and since when are jokes supposed to be taken serriously?
from my point of view, it just seems as though the anti-FWO's have a problem with the chicken crossing the road.

we are still laughing for the same reasons that we were when we first spray-painted "BLITZY FITZY" and I don't think the anti-FWO's realise that

and the more the anti-FWO bash us (as it seems that the bashing has shifted away from Fitzy towards us), the more we'll do it. We are all laughing and having a great time cheering fitzy on knowing perfectly well that the anti-FWO's are getting angrier by the moment purely because they see that abusing us is a way to vent off their anger at the inept tallents of a player.

really its quite sad.
Some of the stuff that we have done is sad (t-shirts, fitzy-websites), but not realising the joke is the saddest part of it all.

both parties are guilty

but its a joke

grow up

move on...
there are more important things in the world to worry about

innsaneink

Referee
Youre still missing it....

You only mention two parties:

1-The "anti fitzerians" as you call us

2- You, the FWO, you guys- you rascals.

.....but theres also those that jump on your side and are dead serious, yes- they wouldnt know a football from a blimp, but dont insult my intelligence when i read Fitzys deserved of origin & national rep honours isnt sincere by some of these youve sucked in.
You didntmention them.

Jokes on the net :roll:...yes, historically humour has relayed really really well online.
You call it a joke, others call it plain old fashioned bull sh*t....

and at the end of the day, while Fitzy doesnt have all that many memorable games, on the rare occasion he does - im 100% certain just once he'd love to jump online and read a post about himself without wondering if its a "joke"...at least he knew with simon, rif , B&G and me, we were sincere in our critiques.

alien

Referee
mulvihill said:
It appears down, what haas happened:
- Is the school certificate on
- Is there a rebel site where FWo wigs are peddled on the cheap
- Did Suzi Q sit on the server ?
- Has it been taken over by Suzi Q and Dave the Panther (who could well be one and the same)

oi mully....who the heck is dave the panther? and those orange wigs aint fwo wigs. damn y am i talking 2 u 4 i am missing the meeting at the school :shock: :x :(

Balmain_Boy

Estoboy said:
I can honestly tell you that when Westie and I were spraypainting that first "FWO" banner (BLITZY FITZY) in early 2005, the sole reason behind it was to have a dig at the anti-fitzy fans out there by continuing the 'pranks' that we were told fitzy did to many players at a the club (ala. Brian Carney).

Do I think fitzy is a good player? not really
Do I think he is good enough for first grade? not really, but there are times where he is best suited to be in first grade

Originally the whole "BLITZY FITZY" banner idea was a 'spur of the moment" thing that was done whilst laughing about how it would piss off people like Simon the Tiger, Ink, RifRaf and Black & Gold (who constantly bagged Fitzy when he played in 2004) in a friendly tounge-in-cheek way. For all of 2005 we went through the season with no one really giving a toss about it as it was really just myself beeting up Fitzy and most people knew it was just a joke. When ever anyone said he was crap, i said he was good... purely for the fun of it; sarcasticly. Most people knew that, yet sadly amid the frustrations of poor team performances and some real shockers from Fitzy, people attacked the FWO. Why? Although they didn't realise it, they probably felt it was a way to vent their frustrations without actually attacking Fitzy himself.

This year more people jumped on the bandwagon. Whilst we may have taken it a little too far, we havn't gone astray from the original intention of knowing that when ever we held up the banners or put on the T-Shirts, we were having a dig at those fitzy bashers.

During one of last years player days, Robbie Farah and Fitzy joked about the FWO to us. When all the players wrote down that they hated fitzy because he was a prankster, it was just more funny justification for continuing on his jokester ways amoungst the fans. The reception by the players has been somewhat supprising. Not only are they all aware of it, but they play along with it. They do the Fitzy pose when they see us... i mean isn't that at least something to laugh about??????

At the end of the day though, its just a joke. We know that, Fitzy knows that, the players know that and most of the fans know that. Yet when people like Mulvi take it serriously then it just plays into the whole scheme of it all.

it was set up ENTIRELY as a joke
and since when are jokes supposed to be taken serriously?
from my point of view, it just seems as though the anti-FWO's have a problem with the chicken crossing the road.

we are still laughing for the same reasons that we were when we first spray-painted "BLITZY FITZY" and I don't think the anti-FWO's realise that

and the more the anti-FWO bash us (as it seems that the bashing has shifted away from Fitzy towards us), the more we'll do it. We are all laughing and having a great time cheering fitzy on knowing perfectly well that the anti-FWO's are getting angrier by the moment purely because they see that abusing us is a way to vent off their anger at the inept tallents of a player.

really its quite sad.
Some of the stuff that we have done is sad (t-shirts, fitzy-websites), but not realising the joke is the saddest part of it all.

both parties are guilty

but its a joke

grow up

move on...
there are more important things in the world to worry about

Mate

I understand that the majority of the FWO are being ironic (rather than sarcastic), but I really don't think it's funny. I find it annoying, embarassing and most of all juvenile. Simple as that.

Hopefully it will die out soon because the 'joke' is tired, very tired.

crouching_tiger

Juniors
im 100% certain just once he'd love to jump online and read a post about himself without wondering if its a "joke"...at least he knew with simon, rif , B&G and me, we were sincere in our critiques.[/quote]

Why don't you ask him yourself.......or are you too scared??? ;-)

innsaneink

Referee
Yeh...I'm sure he'd open up to me, a complete stranger.
I'd get the stock standard reply hed think I'd wanna hear. the same reply all the fans get that dont but think they know the players.

gr8_1

Juniors
C'mon guys this has now gone on for nearly 6 months. We all support the same team, it's time you guys agreed to disagree.

Come over tomorrow and lets cheer the might Tigers on to victory together.

Innk, cya tomorow, bring the farewell skando banner if you can mate.

innsaneink

Referee
We'll be there.... #-o#-obut you just remeinded me, I meant to modify it to include Boof Prince n Spud...dunno if I have time now

innsaneink

Referee
Well, I am shy, and I believe everything a player tells me is lip service, so a banner is my only way to get my feelings across to them...:crazy:

gr8_1

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Well, I am shy, and I believe everything a player tells me is lip service, so a banner is my only way to get my feelings across to them...:crazy:

You shy ? I heard it all now ;-) .. remember the telstra official outside bay 105 :shock: :cool:

Nikki

Coach
Just a question about the official forums. Are you able to register with a Hotmail account? I tried to register last night and Im still waiting for the registration email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts