What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What improvements have you seen in your team

Gaba

First Grade
Over the last 2 years it is obvious every one has seen the improvements of the dragons

Improvements what surprised me

1- After the disappointment of losing Brownie as coach

I thought even Bennett wouldnt be able to change the way the dragons played.

From game 1 last year he proved me wrong, and i was glad to be proven wrong.

2- The way opposition supporters and team think of the dragons

In the Brownie era, where i still blame the players for not executing the games plans then the coach.

When team played the dragons , opposition teams and supporters knew once they were close or get in front of the dragons , they are more likely to beat the dragons.

But under the Bennett era

Opposition teams and supporters know if it is a close game or their team winning by 6 points they are not safe against the dragons.

That puts a big smile on my face when the opposition team and supporters admit they must be 12 points or more ahead of the dragons to have a chance

Eels Dude

Coach
Souths have been great improvers in recent years. Instead of regularly finishing last, now they're just regularly missing the finals.

Parra Pride

Referee
2009 - Premiership runners up ( lost to the cheating scumbags)

2010 - Finished 12th, lost to the Sharks twice.

I see no improvements to be honest.

Despite all this, Eels are still the best club running around.

beave

Coach
My team has gone backwards by retaining has beens and never weres like carl webb, kaufusi and joun williams. us NQers dont expect to win the comp every year but we dont expect to be running last or close there to it 3 years running. Hopefully now with a cleanout and a bit of a policy of giving the locals and lesser names a go, we will see a bit of an improvement but i'm not expecting a hell of a lot from my boys.

little_aza

Juniors
Well my team lost three minor premierships and had two premierships stripped due to enormous rorting and cheating. And from the (former) 2009 premiership winning side, we lost 11 players from that starting 17, including 6 former origin players and 5 internationals to be cap compliant.

So yeah, a think we've gone backwards a tad...

Thank you Mr Waldron, Mr Ribot and all those other ratbags in the management of my club for f*cking up the club and f*cking up the game as a whole.

Loudstrat

Coach
:clap:

We got rid of Fitzgerald. A blind echidna with flatulence could do a better job, and we employed exactly that to replace him.

We signed the best players from 2004. We are spending to our 1993 salarycap.

And we have Jarryd Hayne. Oh to be the busted arses of the competition and still be the envy of the Rugby League World!

simostorm

Bench
Well my team lost three minor premierships and had two premierships stripped due to enormous rorting and cheating. And from the (former) 2009 premiership winning side, we lost 11 players from that starting 17, including 6 former origin players and 5 internationals to be cap compliant.

So yeah, a think we've gone backwards a tad...

Thank you Mr Waldron, Mr Ribot and all those other ratbags in the management of my club for f*cking up the club and f*cking up the game as a whole.

I think its the oposite.. we have moved forward.

Big Pete

Referee
Changes:

Went from grinding teams to the ground with three metre eaters, Tunza and whatever second row we could find to having a forward pack that can just play about anywhere.

We had an ace up our sleeve with a giant centre who had one of the best vertical leaps in the game (Inu would come damn close). If we had nothing else, we'd kick it over to him.

No longer reliant on a third man play, have several.

Defensively we've lost our steel, we always had issues, but we could always rely on somebody stepping up and coming up with the big defensive play. These days, it doesn't happen as much.

Signs for the future: Looks like we're trying to balance our mobile pack with a straight shooter in one Ben Hannant. Other than that, the side will continue to develop the structures in place.

Cowboys
- The left hand side is probably the most potent it's ever been.

Apart from that, nothing. In 2009, it appeared defence had stepped up a notch or three but come 2010 it had reverted to the worst defence in the league.

Signs for the future: Looks like a lot will be changing. DJ has been brought in for his defence and tireless attitude, Bowen/Thurston/Payne should start the season the fittest all three have been and it appears the club is about to finally reap the awards of having a professional Under 20's league with a number of promising players coming through.

Stagger eel

Staff member
no improvement in the last few years but we will be the benchmark of how bad other teams are travelling next year, you wouldn't want to lose to us..

innsaneink

Referee
We conceded more tries and scored less than in 09, yet 09 we finished 9th, '10 we finished 3rd....go figure.
We learnt how to win the close ones, learnt to win ugly

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Warriors have improved their defensive record and their ability to win on the road.

However, I see little more improvement coming until the 1,6,7,9 situation is addressed as well as the "not lose first, win second" mentality.

seaeagle sam

For me, a year of consolidation for the Sea Eagles, maybe even go a tad backward. But we will improve gradually over the next three years as our youngsters gain more experience.

seaeagle sam

:clap:

We got rid of Fitzgerald. A blind echidna with flatulence could do a better job, and we employed exactly that to replace him.

We signed the best players from 2004. We are spending to our 1993 salarycap.

And we have Jarryd Hayne. Oh to be the busted arses of the competition and still be the envy of the Rugby League World!

I did laugh. Funny and true (except the envy part of course).

Latest posts