What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What improvements have you seen in your team

Ryan

Juniors
There has been no improvement when you look at the overall team results.

A bit of improvement from individuals to note.
Glenn Stewart back to better form.
Jason King stepping up.
Matt Ballin and Kieran Foran confirmed they are classy players.
Oldfield, Hopoate, Whare have made good starts to their careers.
Tony Williams heading the right way in his development.

To elaborate a little:-
+ Manly have secured a multi-million dollar corporate sponsor in Centerbet;
+ Manly have sorted their ownership issues with Quantum (who have made a 53 million net profit over the past 24 mths in a global financial crisis) buying out Delmege;
+ Manly have FINALLY decided to build from within (like Penrith / Parra - who nurture their juniors amazingly). Players like Oldfield, Hopoate, Cunningham, Buhrer, Lussick and co. are MUCH more exciting than blokes we attain off other clubs !!
+ Brookvale Oval is getting upgraded a little. Not as much as we'd like, but it's a start;
+ We get Wolfman (personality player, and brings excitement), B. Stewart who has been vindicated back, and that is two Internationals we haven't seen for the last 18 months - I'm sure that will bring some improvement;
+ Hopefully when Matai is back, T-Rex can move into the forwards finally;
+ Daly Cherry-Evans has HUGE wraps on him from Bennett, Meninga, Penna and obviously our club. Looking forward to that, as he wants to play Manly, and has been here through all the grades;
+ Josh Perry is gone, and whilst I appreciated his efforts, his heart was still in Newcastle (understandable) - and that is why at the Central Coast game, he said in the media that he'd like "to go home" and play again someday. Why is that a positive? We want Manly hearted people at Manly;
+ We have heaps of depth in the backs like we haven't seen before. If Whare, Oldfield, Hopoate all don't get runs, you know you are doing well;
+ People under estimate our forward depth, with James Cunningham, Tim Robinson, Daniel Harrison, Jamie Buhrer, Darcy Lussick, Limoni Latu, Junior Palau, Terrence Seu Seu, Matt Cross, Ashley Kemp and Vic Mauro all possibly missing out on a forwards spot as we have guys like Kite / King / Gaulvao / Rose / T-Rex / Watmough / G Stewart / Rodney / Ballin etc etc etc all available to make the team.
+ We have a new team in the NSW Cup;

All summised by our coach:-
http://silvertails.net/news/5243-hasler-hails-new-era
Hasler hails new era
Written by Jason Avedissian Manly Daily Thursday, 11 November 2010 21:07 SEA Eagles coach Des Hasler is convinced the club is on the brink of a new era next season, regardless of Manly’s quiet off-season recruitment drive.

The Sea Eagles got back to work this week at the Sydney Sports Academy in Narrabeen.
Only Kangaroos’ forward Anthony Watmough has been absent.
Former representative backs Brett Stewart and David Williams have also been unable to train as they continue their rehabilitation process following long-term injuries.
Newcomers Daniel Harrison (Bulldogs) and Tim Robinson (Parramatta) have been there all week learning the ropes, with another Liam Foran (Warriors) also now joining the club.
But none of these recruits have played NRL football, a fact which doesn’t bother Hasler.
"We’ve got a lot of young players coming through,” he said on Thursday.
“We didn’t sign any marquee players, but we had five internationals all re-sign.
“Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Glenn Stewart, Anthony Watmough, Kieran Foran, there’s a lot of talent here.”
A lot of established talent, coupled with the introduction of the next generation is what Hasler hopes will ensure a new era at Brookvale.
The likes of William Hopoate, Daly Cherry-Evans, Dean Whare, Jamie Buhrer, James Cunningham, Darcy Lussick and Michael Oldfield will certainly play a role beyond this summer.
“It’s the beginning of the next cycle of players,” Hasler said.
“The next batch of superstars are coming through.”
Hasler said the pre-season period is about “achieving players’ needs” and using the time before Christmas to build towards another campaign.
“We know where we’ve got to improve,” he said.

etc etc etc...the future is bright in my opinion

Talons

Juniors
Great post Ryan, there have been some on here who have spoken as if Manly are on their last legs and should be punted to the Sunshine Coast..
I'm expecting 2011 to be a consolidation year and for the club to be on the lookout for some quality front-row depth in 2012.

PS: For the good of the game and their long suffering supporters I hope the Sharkies have a great year.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I dont think its any surprise in the direction of Manly. Since they got back on their feet, they seem to have fallen back into their old pattern of slowly steadily building for success. Very strategically too. They always seem to have a replacement for when a player leaves, they always seem to be able to get their man they're after.

webbland

Juniors
i hope we don't keep players in the team ,who shouldn't be there.
keeping a very MANLY tradition of keeping names who have past it and letting talent go
hoping for a great year of fighting til the end