What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is a 40 20 ?

GraniteGuy

Juniors
This is my second season getting into NRL and I think I've got most things covered, but there's one thing everyone cheers about that I don't understand. When a player kicks a 40/20 - how does that benefit the attacking team?

BDGS

Bench
A 40/20 is when an player from the attacking team kicks the ball from inside his own 40 metre mark within his own half, and then for the ball to travels into the opposition half and pases the 20 metre mark and goes out of the field of play after already having bounced inside the field.

A team benefits from a 40/20 by retaining possession via a scrum feed, and your team gets a new set of six in an attacking position - obviously only after winning the scrum.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
A 40/20 is when an player from the attacking team kicks the ball from inside his own 40 metre mark within his own half, and then for the ball to travels into the opposition half and pases the 20 metre mark and goes out of the field of play after already having bounced inside the field.

A team benefits from a 40/20 by retaining possession via a scrum feed, and your team gets a new set of six in an attacking position - obviously only after winning the scrum.

Winning the scrum is pretty much assumed in the modern game of course.

Noa

First Grade
Alternatively it could be a female who looks 40 from a distance but is only 20 up close. This is the flip-side of the much sought after 20-40

Chook Norris

First Grade
it seems like quite a simple task and i expect most players to get it at training, but in reality is quite hard to achieve.. mainly due to defensive pressure, wind, and wingers being able to track the ball down quite swiftly.

ByRd

First Grade
it seems like quite a simple task and i expect most players to get it at training, but in reality is quite hard to achieve.. mainly due to defensive pressure, wind, and wingers being able to track the ball down quite swiftly.

Unless Goodwin is on the wing lol

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
it's also a good nickname for someone who seems to have aged prematurely...

a man in his 20s who looks like he's in his 40s..

michael weyman.. age 25..

17714_4_1.jpg

michael dobson, age 23.. (i think someone just showed him a mirror)

Michael-Dobson-006.jpg

or.. the original mr 40/20, scott minto during his toyota cup years..

minto.jpg

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
it's also a good nickname for someone who seems to have aged prematurely...

a man in his 20s who looks like he's in his 40s..
or.. the original mr 40/20, scott minto during his toyota cup years..

minto.jpg
A 40/20 is a bit like a reverse Dorian Grey then.
This picture of Minto was actually taken at the time of his Harold Matthews Cup debut.

BDGS

Bench
Ah, so that's why everyone gets so excited. Chris Sando seems to be the master.

Because its incredibly hard to pull off.

You have to do all the requirements without being tackled, without the winger or fullback stopping the ball going out and kick the ball 40 metre with accuracy and get a good bounce.

Latest posts