What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is It With The Hatred Of Cats?

Cartman

Juniors
Cat paw prints on my car of a morning.

Keep your pet contained in your own yard, as I am required to do with my dog.

i didnt grow up with cats. only into adulthood did i come across them. i always thought they were aloof and stupid creatures, but they can be quite affectionate and friendly. I now have 5 (along with 4 dogs). theres pros and cons with both species. but i can say i'm pretty sure my dogs have killed more birds than the cats have

If your cats are outdoors, I can guarantee they've killed more.

Cat paw prints on my car of a morning.

Keep your pet contained in your own yard, as I am required to do with my dog.

Agree 100%. This is the other thing that shits me about them. A lot of (not all,) owners don't seem to give a shit where they are or what they get up to.

The last place I lived at the stupid bitch next door had three male tabbies and she rarely ever had them inside. They were always outside at night and fighting other cats that lived in the area. The battleground just so happened to be under my f**king bedroom window. Adding to that her spawn were lazy little bastards whom preferred to toss the empty cat food tins over the fence rather than bin them, to which she vehemently denied even when presented with proof.

One of them ended up getting run over and she thought she had the right to abuse the poor driver. One of the other neighbours defended the driver and said she was lucky no one had poisoned the f**king things yet.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah I agree with what others have said, I think a lot of the hate comes from them being allowed to roam wherever the f**k they please. We've had this real fat black cat lately coming into our yard and eating our dog's food. The dog comes sprinting out of the house and chases it off when it hears the cat but it comes back the next night anyway. Just FOAD already please.

Someone

Bench
We could start by picking on other feral species such as goats and pigs. These animals are not native to this country either and they cause immense damage to farms.

Neither are cane toads.

Certain species are instinctively natural predators. Including felines. Thankfully nobody introduced the Panthera tigris tigris into Australia (aka Bengal Tiger). :p

the main one you forgot was the European fox. the biggest merkin animal in Australia of them all. believe it or not certain greeny people want to 'rescue the foxes' and domesticate them too.

IMO, In hindsight domesticating the cat was a horrible error and some people are still not learning from the errors of our past.

that's not saying that cats don't have some sort of value as a pet, but it wouldn't hurt for some cat owners to try and keep tabs on their cats and understand how destructive they can be.

Last edited:

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Like all pet owners, there are responsible and irresponsible cat owners. Those who let their's out of a night to fight, mate and screech, piss me off.

My two cats only go outside during daylight hours for shorts stints totally supervised by me. And only the backyard as well.

Like all pet owners, there are responsible and irresponsible cat owners. Those who let their's out of a night to fight, mate and screech, piss me off.

My two cats only go outside during daylight hours for shorts stints totally supervised by me. And only the backyard as well.

Like I said, not all cat owners are f**kwits. There's the odd one like yourself who leave them indoors and supervise them outside. Out of everyone I know that owns a cat(s,) only one strictly leaves them indoors and supervises their outdoor activities. The rest couldn't give a f**k what they get up to.

There is one thing worse than a cat though, and that's an idiot cat hater who thinks taking a cat and dumping them 20km away from home in the scrub is a good way to teach the cat a lesson. They forget they hone in on their primal instincts pretty quick smart and become feral and subsequently do more damage to native wildlife than they would as pet.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We could start by picking on other feral species such as goats and pigs. These animals are not native to this country either and they cause immense damage to farms.

Neither are cane toads.

Certain species are instinctively natural predators. Including felines. Thankfully nobody introduced the Panthera tigris tigris into Australia (aka Bengal Tiger). :p
And none are kept as pets....

You own killers, whom lick there arse constantly, and would burn you in a heartbeat.

Feral animals.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Like I said, not all cat owners are f**kwits. There's the odd one like yourself who leave them indoors and supervise them outside. Out of everyone I know that owns a cat(s,) only one strictly leaves them indoors and supervises their outdoor activities. The rest couldn't give a f**k what they get up to.

There is one thing worse than a cat though, and that's an idiot cat hater who thinks taking a cat and dumping them 20km away from home in the scrub is a good way to teach the cat a lesson. They forget they hone in on their primal instincts pretty quick smart and become feral and subsequently do more damage to native wildlife than they would as pet.

Well said. Thank you.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
crazy_cat_lady.jpg

well cos i'm male i dont get that stereotype but i think people think thats my wife in the picture

If your cats are outdoors, I can guarantee they've killed more.

quite possibly. but they're all lazy f**kers now who spend their day in the garage (i put a cat flap on the garage door and they seem to spend more time inside than out)

Bazzi's got cats.

or FIV

i had a cat go missing and it turned up 6-8 months later at the pound. it was found about a 15-20min car ride away and theres very little chance it could have gotten there itself given the freeway which separates the areas. always wondered how it ended up there. maybe some merkin caught it and dumped it.

my cats are out during the day and in at night. if i ever hear cats fighting i go outside and break it up. its always been other cats coming into my yard and harassing my cats

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
My love of cats started when I was about 4. Our next door neighbour, Beulah Harvey, was the president of the Royal Cat Society (or something like that).

She arranged back in 1964 to have photographers from the Sun-Herald to come to her place and take photos of me, grooming a cat, to advertise the upcoming Sydney Cat Show.

It ended up on page 5, a half page photo. I still have the original clipping and a framed 10 x 15 black and white print.

Geez I was a good sort back then.:roll:

i had a cat go missing and it turned up 6-8 months later at the pound. it was found about a 15-20min car ride away and theres very little chance it could have gotten there itself given the freeway which separates the areas. always wondered how it ended up there. maybe some merkin caught it and dumped it.

my cats are out during the day and in at night. if i ever hear cats fighting i go outside and break it up. its always been other cats coming into my yard and harassing my cats

That's a very real likelihood. I have enough common sense to know that there's one thing worse than a "domesticated" cat and that's a feral cat. Abducting them and dumping them doesn't do wildlife any favours and only teaches the owner a lesson, and even then, they're only likely to go out and replace the cat with another.

I hate the animal, but I have nothing against those who wish to keep them as pets, as long as they respect the traditional conventions of pet ownership. If every cat owner didn't allow their pets to roam as they please harassing other people's pets I think the dislike for them wouldn't be so intense but I've found a lot of cat owners tend to be as psychopathic as their pets so I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Latest posts