What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is our beloved game turning into?

avsterooster

Juniors
Fellow forum members,

I am writing as a very frustrated fan of Rugby League after the first weekend of football.
I am getting so fed up with the pathetic womens game our beloved league is becoming, and unfortunately alot of you posters are to blame for my frustration...

I cant believe the amount of you that winge over heavy tackles and hits its just becoming pathetic. THIS IS RUGBY LEAGUE PEOPLE... the game of MEN, the game of WARRIORS.
I am only 22 so i havent seen action from yrs past, but from what i know in the earlier days players played with broken jaws, arms and all sorts of other injuries and didnt complain one bit!

Some of you fans out there today are no offense the biggest cry babies i have ever met and are an embarressment to league fans. You need to take a good hard look at yourself and work out if you should continue supporting league and weather you are man enough.

I think the fans influence is having a terrible affect on the league and officials are acting differently as well as the video ref and the players.

I am a rooster fan i will say that straight out, but more importantly i am a league fan... riley brown on friday night did something that happens 100 times a year. He did nothing illegal and nothing wrong and the amount of winging that has come out of it is disgraceful. If it was paulson the winger, no one would of said 2 things about it. Wing left his back open and paid the consequences.

Another incident i saw on saturday night, was manly denied a try because of a collision between glenn stuart and greg bird, dead set it was the worst video ref decision in the history... BUT WHY IS IT HAPPENING? BECAUSE OF THE FANS THAT ARE CONSTANTLY WINGING ABOUT HIGH SHOTS, CHEAP SHOTS and any other type of shot. Little slaps around the ball and head are getting blown up for penalties, players are lying down. its a joke

IT NEEDS TO STOP,
our league is slowly becoming a girl sport, with the referees and officials continuing the trend. Please remember what our great sport was once about and what hopefully is still about. Enjoy it for the highs and the lows, but accept your teams fate win lose or draw.

yobbo84

Coach
If anyone on here can offer just one other similar incident to that of Riley Brown's, I will offer my apologies. Until then in my eyes he's a cat who will forever have a blotch on his otherwise unimpressive career.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Umm yobbo, it happens many times in a season. It only got press this time because it was round 1, it was a star player, and it caused a freak injury.

Y2Eel

First Grade
yobbo84 said:
If anyone on here can offer just one other similar incident to that of Riley Brown's, I will offer my apologies. Until then in my eyes he's a cat who will forever have a blotch on his otherwise unimpressive career.

What are your thought on what Gidley did to the canberra player then? it was legal same as browns but still was a cheap shot...

Stagger eel

Staff member
honestly, were Manly fans whinging this bad when Stewart was ko'd in last years gf???

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Y2Eel said:
What are your thought on what Gidley did to the canberra player then? it was legal same as browns but still was a cheap shot...
So he's meant to allow the Canberra player to lie on the ground and just calmly put a hand on him? :crazy:

Dave Q

Coach
yobbo84 said:

Ditto.

roosterman57

Juniors
Rabbitoh fans. Did use lose because of that tackle on wing? Stop trying to take the spotlght off the fact that ur biggest rivals beat u convincingly. sh*t happens.

yobbo84

Coach
roosterman57 said:
Rabbitoh fans. Did use lose because of that tackle on wing? Stop trying to take the spotlght off the fact that ur biggest rivals beat u convincingly. sh*t happens.

Did I say Souths lost because of that tackle?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pass the Ball said:
No - but we are talking about Souths here.....

out of interest I decided to chack the sharks forum just to see how they felt about the Ross tackle and they seem to be sweet about it, albeit they did win, however Perry really did launch into him kamikazi style...

Inferno

Coach
yobbo84 said:

There was a similar incident a couple of years ago with Wiki almost killing someone after steaming in and smashing some poor chap that was already being held up by 2 other warriors players. Can't recall who it was against though, I'm thinking Penrith?

Y2Eel

First Grade
yobbo84 said:

so you have no thoughts??

Guy laying on ground basically tackled and he's dived on you don't think its as bad if not worse??

Y2Eel

First Grade
Jobdog said:
So he's meant to allow the Canberra player to lie on the ground and just calmly put a hand on him? :crazy:

Its a cheap shot but its legal i have no complaints...

Garts

Bench
Stagger eel said:
out of interest I decided to chack the sharks forum just to see how they felt about the Ross tackle and they seem to be sweet about it, albeit they did win, however Perry really did launch into him kamikazi style...

That tackle was fine, Perry took him front on and tried to smash him fairly, albeit he headbutted (by accident) him in the process. Brown's was a cheap shot, hardly tough however time to move on as it was not illegal.

roosterman57

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
Did I say Souths lost because of that tackle?

I didnt say u said that. But it keeps getting brought up to take away the loss. I mean look at Dave Q's signature...

NO EXCUSES ROOSTERS "IT WAS A DOG ACT"
100 years of bringing the game into disrepute."

sorry but thats just sadddd. puts it in his name followed by 100 years of bringing the game into disrepute LOL!!! haha pleaseeeee. take a loss Dave mate

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
You may not like the way the game is going, but all the parents out there who want their child to play league but dont want them to get bashed around and injured, they love it and I for one am supportive of the changes made to League.

Im sick of mentioning AFL but, AFL seem to get along with mothers. AFL boast to be child friendly and thats all protective parents hear. It might seem "pussy" I know, but its for the good of the game.

Plus, not only is it good for children, but if the game was the way it was 30 - 50 years ago, the League would need their own court to handle all the law suits.

As for the Craig Wing incident which is where all this is coming from. Id like to see the players involved to get a week suspension because what they did might just might have detered a parent or small child from wanting to play league for fear of injury.

Shorty

Staff member
Y2Eel said:
so you have no thoughts??

Guy laying on ground basically tackled and he's dived on you don't think its as bad if not worse??
I don't understand why you're attempting to compare these?
Wing was being held by two guys and Riley went deliberately at full pelt with intentions.

Gidley,from what I've seen of it,would not have been able to slow down anyway but there was nobody guarding the Canberra player.
To please the ref he would have had to somehow hook his feet into the ground and merely touch him.

Latest posts