What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Plan B?

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Rampaging penetrative forward.

Hmmmm...

46 metres a game. Very penetrative. No line breaks. Admittedly his tackle break numbers are decent, but not outstanding. Even Luck and Lillyman have higher numbers than that in terms of meterage.

Steve's best attribute easily is his hit zone in defence. He had one of the best techniques in U20s I can remember. It certainly wasn't and never was his running prowess that has attracted attention.

Pretty much. You're 100% right. Steve was recruited to entice Sam to stay longer.

What a load BS.
Sorry Iafeta you were wrong - your doing a good job in trying to back up your claim - but again still wrong.

Steve Rapira - Cowboys did try and sign Steve long-term both he an tamou were supposed to be longterm cowboys.
He indicated he was deadset on coming back to warriors.

Yes he he initially shone because he is one of best defender going around.
However because he had long-term injuries he eventually began throwing himself around on offense.

As for being compared to luck - over simplified - luck tackles lots (often 2nd, 3rd men in) - Rapira tackles hard.
He also runs much harder.

As for the stats. I dont believe he was paying big minutes. Luck has been playing 80mins.

We also need to remember Mannering has been average so has luck imo.
Rapira will be better backrower than both of them. IMO.

ozreece77

Juniors
he lifts for the kiwis but strikes me as quite lazy for club.

Steve Rapiraa is harder, tougher than his brother. Always has been.

Eastwood also has a small matter of a 100,000 pounds transfer fee. which is about 190000NZD i think. Screw that.

Iafeta

Referee
What a load BS.
Sorry Iafeta you were wrong - your doing a good job in trying to back up your claim - but again still wrong.

Steve Rapira - Cowboys did try and sign Steve long-term both he an tamou were supposed to be longterm cowboys.
He indicated he was deadset on coming back to warriors.

Yes he he initially shone because he is one of best defender going around.
However because he had long-term injuries he eventually began throwing himself around on offense.

As for being compared to luck - over simplified - luck tackles lots (often 2nd, 3rd men in) - Rapira tackles hard.
He also runs much harder.

As for the stats. I dont believe he was paying big minutes. Luck has been playing 80mins.

We also need to remember Mannering has been average so has luck imo.
Rapira will be better backrower than both of them. IMO.

And that's I think where we'll leave that one. Difference of opinion clearly. I'm fairly confident that he'll struggle to break into the top side barring injury and that by next season when people have looked past his surname they'll see he's a strong defender with not a lot else.

Steve Rapira has the best tackling technique ive seen since the corey lawrie days lol
Yeah seriously though the guy knows how to cut men down without help - give him more minutes he sure will shine

ozbash

Referee
Difference of opinion clearly

True, Steve is the opposite type of player than Sammy, Sam attacks, Steve defends.

remember when they were playing Bartercard, they both looked special and complimented each others style of play.

Latest posts