What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best player at each club worth?

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Being realistic what figure do you think the top player at each club should recieve annually?
Personally i don't think any player (even Sonny) is worth more than 500k.

$400k for the superstars

Players that i think are on that or close to it

Webke
S Jones
Fletcher
Johns
Menzies
Lockyer
Price
Gower
Mason
Anasta
Kimmorley
Barrett
Hindmarsh
Cayless

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
trent barrett - $1.50

i would give stg a dollar for the tampon...and i would want change from that dollar too!

webcke is not close to 400k for the broncos.

lockyer would be on the 500k bracket....he signed a 5 yr deal last yr, so that should see him surpass 300 games for the broncos.

avsterooster

Juniors
craig wing would lead the roosters
i would say about 350,000 a year
fitzy would be on that or close to it as would morley and minichello

gregstar

Referee
if saints are paying colin best anything over an incentive contract of a shoe shine a week, they're kidding!

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Saints have wasted so much money on Barret & Gasnier. :lol:
Im certain Prince would be the Highest paid player at the Tigers. Sheens went after him with all guns blazing back in 03. He'd be making pretty good money, not sure about $400k though. Hopefully Hodgo's making good money too, he's worth every cent he gets, so's Prince. We'd probably still have Withers at half (good player not at halfback though, all Raiders fans will realise this on the weekend) if it wasn't for Sheens, who should also be earning top $

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
if saints are paying colin best anything over an incentive contract of a shoe shine a week, they're kidding!

would u like to swap him for 2 players? i will give you stu kelly and minto...hows that? 2 for one!

rugged

Juniors
What must players be on a the Rabbitohs. Surely not comparable to other clubs players?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
rugged said:
What must players be on a the Rabbitohs. Surely not comparable to other clubs players?
Fletcher and Harrison would be on a bit. The others would on the same amount a player of their ability would earn anywhere else (ie fringe first grader salary)

Pazza

First Grade
At Parra i think

Tahu 350
Hindmarsh 350
Cayless 330
Riddell 300
Morrison 300

Hurriflatch

Referee
It depends on the players

You cannot say that each teams #1 player must be on $400,000.

For the GAMES top players yes around 400-500k is about all they should be on and is about all clubs can afford under the salary cap.

hitman82

Bench
There's a big difference between actual value, and what they are paid...
I hardly think Stacey Jones has been worth his 300-400k salary for the past couple of years :(
Just a thought - do players for the warriors have tax advantages?
I read somewhere that Nrl players in aussies pay MASSIVE tax on their income?

Hurriflatch

Referee
hitman82 said:
There's a big difference between actual value, and what they are paid...
I hardly think Stacey Jones has been worth his 300-400k salary for the past couple of years :(
Just a thought - do players for the warriors have tax advantages?
I read somewhere that Nrl players in aussies pay MASSIVE tax on their income?

The Warriors potentially have a number of advantages over Australian clubs

They still get 3.25 million Aust. to pay their players which last time I check worked out as close to 4 million in Kiwi money.

the taqx laws may be different aswell

Latest posts