What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the correct pronunciation of Dane Gagai?

bobmar28

Bench
Rabs couldnt pronounce "Hala" so I wouldnt trust him on anything.
Stupid old fart makes such a big deal out of the mispronunciation of names....its his job, he should research if he's unsure...highly unproffessional

A couple of years back Rabs used to call the player O'Dwyer ... something that sounded like "Odour Wire". Lol.

I am pretty sure it is Gay-Guy. I remember watching a broncos website media interview pre-seaspn with a dude talking to Gagai and he pronounced it Gay-Guy.

Though is it much of a suprise with a cutie and a Wanka at the Broncos?.

Spot On

Coach
Another bloke who has made a name for himself and got the fat contracts due to the QLD Origin dominance. He can thank all the perennial losers from NSW for that. See Dylan Napa as another example.

His origin series the past 2 years have been poor, especially last year where his defence in games 1 and 2 cost QLD dearly.

He survived at Newcastle due to the shitful roster we had there but topped the missed tackle count most weeks - and that doesn't factor in the amount of tackle attempts he made where he didn't lay a finger on his opposite. Brown should have punted him to reserves the last season he had there.

He's not a try scorer either, rarely getting across the stripe.

I hope the QLD loyalty mantra stays strong this year. You send all your attack his side. Dragons scored all there poibts down his side last night and the Roosters took 2 minutes to put a try on after he moved to centre last week.

Last edited:

NK Arsenal

Juniors
"Shitmerkin". It's pronounced "shitmerkin".

Fair dinkum how useless is this bloke without a rep jersey?
Stood out in a Knights jersey that was shithhouse and been living off that hype for a number of years now

So glad he left the club.

He was woeful last night. No doubt about it. But to be fair to him, he was playing outside what looked to be the giant marshmallow man from Ghostbusters.

Tough for a winger to defend well when you know your centre is going to be outgunned all night. GI made Lafai look like prime Mal Meninga last night.

Fangs

Coach
Dane (Pronounced Dane) Gagai (Pronounced gay-guy) is quite overrated.

Though as mentioned, Inglis certainly didnt help. He had a shocker.