What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the most common food/drink you have never even tried??

horrie hastings

First Grade
I can't stomach fresh mussels but those little smoked buggers in the tin I'll gobble up.

Just reading the country of origins some of the smoked oysters and mussels in a tin come from put me off to start.When i was away up the coast last month, went to this restaurant called Hot Myrtle in the middle of nowhere, they smoked their own mussels, also did a smoked mullet pate both were beautiful but even better was their simple smoked tomatoes, they also did a seafood curry which was just melt in your mouth delicious, they used king fish as the fish in it but also full of prawns, , squid, scallops and mussels, the food was so good we dined there twice, glad we went back the second time as it was like a last supper, it was the last weekend where you could dine in before the laws changed.

Last edited:
Thought I'd bump this.

Peanut butter. If you want to eat something that resembles a deposit in a baby's nappy, then peanut butter is for you.

Watermelon. Why would I eat tasteless solidified pink water?

Cucumber. Ate it once and ended up in hospital for five days, losing nine kgs in the process. Uncontrolled spewing and shitting. Found out I had a rare allergy to a enzyme in cucumber. Haven't touched it for 44 years.

Nuke

Staff member

I've said many times: If reincarnation is a thing, and your soul finds out you're coming back as a fruit, you'd be pretty pissed if you ended up being rockmelon or honeydew. The two blandest-tasting fruits ever created. On it's good day, watermelon can be nice, but there are plenty of days your description is bang on. The other two: Nope.

Sad thing is, I like fruit salad, but 80% of what's in the commercially available pre-packaged fruit salads are freakin' watermelon, honeydew, and rockmelon.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Cucumber. Ate it once and ended up in hospital for five days, losing nine kgs in the process. Uncontrolled spewing and shitting. Found out I had a rare allergy to a enzyme in cucumber. Haven't touched it for 44 years.

Watermelon and cucumber come from the same family. I do not like cucumber at all, the rare time i have had it I get terrible reflux and burping, needless to say i don't like it, nice slice of chilled watermelon on a summers day is a treat but after eating watermelon I do get the burps and it tastes like cucumber when I burp.
Yes also those pre prepared fruit salad which are full of watermelon, honey dew and rock melon, i avoid those, rock melon especially is one of the most uninspired tasting fruit, another fruit some of the fancier places sometimes throw in is Dragon fruit, nice looking but absolutely no flavour and is expensive at the fruit markets.

Watermelon and cucumber come from the same family. I do not like cucumber at all, the rare time i have had it I get terrible reflux and burping, needless to say i don't like it, nice slice of chilled watermelon on a summers day is a treat but after eating watermelon I do get the burps and it tastes like cucumber when I burp.
Yes also those pre prepared fruit salad which are full of watermelon, honey dew and rock melon, i avoid those, rock melon especially is one of the most uninspired tasting fruit, another fruit some of the fancier places sometimes throw in is Dragon fruit, nice looking but absolutely no flavour and is expensive at the fruit markets.

You are da man Horrie!