What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of team would you possibly name for next week...

Rebel

First Grade
There needs to be changes and a fair few. There needs to be a lot of accountability for this loss. After 3 straight losses is 2011, Ivan rung the changes and we gradually improved.

I'd go..

1 Locke
2 Laumepe
3 Hurrell
4 Mannering
5 Vatuvei
6 Godinet
7 Seijka
8 Rapira
9 Friend
10 Matulino
11 Henry
12 Peyroux
13 Lowrie (c)

14 Havili
15 Mateo
16 Lilliyman
17 Packer

Big casualties to be: Tupou, Leuluai, Johnson, Taylor and Mannerings captaincy.

jaseg

Juniors
Lowrie as captain? You're kidding right? The guy has been between average and useless for us all season. And on form Tupou is probably one of our better players right now, laughable as that is.

Kevin Locke
Bill Tupou
Ngani Laumape
Dane Nielsen
Manu Vatuvei
Thomas Leuluai
Pita Godinet
Ben Matulino
Nathan Friend
Sam Rapira
Feleti Mateo
Simon Mannering
Suaia Matagi

Harry Siejka
Charlie Gubb
Albert Vete
John Palavi

Give the young bench forwards (and Matagi - well to be honest mainly Matagi and Vete) a license to kill. By that I mean tell them to go out there and f'ing destroy anything that comes near them. Hurt some people, knock the ball loose, make them hesitant to run at you - lets start earning that 'big, mean forward pack' reputation the Aussies keep rubbishing on about.

Iafeta

Referee
Lowrie shouldn't be in the squad, let alone the team, let alone captain. The bloke is the ultimate plodder. Its a joke that we went after him.

1 Locke - if he's not available, Fisiiahi
2 Tupou
3 Neilsen - if he's not available Laumape
4 Hurrell
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Sjeika
8 Rapira
9 Friend
10 Packer
11 Mateo
12 Mannering (c)
13 Matulino - a lot of locks are playing like extra front rowers these days, such as Trent Merrin and Paul Gallen, even Corey Parker and Shaun Fensom are taking a lot of hit ups in the middle, and being exceptionally effective. We have a very small forward pack, we need Matulino out there playing big minutes and hitting it up.

Mara - Godinet is the ultimate speed bump
Matagi
Lillyman - lucky as, because he is going hopelessly
Henry

Aragorn

First Grade
I`d go

1 Locke
2 Laumepe
3 Ropati
4 Neilson
5 Vatuvei
6 Mateo
7 Seijka
8 Rapira
9 Friend (c)
10 Matulino
11 Mannering
12 Ikahihifo
13 Lowrie

14 TL
15 Taylor
16 Lilliyman
17 Packer

Tupou & Henry - i heard about their laughting and pats on the back to penrith players after the game - disgraceful. Should be dropped just for this act alone.

Aragorn

First Grade
Lowrie shouldn't be in the squad, let alone the team, let alone captain. The bloke is the ultimate plodder. Its a joke that we went after him.

2 Tupou
4 Hurrell
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Sjeika
8 Rapira
9 Friend
10 Packer
11 Mateo
12 Mannering (c)
13 Matulino - a lot of locks are playing like extra front rowers these days, such as Trent Merrin and Paul Gallen, even Corey Parker and Shaun Fensom are taking a lot of hit ups in the middle, and being exceptionally effective. We have a very small forward pack, we need Matulino out there playing big minutes and hitting it up.

Matagi
Henry

Fish was absolutely disgraceful at FB last night. Dont know how you could have him back in there. He`s not a FB. Probably a winger at best.

I`d pick Ropo at FB before giving fish another run.

One Warrior

Bench
Lowrie doesn't deserve to be in the team, Henry & Tupou deserve to be dropped as well as being fined or something for grinning and laughing after that embarassment last night. Team
for next week:

1. Locke
2. Fish
3. Hurrell
4. Nielsen
5. Vatuvei
6. Johnson - Try at 6, Daley doesn't deserve a chance here.
7. Seijka - Time for his chance.
8. Matulino
9. Friend (C) - Will give it to the team when they deserve it.
10. Rapira
11. John Palavi
12. Mateo
13. Mannering
14. Leuluai - No more at 6 please, he is a hooker only.
15. Gubb
16. Matagi
17. Vete

kos

Juniors
Re Lowrie-didnt he make 44 tackles........and isn't his role just a tackle bot.
Watching on TV its hard to see how good players are playing defensively ...ie whether those 44 were effective tackles.

One Warrior

Bench
Re Lowrie-didnt he make 44 tackles........and isn't his role just a tackle bot.
Watching on TV its hard to see how good players are playing defensively ...ie whether those 44 were effective tackles.

Apparently he's injured anyway.

jaseg

Juniors
Tupou & Henry - i heard about their laughting and pats on the back to penrith players after the game - disgraceful. Should be dropped just for this act alone.

Ah. I didn't realise Tupou was at it as well. In that case I'd amend my team to drop him and move Laumape to the wing, Hurrell coming into the centres.

Tupou & Henry (well, Tupou anyway) only need the week off (so long as they respond well) - I didn't quite as much of a problem as some at them mixing with guys on the other team who are clearly good mates. But I did have a problem with the sheer stupidity of doing it out on the field in full view of the fans, rather than behind closed doors. For that, I'd give them the week to think about how they conduct themselves.

@kos - Lowrie did make lots of tackles - but also topped the missed tackle count, had a number of ineffective tackles and gave away a penalty (as always). Of the other big tackle numbers, Henry was playing centre and should be dropped anyway, Mannering only had 1 miss and 1 ineffective and Friend had remarkably similar stats to Lowrie - except Friend offers so much more on attack. It's not just this game though - Lowrie has been a flop this season, with the exception of maybe one game.

Iafeta

Referee
Lowrie seems to be third man in ... a lot. And he tackles as soft as a pillow. No aggression in him. Yet for no aggression gives away a ton of tackles. Opposition defenders love it when he goes for a hit up, great opportunity to smash him backwards. Dreadful nonsense of a player.

Iafeta

Referee
Elliott refused to discuss the shock benching after the match and Johnson said he had been offered no explanation.
But Johnson said it was something he planned on talking to the coach about in the coming days.
"No [explanation]. Nothing," he said.
"Look, he made his decision. I went with it.
"And I'm sure he made it for what he felt was best for the team."

As if it needs to be explained to him. He needs a spell. His defence was absolutely appalling, and that kick that didn't go out where he tried to be a smart alec and kick it to the opposite side of the field spelt it out that his head was up his own ring hole last night.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/8691282/Shaun-Johnson-embarrassed-to-be-pulled

ozbash

Referee
As if it needs to be explained to him. He needs a spell. His defence was absolutely appalling, and that kick that didn't go out where he tried to be a smart alec and kick it to the opposite side of the field spelt it out that his head was up his own ring hole last night.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/8691282/Shaun-Johnson-embarrassed-to-be-pulled

3/4 of the team should have been on the bench beside him if they were going on performance..

Masterstroke by Elliot, benching our key playmaker...

2 Tupou
4 Hurrell
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Sjeika
8 Rapira
9 Friend
10 Packer
11 Mateo
12 Mannering (c)

Matagi
Henry

Spot on with Lowrie...can't believe he even started when he was at Storm. An average player with poor hands.

Mannering is not a leader and I would look at Matulino or Rapira to captain the side as both of these guys have more respect than what Mannering would ever have.

Neilsen would add some starch to defence in the centres and is a good reliable choice.

The Warriors are missing a grub IMO...someone like an Ennis, Bird or Farah who can get under the skin of the other team yet actually add another dimension to the side.

vvvrulz

Coach
Whatever Topou did in terms of being chummy with the Panthers, he's been one of the very few this season who's been giving it his all every week. He's not a great player but you can't fault him for not trying.

Lowrie is a poor man's Michael Luck, that's why we chased him.

Definitely want to see Friend given captaincy, we need a mongrel and he's the only one there.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Elliott just said on 40/20 that there will be changes for this weekend

I like listening to Elliott speak, but some of the questions coming towards him have been absolutely gibber !!

Mike0070

Juniors
I missed the start , did he talk about pulling princess Johnson ??

I agree , I like the way he communicates - interesting him saying that he hadn't seen any of the smiley happy bullshit footage before tonight.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Nope, the only mention of any individual player was the roundabout way McIvor went about asking if Mannering was a captain.

Every time McIvor asked something it was 30 seconds of gibberish, especially the question about the mental side of it

tangalife

Juniors
None of the team are leaders. Not one player I see with any leadership qualities. Mannering is the worst captain ive ever seen.

Ropati to full back, because Fish just proved to me last night he's to soft for first grade.

Johnson, a good player but too soft.

Too many pussies in this team.

I remember Friend on radiosprot the other week saying that this is the only club hes come to where no one gives each other a hard time if there is a mistake, its silence or pats on the back.