What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorson1987

Coach
How could I forget Titans?

I've never seen a bad performance from Denzel, whether the film wa good or not. He's amazing IMO. I love how he can bring vulnerability, charisma and toughness to a role with ease.

Just remembered another one left off the list.

John Q.

Game_Breaker

Coach
With A Walk Among the Tombstones released and Taken 3 still to come, Non-Stop released last year, has Liam Neeson starting to get typecast?

T.S Quint

Coach
Disappointed in the lack of Remember The Titans guys.

I don't think I have ever seen Denzel in a bad film (of course that is my opinions on his films, others may think some of them are bad)

Remember the Titans was ok.
I know many people love it, but I didn't think it was anything special (and I love football movies).

Denzel has made a few 'not-so-good' movies.

Virtuosity
Ricochet (loved it when I was younger, but saw it not long ago and it doesn't hold up)
Deja Vu
Out of Time
Mississippi Masala
Heart Condition

None of them I would consider out-and-out stinkers though. He has some very average movies as well like Book of Eli, Unstoppable, Man on Fire, John Q, Bone Collector and The Siege. They are ok movies, but like the Titans not much more than that imo.

I forgot another one of his I loved though - Inside Man.
Denzel, Clive Owen, Jodie Foster, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Christopher Plummer and Willem Dafoe in a Spike Lee movie (that doesn't look much like a Spike Lee movie).

T.S Quint

Coach
With A Walk Among the Tombstones released and Taken 3 still to come, Non-Stop released last year, has Liam Neeson starting to get typecast?

Yes.
But at his age now it is fine. He has done enough different roles in his career to be able to go back to some other stuff if he really wants to. The man was Oskar Schinlder for f**k sake, he can do what he wants. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing him try some more comedy - he was brilliant in his little part in Ricky Gervais' Life's Too Short. And A Million Ways to Die in the West wasn't the best movie, but I thought he was good in it. He has a part in Ted 2, so I hope he does well in that.

Frederick

Staff member
Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes for the first time. Surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

Transformers.

Don't really understand why all you wannabe movie critics slit your wrists so much over it. Probably because you wankers went into a Michael bay film expecting Shakespeare in love or some gay shit.

It had dinobots, it had transformers fighting and destroying shit. It had mark wahlberg. It was f**king cool.

But but the script and the acting.... You c**k suckers know what you are in for before you watch it so EAD. But when the next one comes out, you douchenuggets will all watch it, and then you will come in here and whinge cause it had too many explosions and too much cgi and complain that robots fighting hurts your precious little eyeballs.

Transformers: age of extinction 8/10

some11

Referee
Tell us how you really feel.

I only saw the first one and as far as I'm concerned they didn't make any more.

vvvrulz

Coach
Transformers.

Don't really understand why all you wannabe movie critics slit your wrists so much over it. Probably because you wankers went into a Michael bay film expecting Shakespeare in love or some gay shit.

It had dinobots, it had transformers fighting and destroying shit. It had mark wahlberg. It was f**king cool.

But but the script and the acting.... You c**k suckers know what you are in for before you watch it so EAD. But when the next one comes out, you douchenuggets will all watch it, and then you will come in here and whinge cause it had too many explosions and too much cgi and complain that robots fighting hurts your precious little eyeballs.

lmfao post of the year.

Not quite a Christian Bale, you hit about a Les Grossman there

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
The Purge: Anarchy (2014) - Not bad but I would have liked a bit more info about what the Purge actually was. A lot of typical Hollywood "whew...just made it" scenes which really get up my nose. 5.5/10

Godzilla (2014) - A movie which warmed up slowly for a change but turned weird. I could write a 500 page piece on what was wrong with this movie, starting with why did the creatures change size every scene. Sorta fun anyway. 5/10

Joker's Wild

Coach
Transformers.

You are a disgrace to the human race

Zoidberg

First Grade
Transformers.

Must say I agree with this. But this Transformers did go for too long.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Remember the Titans was ok.
I know many people love it, but I didn't think it was anything special (and I love football movies).

Denzel has made a few 'not-so-good' movies.

Virtuosity
Ricochet (loved it when I was younger, but saw it not long ago and it doesn't hold up)
Deja Vu
Out of Time
Mississippi Masala
Heart Condition

None of them I would consider out-and-out stinkers though. He has some very average movies as well like Book of Eli, Unstoppable, Man on Fire, John Q, Bone Collector and The Siege. They are ok movies, but like the Titans not much more than that imo.

I forgot another one of his I loved though - Inside Man.
Denzel, Clive Owen, Jodie Foster, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Christopher Plummer and Willem Dafoe in a Spike Lee movie (that doesn't look much like a Spike Lee movie).

The movies themselves might be a bit "meh", but Washington's performances are always top notch IMO.

He's a fine actor.

I can honestly say I have not seen many - if any - of his films where he wasn't great.

Transformers.

Homophobic much?

Aragorn

First Grade
Transformers.

i dont know, I think it missed the mark in the hot chicks department. I felt a little dirty and wrong in wanting to shag mark wahlberg's daughter.

T.S Quint

Coach
Transformers.

I know exactly what to expect from a Michael Bay movie. I actually enjoy a few of his like The Rock, Transformers, Pain and Gain and even Armageddon.
I love a big, dumb action movie if it done right. The Transformers sequels were not done right at all. There is such as thing as too big and too dumb.

And I rarely complain about CGI. I love CGI - once again, if done right and not overused.

Status
Not open for further replies.