What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

axl rose

Bench
Ready Player One- with every nostalgia reference from the 80s I was reminded of much better films than this.
3/10 :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Burnt Offerings, watched it earlier today, Stephen King always said he based The Shining on this movie.
Burnt Offerings itself is a bit muddled but the main stars of Oliver Reed, Karen Black and Bette Davis shine, not the best horror movie I have ever seen but the stars keep it rolling along and keep it interesting to its anti climatic climax.

King hit

Coach
Player one ready

Had some very good action scenes and shots that made it more interesting. Good movie and gaming references. Along with an interesting story and an engaging experience it was a good movie.

B+

Wizardman

First Grade
A Quiet Place = My favourite movie of 2018 so far. Tension is incredible, story telling is great and actors do their jobs amazingly well. Emily Blunt is the best actress under 50 in Hollywood...yet another incredible performance from her. Only a matter of time before she gets an Oscar for something.

axl rose

Bench
A Quiet Place = My favourite movie of 2018 so far. Tension is incredible, story telling is great and actors do their jobs amazingly well. Emily Blunt is the best actress under 50 in Hollywood...yet another incredible performance from her. Only a matter of time before she gets an Oscar for something.

A Quiet Place. Very intense triller 9/10.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
The Death of Stalin.

Brilliant from go to whoa. Jason Isaacs and Rupert Friend steal every scene they're in. A+

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
1922. Enjoyed it, slow burning but pretty twisted. Thomas janes southern drawl he puts in nearly needs subtitles at some moments but apart from that another solid effort from netflix

vvvrulz

Coach
Master & Commander 7.5/10. It should be a lot worse than it is, Russell Crowe out at sea should have been a disaster. But the script is tight, packing a punch but lightening up when required; the plot rattles along nicely in an elaborate cat and mouse game, and Rusty kills it while playing brilliantly off Paul Bettany.

I wonder if this got dismissed as a cheap POTC clone, because it's a hell of a lot smarter than that.

PJ

First Grade
All The Money in the World. Quite good.

The Room. As bad as was expected.

Disaster Artist. Very entertaining after watching The Room.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Master & Commander 7.5/10. It should be a lot worse than it is, Russell Crowe out at sea should have been a disaster. But the script is tight, packing a punch but lightening up when required; the plot rattles along nicely in an elaborate cat and mouse game, and Rusty kills it while playing brilliantly off Paul Bettany.

I wonder if this got dismissed as a cheap POTC clone, because it's a hell of a lot smarter than that.
I’m pretty sure this was planned as a trilogy but there wasn’t enough interest in the first one

Zoidberg

First Grade
Ready player one - not as good as I was hoping but enjoyable enough. Too much going on screen at once in some scenes to appreciate it all.
Makes me wonder how far we are away from a virtual world like the one presented in the movie, should be fun.
7.5/10

Latest posts