What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What must Australia do to catch up with NZ and England?

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Get a grip, we are miles behind NZ and the Aussies, NZ were much better in the final than they were against England. England would have lost by at least 20 against either NZ or Australia.
I know all non-aussies are pleased Australia lost but lets not forget England were crap and have lots of work to do.

Doom and gloom....is the air really that bad in Geordieland?

Jasdragon

Juniors
Following the slaughter tonight, I am wondering what everyone thinks needs to be done to the Australian game in order for them to catch up to the best two teams in the world, NZ and England?

Clearly England should be rated above Australia as in the matches that meant something involving these nations England came out on top. We lost by only 10 points to NZ, compared to Australia's feeble 14 point capitulation and embarrassing, inept display.

First of all I think Australia needs to resist temptation to go its own way too much in the NRL as the gap will only get wider and wider and then you'll never win another series.

Secondly, neutral refs. Unless the ARL can take the Roos off their home ref life support system they'll never be able to close the gap, as we all know what will happen when refs are non-Australian.

Any other suggestions?

:lol: what sh*t are you smoking???????

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
If you truly believe any of this rubbish then you are deluded. In case you hadn't noticed ESL buys up all of the dried up NRL players who then become 'stars' again in England for another decade. The ESL is now officially a joke. The English Rugby League Team returned home an embarrassment - read the articles in England mate - its all red faces and shame.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ditto the above drivel with the 'Magnificent Roos'! :lol:

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
As I said before c**k, the Poms couldnt win with Morley's mother reffing. Give up whinging about the refs. The only decent one in England is an Aussie. Just like all English Rugby League - without us and the Kiwis you would not have a comp!

You forgotten that Britain INVENTED this game divvy? :roll:

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Test Matches in England from 1990

* GB 19-12
* Aus 14-10
* Aus 14-0

Australia win series 2-1

* GB 8-4
* Aus 38-8
* Aus 23-4

Australia win series 2-1

95 - World Cup

* Eng 20-16
* Aus 16-8 (Final)

Winners: Australia

2000 - World Cup

* Aus 22-2

* GB 20-12
* Aus 40-12
* Aus 28-8

Australia win series 2-1

* Aus 22-18
* Aus 23-20
* Aus 18-12

Australia white wash 3-0

04 - Tri Nations

* Aus 12-8
* GB 24-12
* Aus 44-4 (Final)

05 - Tri Nations

* Aus 20-6
* Aus 26-14

Last 2 matches:

06: Aus 33-10
08: Aus 52-4

Head to Head in England

Aus - 15
Eng (GB) - 5

Yep.. the Aussies have a looooong way to go to ever reach the heights of a red hot English team.

Take note those are matches played in ENGLAND.... Pretty awesome home record against the Aussies you "lads" have

All that hard work and now the Roos have ditched their 32 years of dominance...all down the gutter. :lol:

typicalfan

Coach
England must be peeved, they thought they could come here and waltz past the Kiwis and outplay the Australians, yet somehow managed to become third best nation in the world after a streaky win against PNG. That and France who are being called a revolution or something expecting to be somewhat competitive next year in the 4 nations finished where?

And the kiwis only beat us once, they got you twice.

Just thought I'd point out that there appears to be no mention of where the French Test is going to fit in the SL draw for 2009. Surely the truly wonderful RFL would have booked a weekend off to play this game and had a date and venue selected already... wouldn't they? I mean, the evil, uncaring and incompetant ARL have a date and venue for the Trans-Tasman Test even despite the NRL running the club game here, but no doubt the RFL are all over the mid-year Test there. I expect Wembley and 80,000 people is the plan.

screeny

Bench
SCreeny is a deluded Pommy Prat - there are a few of them here but he is about the worst.

Crikey! Just got back from a weekend away and read a few threads on here.

If this forum was a Jane Austen novel you'd be Elizabeth Bennett to my D'Arcy. Or to quote the bard "thou dost protesteth too much".

But unlike D'Arcy, I'm just not interested, although I am flattered by the attention.

elbusto

Coach
Crikey! Just got back from a weekend away and read a few threads on here.

If this forum was a Jane Austen novel you'd be Elizabeth Bennett to my D'Arcy. Or to quote the bard "thou dost protesteth too much".

But unlike D'Arcy, I'm just not interested, although I am flattered by the attention.
Ahh caught you lying. There is nowhere worth spending a weekend away in England! You lying turd!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

screeny

Bench
Ahh caught you lying. There is nowhere worth spending a weekend away in England! You lying turd!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Actually, you're a tad more like Elizabeth Bennett's poodle.

But anyway, I see no point responding to pointless comments any more, so fire away Lizzy.

elbusto

Coach
Actually, you're a tad more like Elizabeth Bennett's poodle.

But anyway, I see no point responding to pointless comments any more, so fire away Lizzy.
And you remind me of Liza Bennett's poodle's dropping - a small smelly inconsequential turd!