What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

• Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heat

• Kings

• Devils

• Rhinos

• Stingrays

• Total voters

Kaz

junior
Gold Coast Mubcrabs

or my personal favourite

Gold Coast Prawns (They will stink like prawns after a few rounds) :lol:

Trollhammaren

Juniors
All those names are terrible IMO. All these American sporting teams names in our codes is too much!

The Seagulls were the best name for GC! Can they still be called that?

The Gold Coast Plague?

Anonymous

Juniors
The Gold Sharks still has a nice ring to it. :D

Failing that, something more local would do.
The area used to be called Umbigumbi in the north and Kurrungul in the south by the Gombemberri people.

The Gold Coast Gombemberries is probably a mouthful though. ;-)

DIEHARD

----
You have to think of something marketable people! Nearly everything said is dog shit. Griffons was interesting and would make a striking logo and merchandise. I still think Gladiators is great, someone said they could use a logo Similar to the Valleys Diehards logo. Seems like a good idea.

I can't really think of any thing else I like. Bushrangers maybe? Pirates? I can see the skull and cross bones being flone in the crowds already. :lol: Dolphins is beautiful but that's Redcliffe already and you dont want to be cutting their lunch.

Titans and Giants are also cool.

Gladiators (what better mascot to represent rugby league?)
Giants
Bushrangers
Pirates
Buccaneers
Titans
Wildcards
Griffons

t-ba

Post Whore
ROFLMAO.

Gladiators is a sh*t American Sounding Name. Must Queensland Be Engendered with the Pathetic NFL wannabe club names?

incredible_holc

Juniors
a marlin
marlin.jpg

marks%20marlin.jpg

can grow up to 700-800+ i think and reach speeds of 90kms +

DIEHARD

----
t-ba the hutt said:
ROFLMAO.

Gladiators is a sh*t American Sounding Name. Must Queensland Be Engendered with the Pathetic NFL wannabe club names?

If you didnt realise Gladiators are from ancient Rome not the friggin NFL. So are we supposed to write off every thing because the NFL/MBL/NBA might have a similiar team?

Well we had better rename the overwhelming majority of our clubs buddy.

I think the only cause to protest is when we use americanised terms instead of celebrating our own culture. A prime and disgraceful example is the use of the Broncos instead of Brumbies and Cowboys instead of Bushrangers.

A name like the gladiators is infinitely preferable to some light weight girlie name like "The Waves" "The Heat" "The Seagulls" "The Breakers"

This is rugby league gentlemen, we need names with balls and marketablity. And what better name to represent the sport of Gladiators, Rugby League?

Crippler

Juniors
I like the Sound of

Gold Coast Dolphins and Marlins

has to be some sort of sea fish/mammal as when i think of gold coast i think of seaside, the beach and sea world.