What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

• Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heat

• Kings

• Devils

• Rhinos

• Stingrays

• Total voters

t-ba

Post Whore
Diehard said:
If you didnt realise Gladiators are from ancient Rome not the friggin NFL. So are we supposed to write off every thing because the NFL/MBL/NBA might have a similiar team?

No sh*t Sherlock. Maybe we should make the 'Gladiators' Mascot a Phallic Symbol, instead of some Armoured dolt. In the Scheme of things, It's certainly more Historically accurate.

Well we had better rename the overwhelming majority of our clubs buddy.

I think the only cause to protest is when we use americanised terms instead of celebrating our own culture. A prime and disgraceful example is the use of the Broncos instead of Brumbies and Cowboys instead of Bushrangers.

Roosters-Safe
Sea Eagles-Safe
Rabbitohs-Safe
Eels-Safe
Bulldogs-Safe
Warriors-Safe
Raiders-Safe
Sharks-Safe (Reason it was used on Any Given Sunday was because no big pro team in America Uses the name)
Panthers-Safe
Tigers-Safe (There's some Bengals Running around...)
Knights-Safe (See 'Sharks')
Dragons-Safe
Storm-Safe

Broncos-NOT
Cowboys-NOT

What was that?

A name like the gladiators is infinitely preferable to some light weight girlie name like "The Waves" "The Heat" "The Seagulls" "The Breakers"

Nup. The Seagulls are a name associated with Both SE Queensland and the North Coast of NSW (An area a GC club would no doubt be drawing a Fan base from). It's a traditional club name in the Region. Should we forsake Tradition, and dare I say it Tribalism for a Failed NFL clubs name?

This is rugby league gentlemen, we need names with balls and marketablity. And what better name to represent the sport of Gladiators, Rugby League?

Why Not call them The Rhinos :roll: . Potentially full fo Lethat Power but far too Shortsighted to achieve anything...Suits the philosophy adopted the 'Gladiator' Manupile to a tee...

t-ba

Post Whore
If it Must Be on the 'Gladiatorial' theme, why not give it a name with more History in the Region, Like Diehards?

I think My Bones will be dust by the Time Valleys is admitted into the NRL...

iggy plop

First Grade
I like the Diehards!!

I'd to see them adopt the old royal blue as well.

Gold Coast Diehards has a nice ring to it.

Latest posts