What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

• Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heat

• Kings

• Devils

• Rhinos

• Stingrays

• Total voters

Kingytek

Juniors
There is a junior rep side in the area called the Kookaburra's. Can someone tell me what area that covers?

Razor

Coach
Gold Coast Girls?
Gold Coast Power?
Gold Coast Heat?
Gold Coast Gladiators?
Gold Coast Chargers?
Gold Coast Cyclones?
Gold Coast Tornados?
Gold Coast Bashers?

Disco

Bench
Gold Coast Gunners ???

Gold Coast Bulls

i am also a fan of

Gold Coast Marlins

Gold Coast Stingers/Stingrays

Gold Coast Giants

IKnowIt

Juniors
McSharkie said:
IKnowIt said:
McSharkie said:
A Rabbitoh was a guy who used to sell dead Rabbits from a murtle and cerise horse drawn cart during the depression, I think. I'm sure a Rabbitoh fan can help me out here. :?:

You're close to the mark.

At the start of the 20th Century when the club was playing Rugby (before League started in Australia in 1908), a number of players made money selling rabbits meat in the streets calling out "Rabbit-ohs" so people knew they were in the area. Rabbit's meat at the time was cheap and popular. The players would sell and carry the rabbits while wearing the clubs green jersey. The player's jerseys obviously had bloodstains on them, which they couldn't wash out (especially back then doing everything by hand). The club got stuck with the nickname "Rabbitohs" (it didn't officially become the clubs name until sometime in the 1940's or 1950's), the clubs colours also changed to Red and Green (officially Cardinal and Myrtle) sometime before 1900 because of blood on the jerseys.

The clubs logo is that of a white rabbit, but the club is named after the men that killed, ate, and sold dead rabbits.

Oh ok, that makes sense, I thought it was during the depression too. Thanks for the clarification.

It was but started sometime before 1900, I think it slowly died out after the depression.

Nevcost

Juniors
Here's some names off the top of my head

Gold Coast Surf
Gold Coast Pipeline
Gold Coast Mackrel

Gold Coast Heat also sounds good

Latest posts