What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Phrases and Words Make You See Red?

"Smooth brained".

WTF does that mean?

Everyone's favourite, "woke".

Woke is the past tense of the verb "wake", used to describe the action of emerging from a sleep, not as an adjective.

Here's one that gets on my nerves immensely.

"Partner". Used to describe one's husband/wife, fiance, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. So impersonal.

Guess what? I'm not in a f**king business with you. It's called an intimate relationship.

Bazal

Post Whore
This thread is quite eye opening. Amazing how many mundane things upset so.many people?

"Partner". Used to describe one's husband/wife, fiance, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. So impersonal.

Guess what? I'm not in a f**king business with you. It's called an intimate relationship.

I mean technically you are in the f**king business with them?

This thread is quite eye opening. Amazing how many mundane things upset so.many people?

I mean technically you are in the f**king business with them?
That business would be....

.... the manufacture of babies?

That industry always runs at a huge loss.

Nuke

Staff member

My wife 100% agrees with this. She hates when people use that term. It doesn't bother me either way, but I see her point. It is very impersonal, but when you meet two people these days (whether they're male & female, male & male, or female & female ... and goodness knows how many other possible combinations there are these days with people -literally- chopping and changing!) it's not clear cut if they're married, boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancees, friends, brother/sister, whatever, so a generic term like 'partner' is used. If the couple then choose to clarify by stating they're married or whatever, then I'll say bye-bye to 'partner' and use the specific term. If they don't, then I'm none-the-wiser, so I'll keep saying 'partner'.
...and my wife will keep hating me saying it!

Nutz

Bench
My wife 100% agrees with this. She hates when people use that term. It doesn't bother me either way, but I see her point. It is very impersonal, but when you meet two people these days (whether they're male & female, male & male, or female & female ... and goodness knows how many other possible combinations there are these days with people -literally- chopping and changing!) it's not clear cut if they're married, boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancees, friends, brother/sister, whatever, so a generic term like 'partner' is used. If the couple then choose to clarify by stating they're married or whatever, then I'll say bye-bye to 'partner' and use the specific term. If they don't, then I'm none-the-wiser, so I'll keep saying 'partner'.
...and my wife will keep hating me saying it!
I use the term partner because I'm not married but she's my partner for nearly 25yrs now. What's wrong with saying that. Often I don't want to tell someone my partner's name, so be it.
Besides a partner means everything to me, in personal life and in business.

Nutz

Bench
In media, especially Americans, giving an intro it's usually "what's up guys"
I'm so over this frequently used term. What's wrong with a simple hi everyone or hello?
My son answers the phone like this so I guess old pop will just have to get over it. (Not "jog on" which is another term that is annoying.)

Nutz

Bench
"Smooth brained".

WTF does that mean?

Everyone's favourite, "woke".

Woke is the past tense of the verb "wake", used to describe the action of emerging from a sleep, not as an adjective.
Smooth brained, that's new to me ha ha.
Hey LL, what's your groove, Jason Recliner, bean bag, futon, hammock, charpai, Tatami Mat.....I prefer my partner...sorry I couldn't resist hee hee.

At the moment, some LU forums are experiencing a pandemic of the word "cooker" when making what I assume to be a derogatory remark about someone. We got rid of the terms "butthurt" and "salty" and now are confronted with this shit. WTF is a "cooker"?

I prefer the word "chef"......

Belza

Juniors
At the moment, some LU forums are experiencing a pandemic of the word "cooker" when making what I assume to be a derogatory remark about someone. We got rid of the terms "butthurt" and "salty" and now are confronted with this shit. WTF is a "cooker"?

I prefer the word "chef"......
What does " cooker" mean... I have never heard that term

MugaB

Coach
What does " cooker" mean... I have never heard that term
Apparently its someone who is "cooked"
A bit loose, crazy, off the meds do to speak
I can think of a 100 words better that are more fun and derogatory than that boring slang