What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What players would you take to the Tri-Nations?

Eels Dude

Coach
Widders deserves a spot, though probably will not get one. Hopefully the selectors decide to reward players based on form rather than past representative status. With so many leading Roos playing for poor performing clubs this could be an asset.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
1. Hodgson
2. Miniachello (because he sucks the selectors c**ks)
3. Berrigan
4. Gasnier
5. Richards

6. Lockyer (would much prefer Barrett)
7. Prince

8. Bailey
9. Budderus
10. Civenoceva
11. Hindmarsh if he is available
12. Kennedy
13. Galea

14. Farah
15. Widders
16. Ryles
17. Skandalis

lockyno1

Post Whore
Eels Dude said:
Widders deserves a spot, though probably will not get one. Hopefully the selectors decide to reward players based on form rather than past representative status. With so many leading Roos playing for poor performing clubs this could be an asset.

The problem with Widders is that he is n impact player. Unfortuately Bennett loves having 2 forwards (props) and Wing on the bench. That leaves 1 spot. Makes it tough! I would love to see him make it!

bluesbreaker

Bench
The 25 i'd take... Obviously it ain't gonna happen though.

1) Minicello
2) King
3) Gasnier
4) Cooper
5) Grothe
6) Barrett
7) Johns
8) Price
9) Buderus
10) Bailey
11) Simpson
12) Hindy (if fit)
13) Kennedy (if available)

14) Wing
15) Civoniceva
16) Ryles
17) Fitzgibbon

18) Lockyer
19) Hodgeson
20) Morrison
21) Newton
22) Prince
23) Bowen
24) Harrison
25) Tahu

I would like to see Tim Smith go on tour. Probably not to play a game (Unless our starter was injured!) but just to mingle with the stars of the game and learn a bit along the way.

He is very keen to improve his game at every step of the way. I think he would get a great deal from heading to the UK and learning from say Andrew Johns.

I hope Matt King, Matthew Cooper and Luke Rooney all start.

I hope Joey plays every game he possibly can.

Other then that.....I'd love to see Preston Campbell get a run (I know, I know....NOT going to happen!). :D

aussies1st

Staff member
Matt King is a no brainer, he will definitely start. I would like to see Smith breeded in but there is plenty of time to do that in the future.

CULLUS.ONLINE said:
1. Hodgson
2. Miniachello (because he sucks the selectors c**ks)
3. Berrigan
4. Gasnier
5. Richards

6. Lockyer (would much prefer Barrett)
7. Prince

8. Bailey
9. Budderus
10. Civenoceva
11. Hindmarsh if he is available
12. Kennedy
13. Galea

14. Farah
15. Widders
16. Ryles
17. Skandalis

6 players out of your team & out of 14 other teams in the comp you could only find 11 players ,...take off your tiger colored glasses

D

Deleted member 10972

I reckon...LOL Hodgson over Mini :|. YEAH RIGHT...get over it...Minichiello is BETTER than Hodgson ever will be. The only reason people like Hodgson more is because he plays at a popular club, whereas everyone seems to think Roosters rort the salary cap. Mini is, simply put, better than Hodgson. Galea :|. Farah :|. Skando :|. All good players but you've got to be kidding me. NOT Australia quality. Richards is mad but he's Irish & said he wants to play for them. Id still bring him along too.

The Strongest 17

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Eric Grothe
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt King
5. Matt Sing
6. Trent Barrett
7. Andrew Johns
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus
10. Steve Price
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ben Kennedy...if retired, then Ashley Harrison

14. Petero Civoniceva
15. Craig Wing/Craig Gower
16. Steve Simpson
17. Mark O'Meley

Shadow Team

1. Brett Hodgson
2. Pat Richards
3. Paul Bowman
4. Matt Cooper
5. Timana Tahu
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Scott Prince
8. Jason Ryles (would fill Shrek or Civo's spot depending on form)
9. Cameron Smith
10. Ben Ross
11. Dean Young
12. Chris Flannery
13. Braith Anasta

14. Anthony Tupou
15. Joel Clinton
16. Craig Gower/Craig Wing
17. Ashley Harrison...if BK is retired, then Michael Crocker

RABK

Referee
Clint Newton, Ben Creagh and Dean Young may all be bolters for a spots on the tour.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
I reckon...LOL Hodgson over Mini. YEAH RIGHT...get over it...Minichiello is BETTER than Hodgson ever will be. The only reason people like Hodgson more is because he plays at a popular club, whereas everyone seems to think Roosters rort the salary cap. Mini is, simply put, better than Hodgson. Galea :|. Farah :|. Skando :|. All good players but you've got to be kidding me. NOT Australia quality.

You name Fitzgibbon, Wing, Flannery and Crocker in your teams and say Hodgo, Galea, Farah and Skando aren't Aus quality :lol:.

Fitzgibbon is past it, Wing's game has been figured out, he's out of tricks and is nothing more than solid anymore, and Flannery is a nothing.

Minichello is great, but you haven't even watched Hodgo by the sound of it. Everything Minichello has done, Hodgo has done more consistently throughout the year. Form not reputation should decide teams which is why Wing, Fitzy, Mason, O'Meley etc. should be no where near this team, and Minichello should be just edged out by Hodgson.

D

Deleted member 10972

Flannery (who is underrated as hell by everyone) > Galea, and STOP YOUR HODGSON CRAP! We know he's good, but MINI IS BETTER! If Hodgson had played in the Origin this year, i could bet you any money he wouldn't have done anywhere near as good as Mini did. Hodgson is the SECOND-BEST fullback, meaning he is still brilliant, but Mini is a better player. Full stop. And about Wing, i'd put either him or Gower, but Gowers defence statistically is quite awful compared to Wing's. i'd be happy with either, though. Fitzgibbon isn't past it, he is still awesome, just he seemed to die off for a while, but he's still got it in him. Plus, you can't go past his kicking either.

Crocker i just put because i had a mind blank, he doesn't deserve a spot at all, until he learns that he doesn't have to start a fight every game.

D

Deleted member 10972

And Mason, he doesn't deserve anything. He's overrated. Price is the best prop in the league & rightly deserves a spoy. You've got to agree with me on Tupou though, the guys a gun.

Big Mick

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Clint Newton, Ben Creagh and Dean Young may all be bolters for a spots on the tour.

Agreed.

Clint Newton i've been very impressed with in the second half of the second.

Stranger

Coach
Big Mick © said:
Agreed.

Clint Newton i've been very impressed with in the second half of the second.

He would want to be impressive.... he gave up Jennifer Hawkins to concentrate on his footy :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
Stranger said:
He would want to be impressive.... he gave up Jennifer Hawkins to concentrate on his footy :lol:

I know...talk about stupid..no wonder he's playing so well he must be training himself into the ground. haha

Latest posts